Damn you GW, FW and PP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn you GW, FW and PP

Default Damn you GW, FW and PP

So i finally had my painting projects planned out for the near future and really didn't have anything i thought i needed or wanted...but but but:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...MINOTAURS.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...OR_ARMOUR.html

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine...sals/stormwall

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/...91982539_n.jpg

DAMN YOU ALL!!!
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Oh great just what I needed for this griffon kick I've been on. Any idea when it's going t be released?

Yayyyy, now we can finally have that paint-off...i think it is april 7th. It is april, just unsure what weekend.

April is paint-like-crazy month for me.....so its perfect
    Last edited by marjedi; 03-28-2012 at 03:45 AM.

31st of march is the day to look forward to. i find that griffon god awful though, and i´m a gw fanboy. wth is up with the huge blown up chest and the tiny head?

i dont particularly dig the griffon either, but looks promising to find some cool looking guys in the upcomming release. oh yeah, and the new forgeworld marines do nothing for me to say the least. huge disappointment after reading "minotaurs"... lol
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 03-28-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Its a big, strong and muscular bird that is clearly dumb as soup :P

I like the overdone chest on it, finally a dangerous looking griffon

how does the island of blood griffon not look dangerous?

and exactly what skelly said about the minotaurs...-_-

The island of blood griffin is cute. All elven and cuddly

I'm usually one to go "Eep" when there are new and "alternative" marines on the wall but this time I felt rather Meh over it all, all I could think of when I saw them was some under dressed dude with an attitude problem going "SPAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in your face.

But I think I might like the tartaros pattern armour, it looks a bit less GW and a lot more sci-fi than usual.
    Last edited by Chrome; 03-28-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

The Spartan terminator is a bit Ott and has de-grown on me at bit. The tartaros are a departure from current 40k looks and should be interesting to see painted.

The Stormwall is my fav of the lot though...boy oh boy, it scrathes the mecha boy in me

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    31st of march is the day to look forward to. i find that griffon god awful though, and i´m a gw fanboy. wth is up with the huge blown up chest and the tiny head?
    I noticed that too - it looks like they had a little trouble with their proportions. But it is hard tell from that pic. If necessary some customization might be in order.

Although, I have to admit my first thought when I saw it was, "gives new meaning to bird-brain." It's just begging to have some creative gamers develop their own critical fumble tables.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Its a big, strong and muscular bird that is clearly dumb as soup :P

I like the overdone chest on it, finally a dangerous looking griffon
    lol! He is definitely imposing and the fact that he has an IQ of a box of feathers means his rider just points him in the general direction for mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    how does the island of blood griffon not look dangerous?
    hahaha....it's got parakeet feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I'm usually one to go "Eep" when there are new and "alternative" marines on the wall but this time I felt rather Meh over it all, all I could think of when I saw them was some under dressed dude with an attitude problem going "SPAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in your face.

But I think I might like the tartaros pattern armour, it looks a bit less GW and a lot more sci-fi than usual.
    BTW - Hiyas Chrome! Long time no talk to! How ya doing?

Wonderfully whacky empire mobiles...and awesome demigryph cavalry

no, no, no. that chariot looks horrible>.< may be the paintjob, but wth, looks like a toy! the halfgriffons look awesome tho

When did Forgeworld start selling Scibor minis?

Also, the breast on that huge griffon looks a little... errr...

Plenty of meat on it though... enough for chicken sandwiches on monday!

okay, i just experiance a huge feeling of disappointment right now. boo. me want some badass heavy infantery no semi-chicken cavalery.

mmmm chicken sandwitches... you´re right about the scibor thing tho, surprises be why i never thought of it, i´m allways hating on the bulky scibor style of other companies!:P

i must admit all that new empire stuff is fucktasticly awful. Who ever keeps making these giant shit monsters should stop.

I much prefer the island of blood griffon.

The last decent large creature was the giant bat.