Eldar Swooping Hawk - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Swooping Hawk

its never going to have hands they will be attached to the weapon, in the meantime more helmet work there will be three blades protruding from the crest

finished off the leg/thigh grenade launcher only the hands and the blades to do now the end is as they say nigh
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Are you going to add some details to the head's temples to balance the wide chin?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

theres a lip/edge/visor to be added to his brow and of course the swooping hawks emblem on the front of the helmet im also debating if i should keep the intakes on the jawline as intakes or add gun barrels some eldar have weaponry there...whats the concensus?
    Last edited by cassar; 04-25-2012 at 07:36 AM.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

dont put weapons on the helm - theyre specific to Striking Scorpions. Itd be much like putting a big wolf skull hat on a blood angel. The aspect symbol is also not entirely necessary - some AWs have em, some dont. Personally, I quite like the sleek lines the brow has just now. tres eldar, I say. The added feathers at the back are going to look ace, too, I reckon.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I concur, vents be better on the helmet. Looking forward to rest of the details!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

in a continious theme ta da the helmet blades/feathers provisionally tacked into place

i have to say i like the way it turned out i would like to point out that im not a GOD, close but not a god just a man

have to re design the helmet slightly soooooo...

lol - a highly useful pic, there

One thing, and this is just my opinion and comes with the usual caveat of ignore-if-you-don't-like-it, but the feathers on the hat rather break up the lines of te helmet. I reckon they'd be better if they were positioned on top of each other, rather than side by side. You'd probably need to resculpt them to make this work, though. I'll try to sketch/find a pic to show what I mean after work (am on the iPhone just now)
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    have to re design the helmet slightly soooooo...
    rotfl:
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    lol - a highly useful pic, there

One thing, and this is just my opinion and comes with the usual caveat of ignore-if-you-don't-like-it, but the feathers on the hat rather break up the lines of te helmet. I reckon they'd be better if they were positioned on top of each other, rather than side by side. You'd probably need to resculpt them to make this work, though. I'll try to sketch/find a pic to show what I mean after work (am on the iPhone just now)
    Lol cheers mij thats exactly what the client requested (feathers ontop) also the beaks changed. you telepathic or somethin?
    you're never ignored matey

the beaks a work in progress lol
    Last edited by cassar; 04-26-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Say... how about if you just flip those feather around? So they're gently curving down, like they're at rest. Somehow I can imagine them being moveable, sleek & tucked back while at rest and up an d spread out when trying to intimidate.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

cheers Meph but this is the requested version now all i need to know is vents, holes or just as it is ?

whats the general opinion re the changes?.....i like it to be honest i really do, but all im getting in the back of my mind at the mo is a song fromm th 80'S "captain beaky and his band" lol.

Feathers are getting the thumbs up from me the beak, less so. Sorry Truth be told I prefered it before the chin-job, but if that's what the client wants then shoganai. (useful J-word. Means kinda...tough luck, suck it down, too bad but there's nowt to be done about it, etc It's usually accompanied by a shrug )

I kinda feel he looks too angry. I've always seen eldar as rather clinical (outside the armour, anyway. I know that according to the fluff they completely lose the plot once they put their helms on, but the helm itself should be kinda...serene, or at least dispassionate.) Meh, it's just my opinion of course the client is da boss, so whatever he/she fancies, really

Ps - vents get my vote
    Last edited by me_in_japan; 04-27-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Honestly, I prefer the previous version. This feel it's too large and it's, well, a beak, while the previous version looked like a beak but also looked more high-tech. (Oh, and it looks a bit crooked in the front shot)
    But in the end it's the commissioner's choice, innit?
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Hmm that head looks off, and not alot eldarish. That very large beak makes it look alot like a kroot.

Tthe feather bits and the back of the helmet is very cool though.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Hmm that head looks off, and not alot eldarish. That very large beak makes it look alot like a kroot.

Tthe feather bits and the back of the helmet is very cool though.
    Mar beat me to it. Definitely looks kroot-like. And the center line of the beak is off from the center line of the rest of the helmet. Either that or it's the eyebrow piece is not centered properly, giving the illusion the beak is off.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I like the crest the way it is, but I prefer the previous beak, it looked more Eldar, this one seems too large and forced, not very elegant.

cheers for the input guys good catch on the wonkey beak..rectified i know the client was really keen to have this form of beak and i would like to keep it however if there are any suggestions as to minor details additions subtractions that could make it more eldarish without taking away from the clients design requirements please feel free to let rip, "shoganai" must remember that one theres one sounds like brokenshin mij something about letting loose socially.
    Last edited by cassar; 04-27-2012 at 11:39 AM.

I think it may make it seem to fit more into the "flow" of the helmet if you brought the sides and "back corners" of the beak up under the eyes, making it like the face visor on a knights helmet, only more "beaky" lol. Kind of the way the spacemarine beaky helmets are all part of the faceplate, just without the forward point.

Kris

Well, I see two directions. Funnily enough, a quick search provided two pics which nicely fit what I had in mind.
    One, go for a streamlined look. Tighten that beak curve more in line with the forehead curve of the helmet, and make the beak tip shorter.
    A bit along the lines of this:
    Name:  Swooping_Hawk_Concept_1_by_Shadow_wrath.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  104.8 KB

Two, shed some weight on the beak to make it look less massive. Some raised rims to shape the larger form of the beak, but with beveled, sunken sides. Maybe with a raised middle rim? (as the pic seems to have a clean front section)

Name:  Swooping_Hawk_Exarch_by_carlos1170.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  71.6 KB
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project