Modular Gaming Table and blog

Thread: Modular Gaming Table and blog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kickstarter: Modular Gaming Table

Dear reader(s),

I started the year with a new wargaming blog called Realms of Miniatures.

I already posted some work I did on a Modular Gaming Table and planning to do a lot more in the future. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Below some pictures to get you interested

Kind regards,
    Dreamfish

Last edited by Dreamfish; 04-22-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Very nice. Did you machine all the legs and cross members from bar stock, or can these pieces be purchased ready-made from DIY home improvement stores?

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Dude... is that the same frame you use for gaming ànd storage? If so... wow....wow...wow...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

That's right, the same frame can be used for gaming and storage. This blog post shows the construction of the table.

The whole table is handmade from two types of aluminium bars. 150x150mm and 200x200mm bars. These are welded together at various points. The whole structure is pretty simple actually. The difficulty lies in the tools needed to work with the material and the precision needed to make it work. Up to a precision of 2/10 of a mm to be exact. The table also underwent a Powder coating. Which makes the paint very durable and neat.

The connection bars use a simple but effective ball locking mechanism to hold the frames together. As the image below shows, the whole mechanism exists out of two parts.

This makes it very easy to (un)lock the frames. It takes about 15 minutes to construct the 4x3 table configuration.
    Last edited by Dreamfish; 05-05-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Good stuff man, brilliant idea and execution.
    Somehow I see this evolving into a MkII that's completely foldable, and a MkIII that folds itself at the push oh a button.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

That's pretty damn special
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Dream fish i came across your post after contemplating building my own modular table out of wood but after seeing yours i like the idea of an aluminum table much better so i was wondering if your could pass on some of your notes for this project 2 things namely the process of powder coating and 2nd your metal supplier and his prices