AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 81
Page 81 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    All of them or a specific bit? By the way it's a bit shiny from the light and the shaded regions aren't so blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Wrong colours Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    Coolio to see an update here I dig it!

Now here we talking constructive criticism lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    Sorry DR but I disagree. I really like the colour palette Andy. I think it really helps to illustrate the character's inhuman nature.
    One, I'm an evil git;
    Two, I know Andy well enough for each other to "Take the Rip";
    Three, I'm a Capricorn;
    Four, Capricorn's are Golden!

AND I'm delighted to see Andy go at a bust, seeing how well he does at 28mm scale figures he should be able to SHINE with a bust.
    One thing Andy you said you're aiming to do a Historical bust for Euro........Don't forget that the historical Categories are Hyper Detail Accurate in the judging requirements and I do mean Hyper Accurate.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Looks good but when are you going to glue on the rest of him?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    One, I'm an evil git;
    Two, I know Andy well enough for each other to "Take the Rip";
    Three, I'm a Capricorn;
    Four, Capricorn's are Golden!

AND I'm delighted to see Andy go at a bust, seeing how well he does at 28mm scale figures he should be able to SHINE with a bust.
    One thing Andy you said you're aiming to do a Historical bust for Euro........Don't forget that the historical Categories are Hyper Detail Accurate in the judging requirements and I do mean Hyper Accurate.
    You need to put a disclaimer on your humour mate your very dry; that's twice you've completely got me in the last two weeks!

yep im im going to do my best on the historical it's a large bust and hyper detailed. I may actually have to go ugh errrrr ummm TMM phew said it. It's a new thought but you only improve by trying new things (even evil ones like TMM)
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Yup. If it's historical you absolutely should go TMM. I'm interested to see your results brother. Oh and DR gets me every now and again too. I thought maybe it was just good old fashioned dry British humor but apparently not. We love you DR.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Nice bust the only other one of these I ever saw was done by Meph, his was red tho . By the way did you ever do anything more on the "old one", just your threads that big and I've been away a while didn't fancy wading through it mushty .......even tho the works epic ..cough Lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

I didn't think Euro was so into rivet counting in historical. I thought it was just about the painting and not the accuracy? I know IPMS is all about accuracy but it would be a shame if Euro is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    You need to put a disclaimer on your humour mate your very dry; that's twice you've completely got me in the last two weeks!
    Mwahahahahahahaha......and my work here is done!
    (Here's a hint; if it's a short comment take it with a pinch of salt....……… sometimes). Oh and third times the charm
    Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
    I didn't think Euro was so into rivet counting in historical. I thought it was just about the painting and not the accuracy? I know IPMS is all about accuracy but it would be a shame if Euro is as well.
    Euro's more about accuracy in details, rather than pure rivet counting.
    For example talking to one of the judges about busts a couple of years ago we were discussing the "Lucky Jack" Russell Crow bust and some one had painted it with a pristine white shirt, while his was slightly Offwhite/Cream as natural linen went when not washed in modern detergents.
    It's that type of accuracy, not just pure rivet counting. (Although when it come to vehicles.....)
    Oh and it's about painting, not NMM versus TMM as far as I could see both are regarded as VALID techniques.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Where do they hold this event?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Where do they hold this event?
    Folkestone, Kent.
    This will be my fourth attendance and looking forward to it as the stuff that on show is ******* brilliant, so much eye catching! jaw dropping, drool inducing beauty in minature.
    The judging is a Standard based method, not a First past the post, so it means a great deal more to be told you've achieved X standard. SkelletS picked up Silver, AndyG and TenBall Commendeds last year.

Look up in the CMON expos forum at some of the photos from past years.
    , and proud of it.

Great job on that bust. I have the exact same one. It's a joy to paint.
    judging from your hands, it seems to be the small version?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Blog Entries

Thanks DR, I can understand that. I am planning to attend Euro sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
    Thanks DR, I can understand that. I am planning to attend Euro sometime in the near future.
    Plenty of hotels near to the venue, we've been to the same one on the sea front for the last few years but it's in need of some serious work so we've gone "Upmarket" and got a suite at The Grand Hotel. (Same Price as where we were) http://www.aerialphotographerkent.co...arge/grand.jpg

A bit Posh and a lot like an Agatha Christie Murder Mystery Hotel.
    , and proud of it.

Can't wait for euro best painting comp/shopping spree evahhhhh. Knocks GD into a cocked hat!

anyway not the best pics here but a LOT of smoothing on the skin done. will have to get some better pics irl it's lighter.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quite beautiful there, friend. You are very gifted at doing monster skin tones I have noticed. Also like the choice of
    bust. Seeing as how it is your first (that I've seen) you painted with your strength.

You promised me an epic mounted figure soon. I'm waiting....

Photos a tad dark mate, this is more how he looks in the hand - glorious skin tones!

Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  250.1 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Your painting this for me right? I'll just drop you my post number and will be waiting for delivery.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Quite beautiful there, friend. You are very gifted at doing monster skin tones I have noticed. Also like the choice of
    bust. Seeing as how it is your first (that I've seen) you painted with your strength.

You promised me an epic mounted figure soon. I'm waiting....
    You definately make monsters come to life.

Ten you sure are a wizard with that photoshop...

I,m liking the eye glint very much.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive