Custodes in progress

Thread: Custodes in progress

Newbie, please be gentle slim_stu's Avatar

Default Custodes in progress

Like many people, I have three or four things going on at once, here is one of those and that is my Custodes that are going to be used as purifiers in the GK list. I have come to a stumbling point, I an not really sure what colour to add to the detail. The majority of the model is in gold and red, so finding a nice colour to help this scheme along and not make it look over the top would be good. Any ideas? I am quite proud of my blending on the cloaks, my first real results using blending techniques, still need refinement thought, but better blending than I have achieved before.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Looking good, try some washes of purple on the gold, has a great contrast effect. A colour to go with red and gold - well, black, I think black would be a neutral colour between them that wouldnt clash
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Looking good. And I think that 10-ball is onto something.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

black could be good, or one of the blues they are standing on.

Looking good. A deep purple may work if you don't want to go with black.

Newbie, please be gentle slim_stu's Avatar

Deep Purple sounds rocking! seriously, i had never considered purple, might give it a bash.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Hehe, that what we're here for! Nice mini's so far, looking forward to seeing them progress.