Thread: Eagle warrior

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Eagle warrior

Was working on this for another forum and tonight Kinda spiraled out a bit here (on medicinal steroids, insomnia is an issue!), been at this guy since about 7pm, its now 1am.....

Went a bit mad here, added chipping and some weathering pastels, though the light was too close and you cant see much of it as its a bit washed out, the effect is a nice ochre hue of dust.

I will do proper pics later.

I am actually in 2 minds about taking him to GD as a single 40k character entry, no way will it win anything, but i am curious to see how it would do, and the whole point of the thread on the other forum was to get a mini ready for GD and in a roundabout way this made me do the duel piece in my other thread.

Its odd the ideas you have at 1AM!
    They say the mind can move mountains. However in practice i find C-4 works wonders!

Where my meagre efforts have reached :

Looks good. You should take it to GD, even if you think its not up to scratch. If you show it the Eavy metal team they will give you some great tips & suggestions. (I did last year - if you dont mind waiting around)
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Blog Entries

Thats the plan, i have a base made up of ballast and slate, its a standard mini base, its done like sandy rough desert with grass clumps in the rocks, but i may make a similar one up on a terminator base to make it a bit larger, however i am partial to the less is more style of the standard base.

Last few years winners have all been on 40mm round bases, but if you go back a bit to early 2000's models were on standard sized bases.

I may plonk it on a round plinth with the standard size slottabase.

Its just to enter and see if what i am doing is consitently good enought to get into second round etc.
    They say the mind can move mountains. However in practice i find C-4 works wonders!

Blog Entries

Well a rather unexpected result, the 3 day to paint mini beat the 3 month project!

So quite chuffed in the end.

When i got home!

Good times

Congrats there. Nice clean mini. Lovely pin too!

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Agreed, that's a really nice mini with a nice amount of 'grime' on it! Well done

Not to denegrate your work. But can't really understand how this could have made the finals. It is nice, but not all that memorable.

Congrats on the pin.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

No, no, no. Nobody in the real world dislikes any of these models. Some people just pretend to, to be cool, but that's just whining. It's impossible to actually dislike anything made by Games Workshop... indifference is the worst possible response.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Not to denegrate your work. But can't really understand how this could have made the finals. It is nice, but not all that memorable.

Congrats on the pin.
    No idea tbh, I just took it to see how it would do, but the main attempt was the duel, which many commented on on the day and it never even got through first cut.

It maybe just caught a judges eye or they liked the colours?

There was stuff I saw that didn't get through which I was surprised at.

well it is a bit of give and take at gd, and a potion of luck congratz to the pin! all in all well deserved!
    Skelettet S Minis at facebook

1 3 3 4 - "All truth is parallel - all truth is untrue"
    still no in line...

5th dimension BLOG