AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 211
Page 211 of 229 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Lovely piece, Cthullu skull is a massive improvement on what was already a nice piece of freehand...well thought out decision to change this late on.

Agree with the engraved lettering thoughts though, if you have time to add this.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Damn fine idea to paraphrase the immortal Bob Ross I was brave and got rid of the skull. It was good but it was off center and it was just bugging me no end. VERY happy with the replacement Cthulhu skull. I will listen to you again Sicks!!

Time patience practice and a mini that you enjoy painting is all it takes. Also doing stuff you haven’t tried before otherwise you don’t progress.
    I just planted a seed, you're the one who pulled an awesome freehand out of it, kudos for having the bravery to get rid of what already looked awesome and more kudos for making it even better this time round too

Yes it was a brave move to paint over , paid off imo
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I must say this really impressed me that you eliminated some beautiful freehand and came up with a replacement that took this mini to another level. Very very cool.

Well that was a chore undercutting all the symbols but yes it was worth it. I went in and finished a few bits and bats and tidied up some scratches etc and I’m done!

Ready for Salute next week, I must say this has been a sheer joy to paint. I strongly recommend getting this bust.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

That effort really paid off!! Looks great!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

the finished thing is superb, well done, good luck at salute.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Awesome work Andy... an overall outstanding job, good luck at Salute mate, this piece is definately going to turn heads!!!

Was wondering what everyone was talking about. Punting over the hr gieger Pauldron. Now that I’ve seen what actually was done- you have not only a huuuge amount of confidence and the BIGGEST BRASS PAIR OF CALSTANJOS (culljones) that god has ever graciously given to anybody.

Awesome work Andy!! Loving the skin, loving the NMM gold, loving the freehand, and specially over all I like his gaze and the mood you gave the whole bust, you nailed it. Good luck at salute!!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Love the new Cthulhu skull, this piece is looking fantastic.

Whoa, really love the change to add the Chuthlu skull. And the all the symbols on the gold look awesome. I really like you're vision on this bust. Inspiring.
    pax et bonum

Quality!!!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Well after the deeply disappointing shambles that was Salute (an experience that I shall not be repeating) I am preparing for golden demon with a squad of chaos lords. I have Slambo the spear chaos lord and a nurgle lord all painted up so Sigvald is being painted. I’ve got the face mostly done.
    Last edited by AndyG; 04-17-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

I can fully understand your frustration Andy.
    Bad organisation and carelessness, shouldn’t be acceptable.

It’s the same level of frustration I felt about Golden Deamon when entries were being shown on the display screen when the painter was still stood beside me handing the damn figure in, add to that issue, that certain “celebrity” painters were given trips around the studio and given “suggestions” on their figures.
    Hence why 2010 was the last GD I’ll attend.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I like the start of Sigvald as it looks like you've captured his contemptuous sneer pretty. Sorry to hear about Salute - it sucks when these things happen.
    pax et bonum

i don't know what happened at solute, but sorry to hear you had a bad time.

This new model is looking very good. loads of character in the face. nice job
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Well I will let it pass me by now.

Any way I am enjoying this mini though after painting a lot of the new GW minis it’s so small! Started on the gold armour and glazed it with a bit of purple I hope slaanesh would approve
    Here be my ranking=

I've painted him twice now and the mini seems to get smaller and smaller !
    Looking great so far mate, still reckon you could get the stomach plate edges even sharper.

I've heard mixed feelings about salute, i think every painter has had a bad experience in all the events from time to time.
    Won't even mention the green sticker incident from GD a few years ago !!

Dont worry i wont mention the green sticker moment.....oh sh*t I just did.

Ive done a bit more
    Here be my ranking=