Coolminiornot app

Thread: Coolminiornot app

Question Coolminiornot app

Hi everyone I vaguely recal mention of a coolminiornot app coming out.

Any one know anything on this?

Being an iPad user there are limitations too the current site the main one is not being able to post pictures from the iPad and having to resort to the laptop a real pest so for me an app would be a real boon. Also with the way things are going with mobile devices marching ever forward its got to be the next logical step IMHO.

Also with PP releasing an app the sector looks like its going that way ( appart from GW but I long gave up expecting anything resembling good customer service from them!).

Any way thats my bit what do others think?
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Yep that's the way to go................
    TO THE FUTURE .......
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Thanks guys for the input maybe Chern could give us a low down on wether or not an app is in the pipe line?
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

What would the App do?

I browse CMON all the time on my ipad.

The biggest thing for me would be uploading pictures. You have no idea how retarded I am with a pc!

Main thing is uploading photos direct from the iPad which currently you cannot do also some of the interface doesn't work very smoothly i.e. you can't hover over the notification button and cause it to expand little things like that which would be far smoother if there was a dedicated app. Plus whatever other coolness could be added which we don't know about!
    Here be my ranking=

Isn't the app forumrunner useable for cmon?

Well, as far as the hover requirements go, it would be simple to put a button to the side of it that shows the same things the hover would when tapped. Not sure why the image loader isn't working, unless they use flash.

It's more economical for a website to make the small tweaks to be usable over multiple devices than develop several versions of the same app for different platforms nine times out of ten.

Fine by me for a tweaky approach as long as the upload image problem is sorted. The hover thingymabob would be a winner too! Been having a chat with the IT lot at work and apparently it's just a matter of getting some off the shelf software that helps you write the app to the standard you want and then submitt it to apple. Small monetary cost and a few days fafing about.

In that brilliant explanation I show the godlike grasp of programming that is mine
    Here be my ranking=

Over the past month or so I've been part of a team looking into apps and such like for the websites/magazines we have at work and went to the PublishingExpo at Earls Court at the end of last month. Basic upshot is that bespoke apps are becoming less popular due to the investment of money (either a developer or software and then the cost with getting it onto apple's store) and the fact that they're not a "catch all" solution - you're going to need an Android app too, if not others.

Ideally you should be looking at your current analytics/web stats and seeing exactly what your viewers are using. One website I manage has 4% of our viewers using an iPad/tablet and 8% using their phone. That's only 12% in total of that site's viewers and although consideration has to be taken to give them a decent enough visit it's not high enough to justify a big development.

The approach that seems to be being adopted is to convert websites into HTML5 sites with consideration being taken for non-mouse users - i.e. no drop down menu's or hover functions.