Confrontation Phoenix Edition - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Confrontation Phoenix Edition

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I think this is because the Legacy Miniatures were never meant for gaming, but rather for collectors and painters.

    And of course they want us to buy their new figures
    hit the nail on the head. When legacy announced their release of the model runs it was clear that it would not be driven by their use in games (obvious based on priced, and model choice) The future of confrontation as a skirmish game was in the back of their minds but not a primary directive in the decision making as many times they stated we will see how the limited runs go and if the line sales, fans, etc. warrant the re-release of the game.

  2. #22

    Default

    squares are not a rumor. It's fact. I chatted with the BlackBall games guys in charge of the re-design at GenCon.

    And I was one of the guys that converted all my metals to rounds during C:AoR...

    /sigh

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    squares are not a rumor. It's fact. I chatted with the BlackBall games guys in charge of the re-design at GenCon.

    And I was one of the guys that converted all my metals to rounds during C:AoR...

    /sigh
    fact indeed, and sorry to say it but thats what you get for backing C:AoR at all!!!! >.> lol

    sorry couldnt resist, just as one of the old guard myself that variant of the game was so horribly laughable i had to give a poke at ya. :P all in good humor though.

    ~AD

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    squares are not a rumor. It's fact. I chatted with the BlackBall games guys in charge of the re-design at GenCon.

    And I was one of the guys that converted all my metals to rounds during C:AoR...

    /sigh
    This is the very definition of hearsay...

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mriches View Post
    This is the very definition of hearsay...
    Hearsay i disagree with as it was commented on by a blackball games designer in another forum thread specific to square bases being used. However the game in its fledgling stages this could change.

    however if you meant to say heresy in reference to the CAoR being played, ROFL
    Last edited by Amusingdead; 09-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amusingdead View Post
    Hearsay i disagree with as it was commented on by a blackball games designer in another forum thread specific to square bases being used. However the game in its fledgling stages this could change.

    however if you meant to say heresy in reference to the CAoR being played, ROFL
    Someone told it to someone else who told it to me. Sounds like rumor to me And you're talking about a forum post, as opposed to a note from the team on http://www.confrontationphoenix.com.

    Did you say something about a horse heresy? <h'yuk>

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mriches View Post
    Someone told it to someone else who told it to me. Sounds like rumor to me And you're talking about a forum post, as opposed to a note from the team on http://www.confrontationphoenix.com.

    Did you say something about a horse heresy? <h'yuk>

    as referenced by Matt with blackball games per the below link on the dragon paining forums, certainly not hearsay more towards fact from the source.

    read the last post on that page (page 13 if for it links you to page 1)

    The thread in its entirety is good to read as well as the actual forum section created specifically for confrontation phoenix updates and discuss which i posted in my post in a previous thread on the CMon forums. The fact that Matt is signed up and commenting/clarifying on rules and updates is very cool. atleast we are getting something info wise.

    http://www.dragonpainting.net/viewto...p=54153#p54153

    and alot of that shit unfortunately says that the website should have been live weeks ago, those bastards are lagging behind.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amusingdead View Post
    as referenced by Matt with blackball games per the below link on the dragon paining forums, certainly not hearsay more towards fact from the source.

    read the last post on that page (page 13 if for it links you to page 1)

    The thread in its entirety is good to read as well as the actual forum section created specifically for confrontation phoenix updates and discuss which i posted in my post in a previous thread on the CMon forums. The fact that Matt is signed up and commenting/clarifying on rules and updates is very cool. atleast we are getting something info wise.

    http://www.dragonpainting.net/viewto...p=54153#p54153

    and alot of that shit unfortunately says that the website should have been live weeks ago, those bastards are lagging behind.
    Thank you, that does look like an official post. I think maybe it's the correct use of grammar. :P

    The website is technically live at http://www.confrontationphoenix.com. It's just that there's nothing on it yet!

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amusingdead View Post
    fact indeed, and sorry to say it but thats what you get for backing C:AoR at all!!!! >.> lol

    sorry couldnt resist, just as one of the old guard myself that variant of the game was so horribly laughable i had to give a poke at ya. :P all in good humor though.

    ~AD
    and a well deserved poke. I don't know what I was thinking...

  10. #30

    Default

    As an old fan of Confrontation (you know, the REAL version), I'd love for an update of some sort on this thing...

    Anything at all, really!

    Please?

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KP13 View Post
    As an old fan of Confrontation (you know, the REAL version), I'd love for an update of some sort on this thing...

    Anything at all, really!

    Please?
    +1 this, right here

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanttheory View Post
    +1 this, right here
    For more information on the status check out the link below and favorite it from to visit time to time.

    http://dragonpainting.net/viewforum....8ee748bcb0822a

    pretty much the most live up to date info with Matt from Black Ball signed up and giving updates from time to time.

    This sure is a nail biter while waiting with baited breath.

    Fingers crossed for it to be great!!!

    ~Adead

  13. #33

    Default

    Man, news from that thread is really dismal right now. Basically, many of the people were saying that the new rules being worked on by BB games were, well, not exciting enough (I'm being nice). Also, most recently in the thread, it is said that these rules had the plug pulled on them completely under the direction of CMON. So right now there are no rules being tested for CP. Nobody really knows what this means or where BB Games and CMON are going from here, but several people have voiced their extreme frustration on the play testers' now seemingly wasted efforts.

    http://dragonpainting.net/viewtopic....3848&start=240

  14. #34

    Default

    A sad state of affairs. I assume with CMON doing so well with Kickstarter Confrontation would be a no-brainier. That said, I do appreciate that when either BB Games or CMON saw an issue with the rules they had the gumption to take things in another direction.
    My one wish in all of this was for better communication all around. It's like dealing with French customer service all over again...and having lived in Paris a while, I can say it can be quite a pain. Why not advertise a bit more, tell people the plan, and draw in more people to kick this KS off in style!?!

  15. #35

    Default

    Yeah man, give us new concept art or something. Show some progress and get the community fired up again (in a good way).

  16. #36

    Default

    WOW. Not really good news. I guess I shouldn't be surprised:

    http://www.dragonpainting.net/viewto...3848&start=360


  17. #37

    Default

    The very definition of hearsay...

    The Dragon Painting forums are nothing but hate in the last year in regards to Confrontation: Phoenix edition. Just keep that in mind.

    I would love it if CMoN would say something on the status of C:PE but they haven't. No-one knows and anyone who does has signed an NDA.

  18. #38
    Brushlicker gohkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Australia
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I dunno about said hate directed at C:P, but most assuredly, it seems directed at CMON and the way they are running Kickstarters and games support.

    There was a really good point in it, though - I've got most of the models already, so why would I get in on a Kickstarter then? I'm no gamer. So unless CMON really pushed out a whole slew of great new Confrontation models, I think I'm already over C:P.

  19. #39

    Default

    I'm in the same boat. I already own everything for 4 factions and a smattering of others. But you can bet I'll pick up a rulebook and any other support materials. Besides, any potential kickstarter ain't for grizzled veterans like us. We'll be the ones showing off our pretty models and running demos. It's for the newbs!

  20. #40

    Default

    My gaming group and I got into Confrontation late. So we have been waiting desperately for this Kickstarter to happen. Unfortunately every time I here news about it I get less and less excited for it. I really wish that we could here something from Black Ball or CMON. It feels right now that the entire conversation is being dominated by the negative. What AngelicOne said in the Dragonpainting thread is the first bit of good news I have heard for Phoenix edition in about 1 year. I hope that we here something by Gencon so that the we can get some good news and get excited about this game again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->