Confrontation Phoenix Edition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confrontation Phoenix Edition

Default Confrontation Phoenix Edition

Well, since in these days at Gama you are presenting the new Confrontation Phoenix Edition, is there any official news?

Have a nice day,

Almanro

PS: Here some useful links to the first blog which announced the project and to a discussion in the Dragon Painting forum with the basic news and a bit of Q&A:

http://throneofangels.blogspot.com/2...ix-arises.html

http://www.dragonpainting.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3055

And finally a photo of CMON booth at Gama from TGN where you can see (not very well unfortunately) the Confrontation Phoenix Edition poster on the left:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

Si vous êtes Françaises:

http://confokaz.xooit.fr/t1540-Le-re....htm?start=540

Se siete Italiani:

http://infinitythegame.cdritalia.org...hp?f=5&t=38607
    Last edited by Almanro; 03-16-2012 at 07:38 AM.

exciting news! I love my confrontation figs. The best sculpts out of any others by far. The game is long overdue to have some new breath of life infused into it.

This is outstanding, my favorite game of all time, i have been repping up at teh local game store and now there will be fresh material. thats awesome. I undesrstand the whole about not pumping the whole line out innitially but hopefully (prayers said) this will bring a bit of a revival, at least teh name is appropriate.

Newbie, please be gentle Ben Clapperton's Avatar

I'm looking forward to finding out what the fuss is all about.

Does anyone have a rough date of when Phoenix will rise and Confrontation reborn? All we have so far is a poster and small interview, quite limited information.

nope, i think what we got is all we know. Its super exciting but seems tehy are keeping it very hush hush atm. Not sure why you would think they would want the PR engine to scream out of control so its hyped to the 9's. but maybe its because they are planning on doing a rescreen of the rules for teh reissue as the orignal translations were something of a bit lacking. They could also have to learn teh old rules (assuming they dont know them or atleast have to refresh themselves) so they can play test and tweak the mechanics accordingly and best determine how the rules should read. this in itself could be time consuming because of all the play testing involved and different scenarios with the faithfuls, magicians and half breed variants of each.

I personally want them to knock it out of the park and do teh best job they can because the game is soo amazing and there isnt really anything totally like it (plenty close, but not close enough IMO) with the rich lore and contexts.

Another potential non disclosure purpose could be that they dont have much to put out there, aka working on rules, but undecided of factions in rerelease box set, or general model release schedule. for the most part that would make sense as well.

im with you and all the other confrontation fans waiting with bated breath.

It could be the next CMON kikstarter!

Man, I really hope so. Does anybody know what base shape this edition is going use? I have some miniatures and I want to put them on nice scenic resin bases. I believe I read somewhere that this edition is going back to square bases but the latest legacy release has the miniatures on round bases? I'd rather not rebase these miniatures; they're fragile, but soooo awesome.

edit:
    sorry, just read that they're going back to square bases in the link above. The round bases for the latest griffin release and the text for the product description threw me off.
    Last edited by Rackham_Rocks; 07-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.

The "old guard" my lynch me for saying this but I hope the game allows round bases. I've already converted most of my 3 armies to rounds. It's a skirmish game and round bases are better for skirmish games. Square bases are for rank-and-file mass army type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    The "old guard" my lynch me for saying this but I hope the game allows round bases. I've already converted most of my 3 armies to rounds. It's a skirmish game and round bases are better for skirmish games. Square bases are for rank-and-file mass army type of game.
    Tthe likelihood is not so good for roundies being used primarily because there are rules that actually are particular to the square bases such as fray splitting, unit force totals, max attackers per side based on square base size, model orientation and LoS, etc. even if they revamp the rules these rules could not be used at all with roundies. (and i really hope they dont change the rules so drastically to include the circle bases because that is likely an error in judgment imo)

Square bases also keeps the door open for a possible refurbished "Ragnarok" expansion which was regiment based.

An old-time Confrontation fanatic like me, I'm really looking forward to the release. To be honest, I would not like to see this one on Kickstarter... this will mean a big boxed set. I'd rather like to see a separate rulebook, and releases in waves, to stay true to the old Rackham ways. I think that's the easiest way to expand your army as time goes by.

I believe they have ruled out a Ragnarok version of the game. CMON Kevin said it would stay a skirmish level game.

Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    Exactly the opposite for me, I have most models from 5 factions, and several from several more. I refused to jump on the carbon-copy-of-AT-43-rules-pre-painted-plastic-confrontation-train and still have my entire collection on square bases. The interactions and frays were what made this skirmish game so cool IMO. I really hope this is allot like the 3.5 rules. I already play 3 other skirmish games with rounds bases (Infinity, Malifaux and Dark Age)...here's hoping they stick with the square.

Also, I've seen some photos of the CMON booth at GenCon 2012 and there is a Guilds of Cadwallon poster there that has my ears perked up. Its got the Legacy logo on the poster, so its not related to the DUST/FFG board game...anyone know anymore about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Square bases also keeps the door open for a possible refurbished "Ragnarok" expansion which was regiment based.

An old-time Confrontation fanatic like me, I'm really looking forward to the release. To be honest, I would not like to see this one on Kickstarter... this will mean a big boxed set. I'd rather like to see a separate rulebook, and releases in waves, to stay true to the old Rackham ways. I think that's the easiest way to expand your army as time goes by.

I wouldn't mind seeing this on Kickstarter actually. If you look at Soda-Pop's Relic Knights KS project, its got pledges for the hardcover rulebook and a faction starter or two. I think CMON is testing the waters with the 'not all contained in one nice package' type of game...and with 23 days remaining, at 900+ backers and closing on $200K it seems to be looking ok.

This Guilds of Cadwallon thing I keep seeing posters of at GenCon may very well be their next kickstarter. Id sure like to know a little bit more about it.

So, has there been any news about Phoenix on GenCon so far?

Alright, what I gathered at Gencon; it looks like they have some rules in place as they were demoing the new system/cards. It will be a skirmish game using square bases. Guys at the table said the website should be going active any day now and while they wouldn't confirm it, it was heavily suggested that based on coolmini's success with kickstarters that it would likely see such a launch. No word on metal v. plastic. Starting armies appear to be Griffen and Wolfen. Wolfen models are definitely more expensive with the new rules for balance purposes. To my knowledge there were no official announcements at the con however.

From the cover of the new edition rulebook it looks like there are a couple of armies that are not represented. I hope they don't do away with drunes, ophidians, and orcs. They are my favorite armies!

Can one see the cover somewhere on the web? Is it the picture of the Red Lioness vs the Acheron dude?

The CMON limited release Confrontation minis all come on round bases, and these are made by the same company that is doing Confrontation: Phoenix. But the current rumor discussed in this thread is Phoenix edition will switch back to square bases.

Why would the company make us rebase all our models - including the ones that we just bought - to fit with the new rule set?

If the rumor of switching back to square bases is true, I hope someone from the company will speak up now and confirm it. That way, I can make an informed decision to put all these LE minis on square bases before I paint them
    Last edited by mriches; 09-25-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by mriches View Post
    Why would the company make us rebase all our models - including the ones that we just bought - to fit with the new rule set?
    I think this is because the Legacy Miniatures were never meant for gaming, but rather for collectors and painters.

And of course they want us to buy their new figures