AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 101
Page 101 of 229 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Very nice work, Andy! I am not a fan of the sculpt, but you've done a quite remarkable job on it, so far.

Can't speak for my fellow maffiosi, but I'll definitely come over for Euro again, next year. Hotel is already booked!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

I might come as well, depends on how much money I have and I'll also be right in the middle of my thesis and I'm not sure how many weekends I'll manage to spare. I've decided to go to Monte San Savino next year + GD so if I manage to make a third competition the same fall I don't know.

For the freehand I just suggest to paint negatively now to sharpen it up. I think the style and colours looks good.

Im not sold on the freehand on the back. To me it just looks a little odd that the pattern perfectly follows the creases on the cloth. Not that I could do better just something I noticed.

Wombat

A few dark glazes in the creases and done. Fantastic mate this will real pop out irl.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

great job on this, not a huge fan of the sculpt tho. but that cloak is awesomely painted! you´re getting even better with the freehands=)

avelorn, is that a masters thesis or a phd? if it´s a masters, we´ll be writing them at the same time=) competition?

It's a master thesis. I don't have much of a competitive attitude... but I'll probably kick your ass! What would the competition look like?
    Last edited by Avelorn; 11-09-2014 at 07:57 PM.

What's the research about? Got a viva voce date sorted?

I have not decided yet, it's next fall. But it will probably have something to do with graphics and/or computer games. The advance courses I'm taking this spring will probably help make my mind up. I'm studying computing science.

Blog Entries

Yeah, raising the bar again. Andy "FreeHand" G.

Sheesh!

I love the freehand on the cape, especially the gold in the front, really makes it pop. The armor is excellent as well.

Thanks guys! Picked a base out that seems the right size and has something to rest her foot on. Also done a bit more free hand and a bit of glazing. The design on the back is to match the belt buckle in the front plus I got tired of doing scroll work.

Avelorn MSc and computer gaming can life get any sweeter?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Been quietly watching this one in awe, but that back skull is your best free hand to date IMO, the base should work really well with the dungeon adventure feel to the model
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    Realistically and historically speaking, a chest plate with boob fittings would be a death trap. Any impact could deflect strangely, and lead the blow towards the body instead of away, or the plate might bend, making proper breathing difficult.
    this!

no woman with common scense would wear a plate armor that catch the blow instead of deflecting it. and seriously, making metal cups like that make it look just silly to me. but mostly im kind of sick how women are portrayed in this hobby.

take a look here, must be magic, where did the boobs go??.

anyway Andy, youre on fire!
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 11-11-2014 at 05:12 AM.

How the hell do you do it Andy, I mean holy amazeballs that free hand. That skull is awesome but what really gets me is the light detail pattern work that seems to blend into the cloth perfectly, thats what I am trying to figure out.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    this!

no woman with common scense would wear a plate armor that catch the blow instead of deflecting it. and seriously, making metal cups like that make it look just silly to me. but mostly im kind of sick how women are portrayed in this hobby.

take a look here, must be magic, where did the boobs go??.

anyway Andy, youre on fire!
    that is a beauty Skel, but why would they make the armor believable and then give her a sword that looks to weigh as much as she does.

perhaps its a really short sword, with a big handle

try this link instead of tastefully more realistic armor; http://www.pinterest.com/nivulus/armoured-lady-women/ no room anywhere for boobies and it still works out!

sorry for the OT Andy
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 11-11-2014 at 09:07 AM.

I agree with Skel around the portraying of woman, but damn nice work there Andy
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Yeah I didn't look at the sculpt that much just got blinded by all the metal. Tbh there's a lot of faults with the sculpt especially the hair eugh no form to it at all and the face she looks like the old planet of the apes female ape! But yep the booby sculpt on the metal ain't to hot. But I love the metal!

As as for women in fantasy it's always been a similar thing from the buxom princesses to be saved by the hero the languishing queens and the busty oops my chain mail bra slipped .....again. Some notable exceptions are in the most unlikely of places ie Belít in Conan!

Anyway I've finished the piece it's a bit smudgey in places the next free hand piece will be crisper.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    perhaps its a really short sword, with a big handle

try this link instead of tastefully more realistic armor; http://www.pinterest.com/nivulus/armoured-lady-women/ no room anywhere for boobies and it still works out!

sorry for the OT Andy
    Ooh "Lady-Women" those are the best kind