AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 154
Page 154 of 229 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

I love the whale - a cool model, and your highlights look fantastic even for a first pass.

Bit of work done on the jaw and some more first pass on arm and body. I'm going to do the whole thing and then glaze and detail. Love the mini well I say mini but the block he has one foot on normally works for a standard 28mm its bloody huge!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Very cool Andy. I am impressed how you top guys can focus on one area at a time and yet the quality stays consistent across the whole piece. Well done.

Still in love with this one.
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Nice blending, like the contrast of the chest. Can't wait to see him finished.

bloody hell man that's looking fantastic!
    i'd make you a sandwitch, but cannibalism is illegal in my country.
    WIP thread

Not keen on the figure, but love the paint work.
    Great work Andy.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Gorgeous blue tones, not a big fan of the sculpt but huge fan of you work. You do make it seem
    effortless.

Another week another bloody cold! That's four colds in the last couple of months it's pissing me off no end its cutting into my painting time. I blame those germ ridden students filthy things they are!

Anyway a bit more done. Off to Ireland tomorrow so no more for a few days.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Really nice, how will you choose what other colours to add to balance out the blue? And do you change your technique when working on larger scales like this?

Yep im looking forward to seeing some contrasting colours.
    You being dragged to irland mate or going of your own free will ?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Yep reds and purples for contrasting colours also some spot colour pinks. Nope don't change nothing painting big it just becomes a bit more laborious.

Ireland is a sunny carefree capital of good cheer and fine wines excellent quisine and sultry women...excuse me just getting interrupted here phone ringing( ......what?....no fine wines?...hairy banshee like women? ........sub zero temperatures.....raw potatoe and Guinness the only sustenance?..)

FECK!
    Here be my ranking=

Regarding your style, my friend, I would say that your use of mostly fantasy subjects, choice of NMM, and use of saturated colors would place you squarely as a high chroma, high contrast painter similar in style and approach to Glazed One or Glazed Over...whatever his name is.

I will say that one thing some of my favorite 2d oil painters say about beginners is that we always go too bright and saturated with our colors. I have been advised to always take a gray-er version of the color I initially intended to use. This doesn't always mean gray, but desaturated in some way. I've actually recently just added the compliment of any given color to dull it down. While your fantasy style suits you and is perfectly lovely, you mentioned wanting to challenge yourself. I reccomend painting a figure with a very dull pallet. Artists of a variety of media do this, even in fantasy, such as Bonner, Frank Frazetta, etc...

Another way to push it to the next level for you...I reccommended this to BaM because of his painting speed, but the way you are knocking them out you could also pull it off: Make a huge battle scene or diorama with multiple models. Think of Jarhead's epic tiranid/SM scene, but not painted en mass like he did and not quite of that proportion. If you really want to leave your mark on the mini painting community, you need a dio of epic proportions. You have the skill, speed, and dedication to pull it off.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Dang, those blues are gorgeous *.* The mini is bizarre, so I'm a fan. Have you already said where he's from?

getting the blues! have fun on ireland mate

Take care on that travel! I love those blues, remind me that kind of space marine bust that you paint a month or so ago but overall what I like the most is the way you put your highlights and shadows so they further improve the "3D" overall impression.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Oh it's been a while since I posted anything which is unusual for me but by heck I've been ill got a cold in Ireland ( no surprise there eh?). Then as soon as I got rid of that got back and immediately got flu actual real flu not man flu as my wife the ever sympathetic person that she is insisted I had but flat on your back off work just ill flu! So very little painting done at all on the big lad but just restarted him. I very much wanted to finish this for salute but with e best part of a month out of action it's going to be very tight. Anyway some pics of the small amount done since last time.
    Here be my ranking=

I got real flu once and it is awful. I thought I was dying and I'm someone that doesn't do manful and the rest of that crap that others bleat on about - feel your pain mate.
    Moving on though, this is looking fantastic, love your style and how a figure I would dream of buying is looking so fascinating.

damn man that's looking mighty fine

Ive taught you well

oh, as for the flu ive told you what to do - get rid of the kids (plague spreading vermin the lot of em)
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Great work Andy, hope you feel better soon, there has been something bothering me with this figure and I finally spotted what it is the dorsal fin on his back looks more like a shark than a whale overall I love the sculpt on this just was throwing me off
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk