AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 32
Page 32 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Blog Entries

That is looking pretty awesome sir.

I have to say this one should score into the high 9's Andy i havent seen nmm like this in a long time , in fact its very very reminiscent of Masterbenzs work. Might i also say you have just the right balance of gold too, epic stuff.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

That's very good of you to say so Cassar though I have to be honest the reason that this is some of my best nmm is in fact because it is not really my own idea.

It would not be fair in the slightest if I did not site flameon's version of this mini as an inspiration and a very firm guide in colour choice and light placement. The gold is almost entirely copied from his version and while I have gone for my own much shinier version of the black armour still a lot of the light placement uses his work as a reference. I will be sure to use a different spot colour for the jewels eyes etc and do different material and insignia work to give the piece it's own uniqueness; also I have some very different ideas for the base (as long as my ability doesn't let me down!)

I think it is important to mention all this as it is lacking in respect I feel to pass off as your own idea the excellent work of another and I sincerely hope he is pleased rather than annoyed that I want to work so closely to his original.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Great work Andy

i think taking inspiration from things around you, cmon or other interweb places is a natural and proper thing to do. It's one of the ways we learn to be better painters. I'm positive he'd be proud his work has inspired you.

Yep I would be proud to see someone using one of my minis as inspiration.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Glad you think like that Andy cos im gonna be ripping your technique off for "Dave" Lol especially the gold for the Iron halo
    On a serious note taking inspirations one thing, copying is another, being able to achieve the effect you have is neither, it takes skill to paint like that no matter what way you look at it, so dont put yourself down.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

a little bit of an update done more work on the gold happy with it all appart from the spine of the sword which needs a lot more work
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

So overall not bad and I say that because at first glance it's a holy cow. Then when I look at it longer then a few seconds its rough on the nnm. You did a great job with the contrast but as you start to get to the extreme highlight their is a lack of smoothness. I would suggest a couple of glazes to bring it all in and it will look smoother then my ex's rear end.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

the gold on the spine just refused to work so as a stop gap for the mo back to black!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Here be my ranking=

I kind of like the blade without the gold. Wait, a nice paint job like that and you have time to play Art Director for 10?! Mutli talented there, sir.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I like the black a lot too... brings the mini together more for me. Top stuff with the shine on the armour, you've really nailed it.

Good god man Squidders! How you doing mate? Long time no hear from you. Glad you like the mini I'm struggling with the sword a bit and I think I might redo the edges but yeah it's a beauty to paint.

Are you going to Euro millitaire this year? Lee's making it down this year along with mike and John I'm sure. It would be good to see you there.
    Here be my ranking=

I can certainly see me doing Euro this year, yeah.

i'm doing ok thanks, life has been a bit up and down, I have sold most of my purchased or commissioned collection bar a few that i'm now keeping. I think that made me a bit off minis, like how losing both legs might make you a bit off jogging.

Easing back into it though with a few small commissions, nowhere near the value of the previous minis though, i'm going to be keeping it small-time.

How have you been? I'm glad you're still around and painting so well.

All good this side mate my son keeps me up most nights so the painting has slowed down but I still get some done. Glad to hear your getting back into the hobby. If you want something painting and your willing to put up with my level of painting I'd be happy to do it for you at cost mate.
    Last edited by AndyG; 06-23-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Here be my ranking=

Put up with your level of painting? You're selling yourself very short my friend. I still look at The Crow you gave me all the time, it's very safely installed in my cabinet and will continue to be so.

Glad you liked it mate it was a lively mini to paint. Can't see you with a reduced collection if you have something you want painting post it down to me and I will happily do it for you for a coffe at euro.
    Here be my ranking=

LOL - you are way too generous... I'll gladly take you up on it though but can't just give you a coffee at Euro... i'll have a think about some minis and you can pick one you fancy having a go at and we can work out some form of payment?

What ever suits mate send something down and I'll paint it straight after this one. Sort something out uh o uh err an unpainted mini and a coffee?
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    What ever suits mate send something down and I'll paint it straight after this one. Sort something out uh o uh err an unpainted mini and a coffee?
    Hmmmn Mini's, Conversations and Coffee. Convention civilisation at its finest.
    I've been building up my Costa "Frequent Flyer" card for this.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Be good to seeya there mate. Chew the fat and see the best minis in the world gotta be a good one in anyones book.
    Here be my ranking=