AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 82
Page 82 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4542

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Blog Entries

Oh wow, I love how the skin turned out. The pink veins really work now. and I love the darker shadows.

Wow thanks nice comments there! BFK I've got one primed but I've got to get another bust done first. Started the horns got to some more work on it yet but the main colours are done highlite work and glazing to go on them yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

looking really good sir.

Cheers Mike! It's yours next. Really loved doing this bust my heart is with 30mm but it's been a blast doing something this big. Nice to get out of the normal painting and try something new really gets the juices flowing. Any way on to he final stretch just a bit of tweaking and done, very pleased with him indeed for a first attempt at a proper sized bust.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Impressive as always Andy. Skin tones are very ice (is that a tide ring spot on his right shoulder though just under the vein). The NMM gold looks good to even at the larger scale.

Cheers stewsayer yes and no I deliberately spotted little imperfections over the skin and for sone weird reason this is the only one the camera picked up and then super exaggerated it! Will take some proper pics tomorrow.
    Here be my ranking=

Outstanding AndyG, yet another fun project, thanks for letting us all see your progress, very inspirational.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Great stuff. Skin, eye's, horns, gold, yep love all of it

Now that you've almost completed your first bust, w hat are your thoughts on them? Personally, I appreciate them as art but I can't see myself doing one.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

As something different to break up your painting and to do something new they're great. Like you said they're more arty than minis IMHO but I really enjoyed it and it made me up my game with the glazing so all good!
    Here be my ranking=

In the symbols on the horns I reckon you could go even lighter in the very centres of the red to really get a glow (if thats the effect you want)

Be careful that they dont go too pink though.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

Very nice! I can't remember which bust you got. Can you remind me? I guess I can just wait till you start it and show it here.

It's the Achilles 1/10 scale by young miniatures. Always admired it but been too scared to paint it and balls it up. But the present bust has given me the urge
    Here be my ranking=

Blog Entries

oh yeah, that is a great bust. You should have some fun with it.

AndyG scared to paint something? Paaaalease!
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    In the symbols on the horns I reckon you could go even lighter in the very centres of the red to really get a glow (if thats the effect you want)

Be careful that they dont go too pink though.
    Maybe just a little more glowy, but not enough to distract from the eyes? And maybe a tad more shadow on the horns?

That is also a beautiful piece of wood. You must of spent a lot of time buffing it up to such a nice sheen.

Really nice bust Andy, hope to see what you do with the one Milosh sent you
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I love the sculpt of the bust! And the paintjob is just as good. Everything from the textures of the horns to the skin is great! And the gold is spot on! Brilliant stuff!
    Ars longa, vita brevis

I'm a mere hobbyist I'm not a ten ball, an Andy g a skellete a baily or any one of the top painters on this site and more importantly the world. But there is a painter whom in my honest opinion is quite easily ahead of everybody. In my perspective this may or may not be true or not. This is my honest opinion but DRAGONSREACH is an amazing artist with an accomplished gallery and anybody who freelances for white dwarf magazine gets all my respect. My point is weather we agree or disagree with weather or not the colors are wrong nor right : but more importantly if DRAGONSREACH says there is a differing of opinion with the colors used then it def needs to be looked into and open for. Another avenue. After all that's the purpose if the w I p it's an opportunity to not just show off work , but to improve and everybody can improve. There is always room . My point is to be open to advice and not just shut it down but explored . Especially if its coming from a very outstanding and EXPERIENCED ARTIST as such. Cause REMEBER guys if someone has more than 10 years or more on others it's that fact that they've been doing something(including living life) much longer than others. It's this Alone that would make me want to entertain any of the criticism coming from such an "EXPERIENCED" artist. The first thing I did when I started my w I p was to show everybody how I get certain effects on things. I was quickly brought down to reality when DRAGONSREACH passed along a tip of advice. Then and only then I began a w I p of learning instead of just showing. In the end I have created a better and much more aesthetically pleasing model. Now all I do is wait for DR to give advice and from there I test it. IMHO his advice made me a better artist than I was. On a subject matter(orks) which up till then did not think could get any better . You know what?! THEY DID. Out of everybody he's who I would listen to first and foremost.

btw to me it's greatly done ... But again I'm no where near those artists including Andy g. These guys are pros. It's just that DR has a tone of experience might be worth it to have a look into it
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 08-24-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Your not wrong mate he was one of the very first people ever to comment on my work (teclis elf from GW) and the advice was sound. He and Milosh helped me though the beginning of learning how to paint and I will be forever grateful. The same for lee and Steff and John etcetera etcetera.

He comes across as a gruff northerner but that couldn't be further from the truth he's a nice helpful guy who bends over backwards to be accomadating and generous with both time and advice. Good on yah fella
    Here be my ranking=