Blood for the blood god, skulls for me! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Blood for the blood god, skulls for me!

Now that’s a PENITENT ENGINE !!!! Some poor bastard needs penance!!!

Nice! That does look suitably grubby.

Another wierd and sporadic update!
    The new years first hobby night went of tonight and I managed to finish up some older builds as well as doing a few completelt new ones!
    Name:  DSC_0212.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  1.23 MB
    Name:  DSC_0213.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  1.12 MB
    Name:  DSC_0214.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  1.15 MB
    Name:  DSC_0215.jpg
Size:  1.08 MB
    Name:  DSC_0218.jpg
Size:  856.4 KB
    Name:  DSC_0219.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  971.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_0220.jpg
Size:  1.14 MB
    Name:  DSC_0222.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  1.16 MB
    Name:  DSC_0223.jpg
Size:  1.18 MB
    Name:  DSC_0224.jpg
Size:  1.11 MB
    Name:  DSC_0225.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  1.06 MB

So its a wild mash oh some inquisimunda, conversions for a planned DG force and some paint getting slapped on one of my fave gw sculpts ever.
    Name:  DSC_0216.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  1.08 MB

Nice to see you back mate. Those sculpts are awesome, particularly the walking bloat drone

Some awesome, creative conversion work in here....look forward to seeing them develop and get some paint on!

Loving the wild conversions!

A#1 beautiful conversions . Would expect anything less from your talented hands bud.
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 01-07-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks guys!

The bloat drone is the result of having legs left over from the Penitent engine after smacking the driver onto the nemesis fella, been an ongoing (very rarely worked on) progress for about a year or so now and then a sudden burst of inspiration saw it built in a night. Hoping to get my small group of DG machines set so I can use them to inspire myself for a coherent force, still haven't finished the guys from DI....

So, time for a follow-up!

I've gotten a bit further on the bloat drone-conv and also started painting my latest inqusitor conv and his retinue (well, the 2 ppl from it that I have as of yet).

First up is the drone! My heaviest work so far has been on the skin areas as well as the base. I started to finish the lower half of the model in order to finish the water basing part. Here I tried to get the whole feeling of them basically melting their victims in order to drink them, like a spider would.

Name:  DSC_0227.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  1.06 MBName:  DSC_0228.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.09 MB

Next step here is to finish the legs and rest of the lower parts and then move on to the upper body before finishing up the weapons and mounting them. Painting the lower area, specifically between the legs and body (and honestly, much is unpainted there as I simply cant reach :P ).

Next is the built and partly painted Inquisitor Bernard Last-name, the Silverwyrm. He is the leader of the retinue I'm currently building and probably the first truly coherent unit with a thought through visual idea.
    Name:  DSC_0233.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.55 MB

This posts final part is the incubation/relicary of the-guy-who-is-definitely-not-a-vampire. I'm thinking of this as some sort of life support where the person (likely a saint of some kind) is suspended in some kinda coma.
    Name:  DSC_0232.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  1.40 MB

The underslung "turret" was a spur of the moment thing and I can't really decide if it fits or if it's better without. What do you guys think?

C&C is very welcome and sought after here!

Ok so that’s pretty gross dude!!! I LOVE IIIIIT!!!

I like the gun turret, and I really like the idea of the model itself. Please regard any theft of the concept as flattery!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    I like the gun turret, and I really like the idea of the model itself. Please regard any theft of the concept as flattery!
    Well, they DO say imitation is the greatest form of flattery so go ahead!

Well, what good is a life support system WITHOUT a turret?!?!
    Last edited by gorb; 01-12-2019 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Spelling, duh

Really great work on these conversions! I think the gun turret goes perfectly well with the vampir....er, I mean Saint in a coma.