Thread: Creating an image to submit

Hybrid View

Default Creating an image to submit

Hello

i have just joined this site and i am having trouble loading the image, i would idealy like multiple details and angles in a single image as i see most people do. unfortunatly i have taken the photographs on my little sisters camera which is a monster, each image is over 2mb and i just cant get them into a satisfactory and postable state. any help and advice would be greatly apritiated

ps excuse the poor spelling, i am badly dyslexic and have yet to find the spell check button

Harley

I personally use Gimp to create my montages. Gimp is a generic Photoshop-ish like program.

But, your biggest issue is the size, it seems. That's simple enough. I use Photoscape for that. Its a pretty simple photo editing software (free, again) that I use to crop and resize the pictures. Once I've got them down to a more manageable size, that's when I start bringing things into Gimp. Helps to start with the rough size of the finished montage you're thinking of.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

thanks for the tips, i shall try that in future. for this one i uploaded them to facebook then copy pasted into paint and jigged them around, looks ok on screen, just waiting to see how it turns out in the gallery

This would be your Renegade Ogryn? If so, it looks a bit decent. It appears to look quite pixelated when you look closer. That may be just due to the zooming you had to accomplish. Not sure what you started with.

However, download the two programs above. Photoscape is the much easier of the two to figure out, but Gimp has a large following and I'm sure that there are tutorials online and YouTube.

Welcome to the forum, too!
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    I personally use Gimp to create my montages. Gimp is a generic Photoshop-ish like program.

But, your biggest issue is the size, it seems. That's simple enough. I use Photoscape for that. Its a pretty simple photo editing software (free, again) that I use to crop and resize the pictures. Once I've got them down to a more manageable size, that's when I start bringing things into Gimp. Helps to start with the rough size of the finished montage you're thinking of.
    oh! I have Gimp and I have been having trouble trying to figure out how to create a montage. I have been trying to figure it out using layering and such and have been totally losing patience =(
    I edit the size of my pics using InfraView.
    Is there an easy way to do a montage using Gimp?
    Lyn

Metalhead Minis
    Twitter- @Metalhead_Minis
    Website- www.metalheadminis.com
    Facebook.com/lynstahlartist

Quote Originally Posted by Urayneum View Post
    oh! I have Gimp and I have been having trouble trying to figure out how to create a montage. I have been trying to figure it out using layering and such and have been totally losing patience =(
    I edit the size of my pics using InfraView.
    Is there an easy way to do a montage using Gimp?
    You'll have to plan a little bit to get the overall size first. For example, one picture across the top, then smaller ones below, you'd use that first picture to set the width. I then bring each photo for the montage into a separate layer so I can move them around easier. Other than that, I really don't have any other hints.

Tweaked C&P from another thread...

Colour balance and crop each photo (sizes may vary but keep X/Y ratios consistent for simplicity).
    Save pics as 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.
    Download IrfanView for free (Windows).
    Launch Irfanview.
    Image menu - Create Panarama Image.
    Select Vertical.
    Select images 1, 2 & 3.
    Click Create Image.
    File menu - Save As...
    Open up montage (fit window to image option selected in View menu) and check whether it needs to be resized.

Job done

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    Tweaked C&P from another thread...

Colour balance and crop each photo (sizes may vary but keep X/Y ratios consistent for simplicity).
    Save pics as 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.
    Download IrfanView for free (Windows).
    Launch Irfanview.
    Image menu - Create Panarama Image.
    Select Vertical.
    Select images 1, 2 & 3.
    Click Create Image.
    File menu - Save As...
    Open up montage (fit window to image option selected in View menu) and check whether it needs to be resized.

Job done

Cheers, B.
    Hi there
    I am new here,and very happy to join you all.
    Thanks for your sharing,i've found an image program for a long time.My previous image tool costs me a lot.So i am thinking get a new one.
    The program you mentioned is powerful enough,it can create image.But is it possible to sharpen image?Thanks.