AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 97
Page 97 of 229 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Conan the Barbarian has been airing on Stars lately-a US network. Was on twice last night and I watched it both times. Movie was waaay ahead of its time and I forgot how much adult content it contained. Mom let me watch that as a boy????!!!! WTF Mom???!!!

Skin is lovely lovely lovely. First, I have to tire you by asking for your recipe and a mini SBS. It's just such a nice look would be a shame if you monopolized it.

Second, and this is likely because you are so early in your process, but his left knee area needs some cleaning up. But like I said it's very much a WIP. M

Good onya.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Yeah, that first conan is very underrated. I also watched it again recently and was amazed how good it actually is.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Right Im always trying to improve my painting and flesh is something I feel needs a lot of thought and work. This is because subconsciously we all know what flesh looks like as we look at it all the time. So I've been looking at those boring paintings you used to get at school were the art teacher went yacking on about the colours tones contrast BOOOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGG ....er ..not! Wow looking at oil and watercolour paintings of big fat ladies etc and wow the colours in the shadows loads of cool green or hot reds and purples blues and yellows you just don't notice it until you really look! I was watching the weather report on the news and hit the pause my wife thought I was nuts but the bloke giving the report had loads of blue and green in his skin had to stop and look at it. I've just realized that to really paint well there's like this whole new layer of difficulty opening up before me to really get it right. As Mike said to really concentrate!!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Right Im always trying to improve my painting and flesh is something I feel needs a lot of thought and work. This is because subconsciously we all know what flesh looks like as we look at it all the time. So I've been looking at those boring paintings you used to get at school were the art teacher went yacking on about the colours tones contrast BOOOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGG ....er ..not! Wow looking at oil and watercolour paintings of big fat ladies etc and wow the colours in the shadows loads of cool green or hot reds and purples blues and yellows you just don't notice it until you really look! I was watching the weather report on the news and hit the pause my wife thought I was nuts but the bloke giving the report had loads of blue and green in his skin had to stop and look at it. I've just realized that to really paint well there's like this whole new layer of difficulty opening up before me to really get it right. As Mike said to really concentrate!!
    Too true. Everytime I figure something out it opens the door to a bunch of other things. I can't even imagine what mini painting will be like in the next 10 years.

Not sure if you watch much television but there was a series called "The Killing" that had the BEST shots of light. Really great scenery, and faces. The first two seasons were good the last two just okay but the characters were good enough to keep it interesting, but just great shadows everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Yeah, that first conan is very underrated. I also watched it again recently and was amazed how good it actually is.
    The Arnold one? Yes that is quite good.

Waaaayyyyyyy better then the new one. That was appalingly rubbish.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

It was an absolute shower of sh*t! It comes to a pretty pass when Arnold showed a fuller range of emotion and pathos than the entire cast of the new film combined. But anyway he'll be back in king conan next year! Can't wait for it! Anyway a bit more done on the flesh lots of glazing with red and green and blues.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

he's looking great Andy. the glazes really bring the skin to life. New Conan was dire. Costume, acting, set design, weapon design, everything. Not one redeeming factor. Conan the musical on the other hand........

Nice and brooding! Good stuff.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Lovely skin tones Andy, there's a few places to clean up but otherwise he's looking super! You're getting not bad at this painting lark

Love the skin mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

First where did you get the skin. Second how did you glue it on the mini in such precise detail.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

^^^Goofball!!!

This revelation you had with all of the colors present in skin reminds me of a book I read long ago where this young boy starts seeing things with the artist's eye and it completely changes things for him. He becomes a famous painter eventually...anyway, it is in moments like this that we have our greatest improvements.

Agree that new Conan sucks compared to Arnold Conan. The new Conan is played by Kal Drogo from Game of Thrones. He is a badass so it is too bad that the script let him down.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

HI Andy I like the skin so far, I would put some more work into the knees since I think the transition to the dark area actually looks to sharp in some places. also in the top I would try to make less dark on parts of the breast/chest and get some intermediate red tone into the skin there. at least for me it is a too big black area on the lower part of the breast. arrrghh I really need too look up anatomy lesson in English so hard to explain when you don't have the correct words

Keep up the good work and looking forward too your next picture, btw my comment above might be because your pictures are so big so in reality it might look strange to make changes that I see.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Someone mentioned the killing as a good series above just want to point you all to a very good Swedish/Danish production that Is fantastic. If you get the chance I would recommend you to see it. It is called "Bron" (Bridge in English)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/?ref_=nv_sr_1

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Love the skin!
    What colours are you using? (Sorry if you already posted your recipe, couldn't find it )

Blog Entries

Prom Prom Prom Prom:

Seriously, top ten movies of all time.

Name:  Arnold_King_Conan.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  12.7 KB

^^Demi this is why I mentioned Conan in the first place. I was imagining this scene. He just sits there like a total bad ass while the words come across that "Conan continued his adventures effing stuff up around the world until one day he was all like, 'Eff this S, I should be a King too!'" So cool....I've now watched it three times in a week. I just didn't realize what a jewel they were.

Also didn't realize that the Hyborean Age is meant to be an era before recorded history. Conan is actually an Irishman.
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 10-25-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Ok yeah skin the recipe is back somewhere in the wip but here goes

base coat 50/50 mix talarn flesh and dark flesh
    wash of black/dark flesh/scorched brown
    reapply first layer (not recesses) talarn flesh/dwarf flesh/dark flesh
    second layer same but more dwarf flesh
    third pure dwarf flesh
    fourth dwarf flesh/light grey/bleached bone
    Fifth same more bleached bone
    sixth pure bleached bone
    seventh bleached bone/white
    eight white

glaze red into the mid section of volumised flesh ie cheeks large muscles
    glaze dark sea green into the shadows also a bit of regal blue v thinned

bit more done
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Here be my ranking=

Blog Entries

Looking incredible sir. Your best skin tones yet!

Very impressive skin.