AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 235
Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 4,681 to 4,694 of 4694

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Been a deeply pleasant Christmas not! Hospital (thankfully briefly) with Covid, very scary. The rest of the family all had it as well. And my dad’s friend of twenty years passed away from it as well. All in all a shity time! Truly things can only get better! So not much energy or inclination to pick up a brush for a while. However I have started painting with my son him doing his watercolours and me a miniature. Trying to keep his mind on more pleasant things. Tbh me too!

so after all that horrible intro here’s what I’ve done so far on gutrot spume. I have nothing but admiration for sprocket for painting this as it is the most intricate mini I think I’ve ever attempted. It’s beautiful in a highly gruesome way.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Sorry to hear you've had so much to deal with man. Glad you're maybe coming through the other side. Just had a quick look at this thread and wow! That last dude you painted for the competition that didn't happen is incredible. I'm sure this one will be too. I'm brand new to painting, and the site, and I'm just constantly surprised and blown away by the skill and talent that's out there. I aspire to be even half as good as the stuff you've produced. I don't vote on minis here yet as im really nowhere near good enough to start critiquing and criticising others but I can at least recognise when something is exceptional. I keep running into miniature painters that somehow manage to both inspire me and make me want to give up at the same time

Wow. Welcome back Andy. Glad to hear you are on the mend. This gives me some needed perspective on the 'Vid. I've been pissed that it has kept from working for close to a year now, at least I have my health, as they say.

WIP: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ramblings-spot
    Blog: http://blog.coolminiornot.com/blog.p...6-Flaming-Tiki
    “A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
    Leonardo da Vinci

Sad news man... I'm glad you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Mini looks amazing as always.

I'm glad you are on the mend, and I'm sorry about your dad's loss. I'm happy you can spend time with your son and paint.
    The mini is looking great, keep it up!

Cheers all very nice to hear kind words! Been at it a bit more and hopefully the pictures aren’t sideways this time.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

That sucks, glad to hear you are doing better though. Sorry to hear that your father lost a close friend. Doesn't look like you lost any of your "awesome" in painting skills

The pictures maybe the right way but what gives with the dinning room table? I demand bathroom updates!!

Moved houses and the bathroom is to small to paint in!

Gutrot spume is finished. Very pleased with him.
    Here be my ranking=

What!!! Well that’s just piss poor planning on the house buying front, excellent light in the bathroom should be up there with ‘will it fit my furniture?

despite this major handicap Gutrot has turned out very nice indeed. Glad you’re back on it mate

Just a home run swing followed by a bowling strike ,followed by a hole in one drive , followed by a Kentucky derby/preekness win!!!!

This is a great looking piece Andy, love all the materials you've textured.

Damn, last I checked your WIP you were getting about done with Death Dealer. You have painted some really gorgeous pieces of art since then. I have been drooling looking at all the textures and details.

Sorry to hear about all the COVID issues. Hoping the hobby helps distract from some of the real world crap.

-Mike