AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 161
Page 161 of 229 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Idk what the judges are or aren't seeing . I'm not a pro or anything but the Thor model you did rocks...

I like the Thor, but being very critic I would say glaze some color variations into skin and perhaps variation into the golden shadow with different glazes top give some extra life, I do believe that the gold looks great and a picture is not the same thing as seeing it in reality. It looks very good.

Hope to see some of your stuff in real life sometime.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

I absolutely love Thor. The colours are great and I really like the cloak. Looking at the pictures again I'd say the metal would benifit slightly from some spot hightlights just to make it shine a wee bit more but that's a very minor critique on a superb model. Great to meet you Saturday thanks for the pointers and congrats on the finalist pins

What do you think of upping the lights on the gold and deepening the shadows too? and warming it up a bit?
    Do not know what else to say because I think it's a great work of yours.... ;(

Also that "barrow downs" base is really cool... just add some Symbelminë to it and you have a perfect LOTR base. ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Yes to all the advice I will post up the changes over the next few days. In the mean time I've started on the skeleton. A different take than I normally do after a chat with stef I'm putting more colours in there. Gone for a green mouldy look on the skull like he's been sitting in a dank tomb for centuries.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

That is a very nice skeleton do you know who the manufacturer is? The depth in the skull is great btw

I look forward to seeing Thor 0.2 Andy. Love the start you've got on the bone, it looks ancient

That skeleton looks awesome already. I definitely like the green tinge to the skull. You could go for some weathering effects to further the look (cobwebs, dirt, whatnot). He's going to look awesome clambering up out of the barrow!
    I, too, can't wait to see your efforts on Thor. It really is an awesome paintjob already, but you seem very motivated to put it into a new level.

Great mini mate, and I spy a Stefan style paint job on the way!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Great mini mate, and I spy a Stefan style paint job on the way!
    yeah, it looks like Stefan had a strong influence on your direction. I love this.

As always Andy really nice paintjobs lately.

A few comments on Thor.
    The gold is a little flat. There is a lot of filigree detail on there that would catch the light even in the areas where you have painted shadows/dark reflections. Certainly some close to white sparkles around would improve it. From what I can see his hair and beard appear shinier than a lot of the gold work. Something I have noticed on many of your pieces is that the NMM works well from certain angles (the ones you photo) but there a tell tale signs in the photos that it doesn't work so well from other angles. On Thor in particular the bicep band and wrist bands suggest this. The knee pads also look to work well from the side but not so well from above and the front. More reflections and hot spots and as others have said some yellow/brown tinted reflections of the colours around him and in his clothing and perhaps some lesser lights reflecting to light up some of the other angles would improve it.
    I think the colours for his hair are a little too close to the colours used for the gold. Perhaps a little less saturation in the hair would separate the two better.
    Also to my colour of the moss and grass on the base (along with the wood and gold lettering) create a bit of a disconnect between the base and the figure. The Rock echos the trousers and tabard thingy in your colour choices but the Plinth and the moss and grass are too far removed from the colours on the figure. Perhaps some light brown tufts a much less saturated more brown than green for the moss would tie in better.

Great base, the skelly is also very good.

Offering much on Thor is beyond me. I do agree with most of what has been said here when they point it out, but that's all I got.

Andy
    the freehand on Thors skirt needs contrast, it looks kind is stuck on. It also does not have any highs or shades.

And while were at it, the blue tak the skeles stuck in to looks just like the chernobyl 'elephant's foot'

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  132.1 KBName:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  113.5 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Creepy!

i have been doing some more super rusted and mouldy.
    i have also been spending some time upping the contrast on Thor slow work!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Thor's looking better, and great work adapting to a new style on the skele
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Skeleton is looking great. I love that blue-green color you're using for the tunic. It looks perfect with the intense rust you're doing (pigments?).
    I agree that Thor is looking more impressive already. That knot-work on the belt buckle looks great and provides a second point of focus from that 'main' viewing angle. I do agree that (at least based on the WIP photos) you could stand to differentiate the colors of the beard from the armor more dramatically. Great work!

Nah ST it's just paint brown and orange. Right I've finished the skeleton really loved doing this mini b far he best sculpted skeleton I've ever come across. I'm going to concentrate on Thor for the next few days and get him done. Here's some pics of skelly.
    Here be my ranking=

It hasn't got the technical wow-factor of your big competition showpieces, but I really love that skeleton. Did you go TMM on that shield?