AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 156
Page 156 of 229 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4564

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

The red glaze on the joints really works well, and the details on the top look spot on. to highlight the eye which you've painted black like a whale, could you make the eyelids lighter to draw the eye in ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Eyes are there and ive highlited like crazy but the figure itself is in shadow as the eyesockets are recesed behind deep folds of skin. I will up the contrast on the bags under the eyes a bit more.

Steff he Is wearing bananas so I haven't got much choice as regards the yellow!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

How unrealistic! Ive never seen a whale wearing bananas !!
    tbh never seen one with legs either
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

brown bananas? honestly though i dont think yellow bananas in this picture will work, flat blue/red/green/yellow in the same picture is the impossible colorscheme...

I will have a go at green bananas with brown on em okakokay
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

file em off....and the fin......all off now, do it now.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

yeah! brown bananas might look a bit too much like poop anyway. better file em off.

There really was no way to file them off they're over the crease of his gut fecking nightmare to get rid of them and then have to re-sculpt so here it is with most of the detail done plus a couple crabs coming out of his pants. Doing the base next sandy beach with water effects.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Here be my ranking=

Its works, you can tell there bananas and they dont clash to much with the mini.
    The bottom lip bothers me, think it needs a shade of a different colour but not sure which or how much? maybe introduce a turquoise blue in places?

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Its works, you can tell there bananas and they dont clash to much with the mini.
    The bottom lip bothers me, think it needs a shade of a different colour but not sure which or how much? maybe introduce a turquoise blue in places?
    How about a little bit more of a neutral/cold grey for the lip?
    And how about shifting the elbows and knees to a more toned down purple-ish or shifting them to a desaturated grey turquoise blue I find them a little bit too much rosey-red?
    On the other hand I really like the colour of the shells over his back, and I also like how you managed those bananas. so the yellow point upwards to the face.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Yep, plenty of scope for more colour under his chin:

He looks great, but I too vote in favour of more color on the front.

He looks really good. I would as said by others consider to add some color or diffrence to the front. Love the red on the legs - maybe something like that to bring it all together. No matter what - I am looking forward to the finished result.

Puzzled of Bolton asks:-
    "Why would a Whale have bananas around his neck?"

Whelp that's my philosophical question of the day, otherwise loving him Andy.

Bleeding young whippersnappers..grumble,grumble.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Puzzled of Bolton asks:-
    "Why would a Whale have bananas around his neck?"

Whelp that's my philosophical question of the day, otherwise loving him Andy.

Bleeding young whippersnappers..grumble,grumble.
    To feed his monkey of course!
    Here be my ranking=

Here's a little update on the big guy started doing the base a sandy beach and some water building up gradually the foam surf with microbeads going to do some jungle foliage at the back and some shells and detritus on the beach.

Paled down the pink on the knees and elbows also and I'm liking it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Here be my ranking=

Lovin those micro beads, very effective!

Name:  Project3.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  187.5 KB

Yeah, I felt something was missing, but couldn't put my finger on it!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!