AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 180
Page 180 of 229 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 4563

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Looks great!

I think you could make the light underneath the scratches thinner on the leather. Also, some more shading on the area around the eyes and mouth. A final darker shadow underneath the "bumps". Perhaps also the upper eyelid could get some more light but this might just be due the light of the photograph though.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Thanks Bailey that means a lot coming from you. Tell you what you should buy it and paint it up you'd do it proud.

Any one who's interested in buying it the maker is Galahad miniatures there's only 150 made (minus the ones that went like hot cakes at Euro ) here's the link

http://galahadminiatures.com
    I was going to get one but tbh I carnt get around the fantastic work youve done (and the original) so carnt vision him in another paint scheme now and I dont what to copy yours
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I think you have surpassed yourself with this one Andy! There is so much to like about the colours and textures you've created. Best of all is the soulful expression, and that is no mean trick when you only have one eye to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    Best of all is the soulful expression.
    He looks like he's just got a pirates eye patch for his secret Santa

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    He looks like he's just got a pirates eye patch for his secret Santa
    Awww, got to give him a hug after that.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Awww, got to give him a hug after that.
    Being the henchman for an Evil Dark Lord isn't all it's cracked up to be. Long hours, terrible pay and huge premiums on his accidental death while at work policy, meant that Terrence the terrible, scourge of the Dark mountains, lieutenant to the blood thirsty Baron Von Vilhelm 2nd. Was painfully shy in social environments that didn't involve hitting someone very hard with an enormous cleaver. He just found it hard to 'connect' with people emotionally

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    I was going to get one but tbh I carnt get around the fantastic work youve done (and the original) so carnt vision him in another paint scheme now and I dont what to copy yours
    What he said

Definitely amongst your finest work. I can't add anything else

Thank you very much for the encouragement and kind words it means a lot to me. Avelorn I took your advice and hightend the shadows with some more blue and did the same around the eye and yes the eyelid is in actual shadow so in hand tilted you can see highlites it's not flat colour.

Bailey and Lee high praise but I would disagree I'm sure you can do your own takes on it but hey there you go.

Well I've finished him bar a name plate a real shame it went far too quick my favourite project ever I think tbh.

heres some pics of Terrence the Terrible Scourge of the Dark Mountains
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Brilliant stuff. The leather is outstanding! (as is the entire project).

Glad you shelled out the cash, man! Seemed like a very enjoyable project for you. What about the model did you feel was clearly superior to others?

Andy by now you know who I consider the top guys in the British mainland. I'm speaking of the four horseman. For those who do not know(shame on thee) that my coaches from Britain who helped nurture me into the painter I am today. They are none other than "10 ball, sprocket, Skellete and mr ANDY GILLESPE (Andy G) hope I spelled that right.these wonderful wizards of miniature painting have helped me shape and mold my painting style at one point or another in my four years I've been on CMON.and just now I check my gallery and Andy has left me a very encourage comment / vote. I couldn't have been happier than this wizard took time to do that. So thank you mr Andy G . And btw that bust is really well painted. I'm talking right up there with the euro militaire version. Being inspired by this I may do it as my bust for crystal if baily doesn't get to him first . Andy whats the actual name and co. You my dear friend have really inspired me and the leather is hyper realistic. Che Bella.AGAIN. thank you for all your contributions to the best hobby in the world.

Beautiful work Andy. Love almost every single detail on it. If that's possible... I think reworking Thor's armature made you have a "click" moment that has worked marvels on this last project. A+++
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Really nice work on that bust!

Gotta love how incredibly bored the guy looks as well. Gives a nice contrast to all the actionfilled poses out there^^

Quote Originally Posted by Iateyourbananas View Post
    Gotta love how incredibly bored the guy looks as well.
    Yeah. He looks exactly how I imagine big boss-level monsters look hanging around the coffee machine as they wait for the heroes to work through the dungeon and present a challenge. He's a union cyclops, I think.

Just for Andy.
    Name:  IMG_0859.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  166.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0862.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  101.9 KB

Really just 'cos we luv ya, big fella.
    , and proud of it.

Andy, I feel that only one voice is being heard here. What is it about the experience of wearing crocs that fills you with such loyalty, even evangelical zeal? Feel free to really lay your feelings on the table here.

that bust is super cool, well done my friend!