Blackadders Fully Articulated Warlord Titan - Page 39
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Blackadders Fully Articulated Warlord Titan

A real image in the flesh, er, resin...........

albeit with an alternate Helmet.............
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Been seeing a lot of images today, as it's a forgeworld event on. Still prefer the Lucius pattern to the old turtleback
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Please post any images you can find if you have the time...........
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Sorry BA my twitter feed won't let me go back far enough to get the pictures for you

Have just found this blogspot with a lot of pictures http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.co.uk/ hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Have just found this blogspot with a lot of pictures http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.co.uk/ hope this helps
    Great, thanks a lot. I notice the back view shows a veranda no doubt for dining alfresco.

No problem. Yes was unsure on the purpose of that veranda ! The small sentry guns was interesting

Segmentum Solar Terra Northern Hemisphere

your design = oldschool
    oldschool = the best

edit: don't stop working on the beast!
    you found a spelling error up there? you may keep it for your collection!

My Two Cents:

There's nothing wrong with buying models, I've bought many in my time but the cost of models and resin models in particular has skyrocketed over the past few years and something must be done (at least in my case 'cause my kids gotta eat....) to offset the dollar drain. I offered an alternative and try to show what can be done when your budget won't allow dumping thousands of hard earned dollars on miniatures. A good case in point are the incredible Russian 40K forums that specialize in paper craft; producing high quality FW models out of paper. I learned a lot from joining those sites and believe me many of the artists there would put any one of us to shame with their skill at reproducing models indistinguishable for the resin originals. Now FW has offered what I consider a pretty mediocre $2000 dollar Warlord capitalizing on their name and rep. The model is nothing more than an undersized up scaled 'Knight' titan with very little innovation and imagination in it's execution and presentation (cripes couldn't they show it as a side by side with a Reaver and Warhound???? They wouldn't dare because it's too small!!! A minimum of 26 inches by their own formula is the requisite size for a Warlord and theirs computes 3 inches deficient.......). I'm thankful that I built my own Warlord but had they offered a reasonable production Mars Warlord uncompromised in size and grandeur I would have had my order in already.

E.L.M.E.R. Gantry:

I've been thinking of making a base for my titans ever since I built them instead putting them on a shelf. I was walking past a neighbor's house the other day and they were throwing out one of those cheap plastic shelf units and there it was, the perfect setting for my titans with room enough for three.

http://i.imgur.com/XXzuZ9F.jpg

The unit is tall enough to accommodate the Warlord with swing away arms overhead cranes and with a few girders, and staircases, safety rails, and intermediate maintenance platforms this could make the ideal display stand /display case.

http://i.imgur.com/XUz53ZD.jpg

With lighting, maintenance vehicles, and personnel this could be quite a focal point in my den.
    http://i.imgur.com/v1LCohL.jpg

Now I need a group of descriptive words for the acronym E.L.M.E.R.

Any ideas?

Got it:

EXTRAVEHICULAR LEGIOS MECHANICUS EVALUATION & REPAIR Gantry

Thanks for all the suggestions, I got the two 'E's '&'

Thanks for all your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagoc The Ancient View Post
    BlackAdder, found something on Natfka you might be interested in.
    http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05...sons-from.html

Finally a comparison shot and thank you. It's what I have always thought since first seeing the new titan (and pretty much the mistake I made when I did a concept study of my Warlord in scrap plastic paneling):

Written 2010/8/16 when I had just started my Lucius Warlord...........

Whew, were has the summer gone? I had hopes of rendering the basic structure and working on the detail this winter but no such luck plus there are serious errors in scale comparing the the body to the legs and waist. Just to prove the Blackadder is as fallible as they come here is my effort thus far ridiculously out of proportion. The legs are easily 2 to 4 inches too short and the model as it stands is only 19 inches tall. By adding 4 inches to the legs and topping the carapace with the void shield generator housings that should bring it to the goal height of 28 inches.

The difference is I recognized my mistake; it looks like FW studied it and copied it, Ha!.

When I build this ( The FW Warlord) I shall lengthen the legs at least 3 inches..........

E.L.M.E.R. Gantry:

I took a week of to arrange my work area as things were getting pretty messy with all the projects going at once and I was rapidly running out of work space.

I did manage to cut out the intermediate deck of the E.L.M.E.R. Gantry (EXTRAVEHICULAR LEGIOS MECHANICUS EVALUATION & REPAIR Gantry) to receive the fully assembled Warlord; the gantry takes up all my paint work table space and hopefully when finished will provide both a display diorama fitting for such a construct plus a safe container to house the model in in one piece rather than separate the hull from the legs to prevent toppling as I do now.

http://i.imgur.com/atyfd1n.jpg

Something seems wrong with the focus on my camera but in the images presented ther is the new beginning of the command deck hologram tactical display plus a Space Marine for scale.

http://i.imgur.com/zaIi3OR.jpg

Great way to protect and display this beast BA

Ever since I saw SM Invictus and perhaps even before I wanted to place this titan in a overhaul environment. When not on a battleboard it seemed the proper place to be. On of my neighbors was discarding the shelf unit you see and I had nothing to lose trying to adapt it for a display.

Once decked out in rail cranes and support personnel and vehicles it should make for a dandy diorama.

My plaintive request for sources of 28 MM scale maintenance personnel has fallen on deaf ears I'm afraid so I may just have to fabricate my own; perhaps they just don't exist.
    Last edited by Blackadder; 06-05-2015 at 06:40 PM.

You may be able to convert a lot of the new Mechanicum models, as these would be the main guys to work on it

I checked out the 'mechanicum' figures and don't see any that would fit my purposes. I'm trying to append Cadians to double as maintenance personnel as they are the most human looking of the 28 MM figures.

And everyone knows mechanics are the most human looking, right?

(Just so you know I'm not casting aspersions on mechanics, I've been one all my adult life.)

Some Thoughts on My Warlord Titan Hangar:

The following is in answer to a post on another forum but it pretty well delineates my intentions regarding this construction:

Granted in it's initial state being fresh (Ahem; figuratively speaking) out of the recycling bin it is little more than a set of cheap plastic shelves but yes I am going to add beam mounted e.g.

four way overhead track traveling cranes with electromagnetic lifting heads (Rare earth magnets) on all four levels for moving heavy components.

and:

Plus catwalks aplenty, recessed tracks for small cranes, and hangar support vehicles, oodles of suitable pseudo-religious 40K artifacts, tech priest enclaves, and I'm hoping to find 28 MM ground maintenance personnel and a few Sentinel Heavy Lifters to dress up the hangar.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.............

Don't forget, my Lucius Warlord was once just so many styrene sheets and recycled bottlecaps... Ha!

My goal is to make a stable display stand/diorama for my titan to be stored in when not in play as while it does have the capability of standing unaided for days on end it has toppled over on occasion incurring time consuming repairs. I'd prefer not to have to be continually rebuilding it. Plus this will make a handy storage/display area for my other two titans as well.

An Interesting Image:

Found this comparison image on the internet and superimposed the skulls which are virtually the same size.

One might extrapolate based on this image that the Lucius Warlord stands taller than the Mars by a considerable amount.

Interesting they've used lucius pattern weapons head and feet on an old mars pattern chasis. the epic models are considerably smaller, as long as your happy that's the main thing