AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 149
Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4505

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Blog Entries

Whoa! This guy looks so good. I have seen this bust before and didn't think it was anything special, but you've really got a nice spooky scifi look going. Reminds me of Richard Corben. He's the guy that did Den on the old Heavy Metal comics.

Cheers guys I've loved doing this one messing with the chipping etc. Done some bullet scars on his shoulder pad not bothered with writing but done some sergeant stripes and based him nearly finished just name plate and a few tiny bits.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Chipping looks great i feel it should have a little more on the edges though.

Very nice work, Andy! Great work on the texture of the battle damage! If there is one thing I would re-work it is the green light-reflections. They don't look light enough. They look more like coloured spots than light to me. Actually, at least in the photos, the green "light" on the padding of the helmet below the central light is darker than the surrounding brown areas, which kind of ruins the effect. Turn the images into greyscale in a photo editing software and you can more easily see the light effect. The light is more important than the colour to sell the effect.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

sounds a good idea I wasn't overly happy with the OSL so shall do.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Newbie, please be gentle Halden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Cheers guys I've loved doing this one messing with the chipping etc. Done some bullet scars on his shoulder pad not bothered with writing but done some sergeant stripes and based him nearly finished just name plate and a few tiny bits.
    Wow that is mind blowingly beautiful

Great work indeed!!! Rust and wear are simply amazing.

Started on a little one. Need to hone my skills again on 30mm. So dwarfs of mid nor incubus (rackham confrontation) had these tucked away for years. Reminds me a lot of a line out of the weirdstone of brisingamen " the maggot folk of Ymir". Great series of books by Alan Garner by the way children's stories but written beautifully haunting Celtic mythology throughout definitely recomended for adult reading too.
    Here be my ranking=

Liking them both immensely.

(Sorry about the accidental phone call yesterday trying to contact my boss and not doing to well at it.)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Great start mate. All that blue done your head in?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Great work as usual Andy, so inspiring. Nice shout out to the book The Weirdstone of Brisingamen. Read that when I was young and loved it

Yeah great book my family used to live virtually next door to Alan Garner my Granddad was the Police Sergeant for Alderly Edge and the now demolished police station were my mums family used to live was five minutes walk from the Hall he bought. In fact my Granddad is in Moon of Gomrath as the huge copper that gets out of the tiny car (He was about 6'8'' in real life a proper country cop who could deal with drunk farmhands no problem )
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    In fact my Granddad is in Moon of Gomrath as the huge copper that gets out of the tiny car (He was about 6'8'' in real life a proper country cop who could deal with drunk farmhands no problem )
    Wow that's a great story. I haven't read the sequels, I didn't even realise there were any until I checked out the original book on Wikipedia a few years ago. The 3rd book was only released a few years ago. But anyway, that's amazing about your grandfather.

Yep he was my hero as a kid.

Anyway a bit more done
    Here be my ranking=

Love the work on the caterpillar body, the back reminds me of bacon.

Bacon, hmmmmmm.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Love the work on the caterpillar body, the back reminds me of bacon.

Bacon, hmmmmmm.
    What's your best bacon sandwich? I'll throw this out to the forum because it's important. Here's mine

five slices of smoked back bacon grilled not fried well done but not to the point of crispness.
    fresh white bread and butter not margarine.
    tomatoe sauce not brown sauce! (Don't know if you have brown sauce in the States but it's a mixture of rust floor sweepings sugar and vinegar some Brits swear by the stuff but ye gods its foul) mmmmmmmmmmmmm and then another one because one is never enough

any way way done some more on the mini really liking this one I see a squad coming on.
    Here be my ranking=

Bacon sandwich chez dazzler:

streaky bacon
    hot dry pan
    drizzle of maple syrup (not too much)
    cook until curly and crispy
    soft white roll
    Mayonnaise
    tomato
    Iceberg lettuce
    om nom nom.

You really need to switch to tmm...the nmm is way too effortless for you now and I am tired of you blowing me away with these awesome paintjobs.

...and when I make bacon it never has time to get near bread

Tut tut I like HP brown sauce!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.