Eldar Swooping Hawk - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Eldar Swooping Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Kris370 View Post
    I think it may make it seem to fit more into the "flow" of the helmet if you brought the sides and "back corners" of the beak up under the eyes, making it like the face visor on a knights helmet, only more "beaky" lol. Kind of the way the spacemarine beaky helmets are all part of the faceplate, just without the forward point.

Kris
    cheers kris tried it but it made the face look too fat and lost the ear edging pinched your medieval visor theme witha bit of a slant tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Well, I see two directions. Funnily enough, a quick search provided two pics which nicely fit what I had in mind.
    One, go for a streamlined look. Tighten that beak curve more in line with the forehead curve of the helmet, and make the beak tip shorter.
    A bit along the lines of this:
    Attachment 12828

Two, shed some weight on the beak to make it look less massive. Some raised rims to shape the larger form of the beak, but with beveled, sunken sides. Maybe with a raised middle rim? (as the pic seems to have a clean front section)

Attachment 12829
    cheers Meph tried the head scale is spot on and going with the vent theme only put my own slant on it the vent on the art work would have been a bit too much almost noise marine like.

anyway here's what i have come up with what do we think now, no kroot lookalikes now lol
    also rounded out the intakes on the jaw below the ears more like it i think.

Last edited by cassar; 04-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Dat look mo betta now, bruddah!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

agreed - the vents help a lot. Nice job on the thigh grenades, btw - theyre bang on.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Brilliant work!
    You are capturing the look of the Eldar really well and without simply copying a mini. I love how this just keeps getting better and better!

cheers sproket from you thats hi praise indeed Update pictures i have done the eldar swooping hawk emblem on the helmet drilled and countersunk the helmet intakes and heres afew tasters of what itsgoing to be like when completed, had to tack everything to get the hand position correct.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Awesome work cassar!!!!! the eldar text on the head made it that much better!!!! amazing work!!!

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Woah, awesome stuff man, awesome. I can't wait see a kickass paint job on there. :-O
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Flippin' 'eck!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

super work mate
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

here are a few shots of the back and the wing sockets fresh off the stove and in need of some fine tunning the gem and the spikes at the bottom im really not sure of so expect them to change radically in the next day or so.

the addittion of the wing sockets also raises the wings up

That is proper buzzin!
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

*MiJ nearly chokes on his coffee* yikes! That is looking hella good! Very good show indeed, old bean
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

A wonderful peice of work! Outstanding craftsmanship.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Wow.... Can't wait to see it painted

Cool stuff as always, mate. I'm looking forward to the progress.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

nearly done did the sword belt, cleaned up the wing sockets started the hands however the wifes off these past two days so my time has not been my own. pest that she is.

Blog Entries

Cassar,

How large is your disc/belt sander? From your pictures, I'm estimating a 6" disc and a 4" wide belt? I'm looking to get one for myself and wanted a general idea of how large or small a machine to get.

That Eldar is looking very Swoopy Hawkish! Well done!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

yer half right blood the wheels 6" the belts 2" i also got a new toy specifically for this project although im sure it will prove to be more than useful on other project, namely a black n decker power file got it off Ebay brand new boxed etc great job for all those awkward places.

thanks for the help all, those files where especially helpful blood. am nearly done the hands are half way, one of the wing tip thingys had to be shortend to match the other cant believe i missed it, spent most of the day elbow deep in a sink of luke warm water sanding, advantages being soft smooth hands and what looks like a £1000 manicure

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    spent most of the day elbow deep in a sink of luke warm water sanding, advantages being soft smooth hands and what looks like a £1000 manicure
    lolol until the skin on your finger stars to fall...

goddamit the right arm has hit the floor for the fifth time breaking the blades yet again! they are beyond a viable repair this time so i will remove them and replace, great news i finished doing the hands.....bad news the scale was slightly too small so back to the begining aaaargh!