Something fat and ugly this way comes - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Something fat and ugly this way comes

This is looking great -I mean repulsive - or whatever the apropriate compliment would be in this situation. You have given me lots of ideas on how to approach my nurgle demon prince, when I pluck up enough courage.

I like the way you started with the flesh colours first then nurglyfied after, I would not have thought of that way of doing things.

id try to push the contrast one more level all around, to me it looks a bit dull. but I still dig it of course

@kathrynloch - haha thanks alot, I do however accept no responsibility for poorly tummies :P

@Milosh - Cheers pal, until this last attempt I have always been a little disgusted by my metallics, was a definate failing but i think I have got my head around them now.

@Willdorling - Cheers pal. Sorry I have been so bloody slow recently, personal problems mixed with Salute (at which i managedto fluke 2nd place in Monster with my Great Unclean One) and the discovery of The Witcher 2.....although the latter I see as a fairly decent source of inspiration as it is a beautiful looking game with some very nice characters that can be used as inspiration for future projects.....well thats the excuse your getting :P oh and I have been busy selling my Black Templar army on ebay, which has pocketed me a tidy £3500, so at least now I can refocus onto the most important thing

@stevey293 - Dont worry no rushing will occur Offended me? I am a magpie.....if you saw how much resin stuff I brought at Salute together with the resin that turned up in the post you wouldn't be in any doubt

@Coyotebreaks - Thanks pal, not sure if it is the best way to do it, it is however the way I taught myself

@SkelettetS - I have been thinking the same thing pal
    Last edited by mrdee1969; 04-24-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Newbie, please be gentle White Armor's Avatar

Nice concept on the Giant Nurgle, Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldensculptures View Post
    Nice concept on the Giant Nurgle, Very cool.
    Thanks pal

Right well I managed to 2nd place in fantasy monster at Salute with my Great Unclean One, and that was my first ever "silverware" long may it continue

So i have got to the point on the giant that i can progress no further on him until he is on the base, partly because i have nothing to hold on to and partly because there will be thing dangling and obviously i will need to assess the gravity to get it perfect

So i have started the base

Night all

Damien

congrats for silver! damn i have to visit salute sometime, seems like an awesome comp!

giant still look great

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    congrats for silver! damn i have to visit salute sometime, seems like an awesome comp!

giant still look great
    Cheers pal

Right i have added some grass, and I think it does the trick, still need to weather the flowers as they are a little overpowering

Damien

Blog Entries

really coming together. The grass might could use some weathering too.

Hi Mr Dee.

This is looking awesome. I agree with Milosh the grass could do wih some weathering. also think the bit of exposed skull on the smaller head looks a little too clean. But otherwise brilliant mate.

@Milosh - Yarp

@Stewsayer - Yarp x2

I need to add a little gribbly goo the the exposed skull area but as it is delicate I decided to leave it till he was attached to the base which i am still working on

Weathered the grass a little, and also sculpted a nurgling that will have been "birthed" and covered in a nasty mucus by the foot with the birthing sack, might do another playing with a cannon ball as well.

Thing I think I need to get done

1. Secure him to the base
    2. Add miniature flies
    3. Add arrows and trickles of blood
    4. Sculpt and Paint a couple of nurglings (one already sculpted ready)
    5. add goo from the birthing sack extending to one of the nurglings
    6. add puss and grime to the open wounds
    7. add tuffs of hair to the cyclops head.
    8. add the spit and flies coming from the cyclops head's mouth as it is shouting the dribble would come out at a more horizontal angle.
    9. Paint the crow on the dead tree.
    10. tidy up the plinth.
    11. paint the crusty poo in his arse crack
    12. Attach the hairy cancerous ballsack
    13. tweek my nipples when i am finally finished.
    Last edited by mrdee1969; 05-02-2012 at 11:03 AM.

A Nurgling is born and he shall henceforth known as Frank the Nurgling!

Hi Frank!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

MrDee, you have a Friend called frank that you have used as a model? Looking good.

In regards to base, better with the grass.

stevey293

Im a little tea pot short and stout. Sorry couldn't resist.

Grass is a huge improvement and your metalics are looking awesome. Mind if i ask what range are they from?

haha Kretcher, no it is modelled on Fat Frank Lampard

They are Mr Color metalics stevie

Three more sculpted tonight and ready for painting

Meet Henry, Bob, and Philip?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

nah from left to right, Lady Googoo, I Think My Name Is Dave?, and The Unreachable Itch

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Meet Henry, Bob, and Philip?
    harry, bill and charles?

Blog Entries

excellent little creatures you have made. This is turning out to be a giant build, great work sir.