Thread: UK Buyers of the CMON Annual Bundle or Individual Annual Buyers

Default UK Buyers of the CMON Annual Bundle or Individual Annual Buyers

Can anyone who is in the UK who bought either one CMON Annual or the entire CMON Annual bundle give me some advice please?

1) After doing some Google searches, I understand that USPS ship via Royal Mail Parcelforce or Royal Mail within the UK. Did you all get your Annuals By Parcelforce or ordinary Royal Mail or someone else?

2)What is the difference between USPS First Class Mail and USPS Priority Mail (the USPS site wasn't that useful)? Can anyone give me an idea of how long took for theirs to arrive in the UK and what method of delivery you picked?

3)I am assuming that there will be 20% import VAT charged by Customs and that Parcelforce will arrange collection of the charge (if the charge reaches above £9). I have also read Parcelforce charge an £8 handling fee for this. Does that sound like the right ballpark figure?

I am just debating whether to order the bundle or one every so often. Thanks very much!
    All in the game yo, all in the game.

Well, I can answer the first part of #2. First class mail would be for letter and such, so put that into your head as "regular mail". Priority Mail is a bit more faster, as they claim 2-3 days inside the US (obviously doesn't work for you). Regular mail can take a week to go from CA to NY, while Priority Mail would be the 2-3 days. It usually has a tracking number as well, so you can at least see where its been.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Sorry can't help but can anyone tell me whether my Golden dragon of chaos ever made it into the annual? I got asked for pics for the 08 annual but never bought a copy. Looking at the contents page I don't think it got put in. But gateful if someone could confirm one way or the other.

nope, sorry, couldn't find it in the 2008 annual.

Priority Mail is supposed to be tracked every step of the way, including the destination country. First Class mail only gets tracked to the borders of the US, after which it is handed off to the local postal carriers, which may not track it within your borders depending on local policy. From experience, First class mail to the UK is very reliable, but slower.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    nope, sorry, couldn't find it in the 2008 annual.
    Oh well. Thanks for looking.

Thanks all!
    All in the game yo, all in the game.

Customs only charge a fee on items over £100 each i believe it has been a while since i imported anything the amount may have changed a bit but buying cheaper items doesn't incurr. A customs charge it can be applied on multiple items that go over a certain amount too I'm not 100% on that as there are some exceptions as it says on the customs website