AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 178
Page 178 of 226 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4505

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    I honestly don't know what to say about the direction this thread is taking.lol
    always the same high standard mate!

seems like crocs is the shit btw andy, high fashion! http://www.refinery29.com/2016/09/12...fw-spring-2017

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    I honestly don't know what to say about the direction this thread is taking.lol .
    With Ten Ball (Lee), Skellets, Andy and I involved it's only ever going down hill!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Well had a relax after what was the highlite of the year the golden croc award and I'm back at it. So impressed by volomirs 'The Sentry' I bought it at Euromilitaire breaking the bank in the process but heck it's impossible not to love the big fat green one eyed scarred lump! So just very roughly sketched in the mid and highlight gotta smooth him right back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great start mate, love this mini.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Nice so far, although the figure does vaguely remind me of an ex-colleague.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

also reminds me of a certain painter
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

The face reminds me of crocs in more than one way! Like a mix of the animal and the footwear.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

also love the sentry bust looking at pictures from euro (although not by volomir, not sure he even paint anylonger.) nice start!

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    although not by volomir
    It looks like Marc Masclan's box art to me.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Great start Andy. He already looks really grizzled. Are you going for red for the armour?

Definitely a cool bust, great choice. I also commend you for using yellow to highlight green; gives a beautiful result.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

It's actually more of an orange but its photographing yellow. Yeah it is Marc's I got confused because the box art was on Volomirs website. (That's easily done with me ). Glazing away
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Wow, Andy, this "big fat green one eyed scarred lump" is looking great. Are you stippling a bit here or is the resolution on my monitor just a bit low? Looks great either way.
    The impulse to shell out the cash for this one was an impulse worth following!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 09-28-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Cheers Bailey will pm you later for a bit of advice.

yeah stippling ahoy! It's a uk thing gotta stipple Seriosly though stippling a glaze on alows texture but the underlying sketched in light and shadow shows through but softend
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Very nice. That's some high-contrast shading that still never strays into the hyper-contrasted style.

Contrast is king on minis I say but light placement and colour choice come very close IMHO.

really loving this bust the subtle detail on the skin is just bliss to paint.
    Here be my ranking=

I had to look through your gallery, Andy, to determine if this project is likely to become my favorite of all your works. First, you're a hell of a painter, man. Second, yeah, I think this guy is likely to surpass everything you've done to this point if you keep pushing yourself to the heights you're promising so far. Keep it up, bud.

I love the slightly bleary look of that eyeball.

Loving the attention to detail on this guy. The cracks and blemishes on the belly especially