Warploque's Sculpting Blog
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warploque's Sculpting Blog

Default Warploque's Sculpting Blog

Hey guys!

My name's Warpy, I'm 19, and I've been sculpting for about 4 years now! I'm currently behind the small Miniatures webstore Warploque Miniatures, and this blog will be a catalogue of the models I work on for that, and also for commissions and personal work

My current project is building up on the range of Halfling Militia I do, and I have just finished a group of five Archers, what do you think guys?

Oh yes, and I am still needing playtesters for my wargame ArcWorlde, so pop me an email if you would be interested, or even if you would just want a read and are willing to give feedback!

Cheers!

- Warpy
    Check out my Kickstarter! - www.warploqueminiatures.co.uk/kickstarter - Ending September 1st 2013!

They look alright but your pics suck!! each mini is about 1/4 the height of the pic. Crop young man, CROP!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Yep, Crop, Crop like you've never cropped before!!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Look good Warpy, bit chunky to go with the recent lord Of The Rings ones but should sit nicely with the Citadel C Series, old LoTR and Harlequin/Black Tree ones I've got.

Bigger pics! And thinking of which, I find sculpts in that dirty brown/green really ugly Any other putties out there with the properties you like but that are a nice colour that photographs well? I've thought the same thing about HiveTrygon's (Trollforged) stuff before.

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Hey lads, thanks for the comments! I know the picture is crap :P But I'll get some individual shots next time I do an update!

BPI - I've had a play around with a few putties, but they are all crap compared to a mix of GS and Milliput. Super Sculpey is alright on larger models, but it doesnt stick to surfaces well, so would be useless for converting resin figures like these! I always have problems photographing them, but they always look ok when casted! :P Haha!

- Warpy
    Check out my Kickstarter! - www.warploqueminiatures.co.uk/kickstarter - Ending September 1st 2013!

Have you tried magic sculp and gs? Having tried millitput, I find it smoother and less crumbly
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WarpyM View Post
    Hey lads, thanks for the comments! I know the picture is crap :P But I'll get some individual shots next time I do an update!

BPI - I've had a play around with a few putties, but they are all crap compared to a mix of GS and Milliput. Super Sculpey is alright on larger models, but it doesnt stick to surfaces well, so would be useless for converting resin figures like these! I always have problems photographing them, but they always look ok when casted! :P Haha!

- Warpy
    I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks highly of this mix. The grey putty (forgot its name - whoops) is nice for photography, but I am uncertain whether I like this so much. Green stuff on its own is alright. Magic sculpt I have that to and I quite like it actually. But my favourite remains milliput and green stuff.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

freak - I've never tried magic sculpt! Do you reckon it's worth getting some?

DFB - I'm glad I've found someone else too! I hardly see anyone use terracotta milliput to sculpt with, it's a pain in the arse to photograph but after using it for so many years I've got to know the material quite well :P

ANyway guys, just thought I would post up some individual pictures of the archers -

And the first member of the Town Guard, what do you think?

Cheers!

- Warpy

Ey up guys, update time! I know I'm bombarding you a bit, but I'm in a creative funk at the moment, so I'm trying to motivate myself :P

Two more Town Guard! Theres a little bit of tidying up work to be done on these, as well as the other one, but I thought I would show you them so that you kind of get the idea -

And the gang. There was alot of scope for really individual models here, but I decided to keep them quite neutral so that multiples could be used in a unit. The halberds arent finished, they just need a clean up and maybe a small motif or something -

And the next Halfling release so far!

Not sure about including the cart... if I do, the price of the pack would haveto be more expensive, and therefore theres a chance that they wouldn't sell as well... WHat do you think on that score? Is the cart needed?

Cheers!

- Warpy

They look ace, you need to get some better painted pics on your site though

I second magic sculp/greenstuff mix, its simelar to milliput, but much much finer

alextheartist - I know I know, I'm not the best of painters, but I'm in talks with a few people who might be able to paint up my character models

ANyway chaps, I have a NEW model for the Swords for Hire, a rogue knight from the lands of Galica ( a country of Arcworlde that will get their own models in time)... An internet cookie to whosoever can name me the character who inspired him :P -

What do you think? SOrry I've bombarded you a bit over this weekend... it will be made up for by the probable silence for the rest of the week Haha!

Cheers!

- Warpy

Blog Entries

My guess is Sir Didymus from the Jim Henson Labryinth movie. The moustache on him also reminds me of a GW knight model on foot and horseback which is quite cool (I have it somewhere.)

dfb

My Gallery Here

dfb - Nope! Good guess though :P He was inspired by Sir Bedevere the Wise from Monty Python and the Holy Grail! And which GW model is that mate?

Anywho, work has started on a new model, Ernst Strawbridge - Captain of the Town Guard -

and size compared to a human -

Whatdyathink?

Cheers!

- Warpy

The 'stache had me thinking Don Quixote.

Blog Entries

Ahh, i KNEW the visor would be part of the inspiration. I remember the monty python scene now. I have no idea what the GW model was, just an ordinary empire knight with a long moustache.

dfb

My Gallery Here

This one from the Mordheim range?

Got him at home, might get around to painting one day
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! I recognise that model now! The one on foot is very nice indeed! :P

Anyway folks! I'll start off this update with a quick picture of the finished Halfling Captain of the Town Guard! -

With him now done, my next batch of Halflings is complete! And the Ulule project should be up in a few weeks time!

The next model I have is the WIP of the Mk.3 Albionnican Trooper.! Theres a lot of work to do, but you get the basic idea -

What do you think?

- Warpy
    Last edited by WarpyM; 03-12-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Hey chaps, an update on the Albionnican!

I will have two options for these, either sword and shield -

Or crossbow ( No gunpower in Arcworlde :P ) -

I know they are basic, but what do you think?

- Warpy

Just thought I would ask your advice boys and girls - I'm thinking of changing the weapons options, instead of going with half sword and shield, half crossbow, I'm going with crossbows with bayonettes. I thought of this mainly as a homage to the Napoleonic inspiration, but also so that the officers stand out more! :P Do you guys think this is a good move or not?

Cheers!

- Warpy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WarpyM View Post
    Just thought I would ask your advice boys and girls - I'm thinking of changing the weapons options, instead of going with half sword and shield, half crossbow, I'm going with crossbows with bayonettes. I thought of this mainly as a homage to the Napoleonic inspiration, but also so that the officers stand out more! :P Do you guys think this is a good move or not?

Cheers!

- Warpy
    Do firearms fit into the fluff of arcworld or do you mean to attach bayonets to the crossbows?

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang