Blackadders Fully Articulated Warlord Titan - Page 38
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: Blackadders Fully Articulated Warlord Titan

Is there a Mars pattern Warlord in your future?

Seems the buzz is that FW will be releasing a Mars Warlord in the first half of this year according to:

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/20...20820961701592

unless this is the cruelest April fools joke imaginable. Now why they were keeping this a secret is beyond comprehension because unless you're independently wealth you're going to have to save up to buy one of these because the projected price will be around £914 (1351.86 US Dollars); hope that includes weapons.

The good news is it appears 1.5 to 2.0 times taller than the Reaver Titan judging by the main gun showing
    in the Reaver image:

so my Lucius Warlord is in the same ball park:

http://i.imgur.com/kFFEZGs.jpg

plus it's a Mars so there's no conflict there......... Whew!
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Glad it's mars pattern their releasing, I won't want one. The drawback is I'll have to build a lucius at some point !
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Glad it's mars pattern their releasing, I won't want one. The drawback is I'll have to build a lucius at some point !
    Well with your ability you could probably sculpt a Mars Pattern but I would consider purchasing a FW Mars if the size discrepancy isn't too great and converting it to a Chaos. I think the Mars pattern lends itself to the Chaos theme more readily or perhaps wait until the Chaos Mars Warlord comes out.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Pretty Sure It's a Warlord:

Someone on the BoLS newsletter went to a lot of trouble pasting together frames of the short video to give a composite image of the new FW Titan shown here.

http://i.imgur.com/zTRfHQo.jpg

Granted it's in the foreground of the Reaver but still it dwarfs the Reaver by almost double allowing for perspective.

Mebbe my Warlord isn't so outlandishly huge after all............

Still searching for the full painting.

Something Unholy Comes This Way:

A tease in the FW newsletter; the foot pad of the Mars Warlord. and a scale figure so I can do a bit of calculating.

To my eye it seems a bit smaller than my 'Luteus' but that might just be my paranoia.

Anyway there is significant changes in detail from the Epic Warlord cast metal titan I based my model on so I shall have to see if any amendments can be made to 'Luteus Vexant' I believe what is presented here are the diagonal trapezoidal toes. which are detachable on mine so modifications should be easy.

See boys and girls, "Craziness pays........."

Side by Side:

It's easy to see why FW gets the big bucks.

Luteus is hopelessly out classed; Fah!

Don't quit yer day job Blackadder.........
    Last edited by Blackadder; 04-27-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Green Screen Hyjinks:

Well since Luteus has been usurped I figure I'll have some fun before the real Warlord comes out.

Red Eye Panorama I call this one:

http://i.imgur.com/3PxUvq0.jpg

Hey this green screen stuff is kinda fun..........

I still prefer yours BA, and yours is Lucius pattern which is a different construction to the mars so don't be too hard when comparing the leg to theirs

Luteus Vexant Stands 160 feet (49 meters) tall.
    This is not a kit, everything is handmade from scratch fabricated from individual bits of styrene. There are well over 10,000 bits of plastic glued together some no bigger than the head of a pin. "Luteus Vexant" is the name I chose for the Warlord It in Latin means "Dirty Harry." The Titan has a full interior with five levels completely furnished and manned with a crew. I am still in the process of wiring the lighting and it needs more paint.

http://i.imgur.com/NgEqa30.jpg

Good lord. So here is my thoughts on this, just make a cosplay costume of this beast and hop up on the table. Live action table top gaming, its the way of the future.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Luteus Vexant is magnificent!

I watched your thread building him from the start. I don't think the forgeworld one will be to scale, I think it will be smaller. Just my speculation.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

All the while I was building Lucius the consensus predominated that it was too small. Now FW appears to be offering an even smaller Warlord i.e. 20 to 24 inches is the current speculation. Warlord Lite?

Nickeled and Dimed:

Another FW tease displaying tantalizing bitz and pieces of the forthcoming Warlord titan. No Hollywood starlet ever received better hype regardless of the size of her guns.

You can tell by the painted areas that the titan is ready for display and FW is just milking this for all it's worth.

Meanwhile since I already have a titan of sorts I can use these images to enhance the detail on my own construct...

So there FW eat your hearts out; yours is only an attenuated Mars pattern also ran. Ha!

Whom I kidding I've already mortgaged the abode to get one of these.

Hmmm i have access to 3d printers and i'm pretty handy on both CAD and inventor, this thread may of just lost me ALOT of time lol.

NOTE!

FW is coming out with a new Warlord titan and they are nickel and dime-ing us in debuting the model. As I find bitz of their production model I am posting the images but realize this is the FW's model not mine; as far as I know the model has not been released for retail sale.

The head came out today in the FW bulletin; so it looks like a breach birth....... Head and Leg is presented so far.

I'm pleased with the overall shape of the head but the size is a concern. Obviously there must be a 3 man cockpit crew so it has to be bigger than the Reaver head. The 'Face' is long rather than squat like the Reaver so I see a lot of the Dave Smith version and my own. In the FW tradition the cockpit helmet comes off to reveal the interior; I guess it's just a case of wait and see how the sizes compare. FW is sticking with the ball gimbal neck so the head won't be movable; that's disappointing but can be circumvented.
    Last edited by Blackadder; 05-12-2015 at 08:02 AM.

I might be confused but are you sculpting/creating this monstrosity or simply painting and assembling? If your sculpting slash creating I think I just shit my pants but if it's painting....well I still gotta change my pants.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

These are teaser shots by forgeworld Digga as BA has remortgaged part of his property to get one ! I wonder if BA plans to make lucius plates to fit on this one or just make it poseable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    I might be confused but are you sculpting/creating this monstrosity or simply painting and assembling? If your sculpting slash creating I think I just shit my pants but if it's painting....well I still gotta change my pants.
    Sorry, I should have made this plainer; FW is coming out with a new Warlord titan and they are nickel and dime-ing us in debuting the model. As I find bitz of their production model I am posting the images but realize this is the FW's model not mine; as far as I know the model has not been released for retail sale.

AHHHHHH I got ya now. None the less that thing is insane.
    ." -Me-

Meh!

I have to say after all the hype the debut poster is rather uninspired:

The painting is pretty mediocre and the model looks like all the recent gangling Mars kniggets that FW has been offering.

What a disappointment...............