Page 191 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 3917

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

VERY nicely done I like it! The colours work really well.

Cheers Lads! Might do with the rails but not today.

Saint Toad very kindly sculpted a base for my toad King which I painted up tonight I'm going to tighten up the painting a bit but it is essentially done now. Cheers Rhett much appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Good choice on the colours for the mushrooms
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Good choice on the colours for the mushrooms
    Definately! That base is awesome with that mini.

Just an idea on the dwarf and banshee... Break or bend some of the fence/rails It may look even more weathered that way... also I would specifically bend/brake the ones that are just in front of the dwarf, just to let the work on the dwarf be completely appreciated. I also agree with the blues on the lower parts of the fences. Anyway I like it lots just as it is sooo.... just trying to give you more work! xP

On the base from Rhett, such a nice present! It seems it feets the big toad king perfectly. ^^ I find the mushrooms a bit on the bright side but as you said you are going to adjust them a bit more so I'm just sharing my impression on them. Also they remind me of a typical edible boletus that is really appreciated on my area. "Rovelló -Lactarius Sanguifluus"
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5257 out of 235360 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

i think you did a great job with the duel base, much better! have to say Maenas thought hit me also, to bend some of the rails to be able to see the dwarf more. might not be needed when you look at it irl though.

oh and the frog base, very nice!

Excellent base by ST and a wonderful paint job on it. The duel also looks great, though I do agree about the fences and exposing the dwarf a little more.

What a great surprise! I love the colors you've used on the mushrooms. They pick up the warm glazes over the green frog skin very nicely!

Also, I really like the way the square stones turned out. I have yet to paint one like that.
    Last edited by SaintToad; 03-21-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Great job! The contrast in color between the frog and the mushrooms really helps make the Frog king standout, yet it there is still something in the colors of the mushrooms and the frog king that ties it ll together. Great composition!

damm andy that truly is a work of art. from the way the colours compliment and frame each other to the texture and skill of the painting, it all takes my breath away.
    i'd make you a sandwitch, but cannibalism is illegal in my country.
    WIP thread

Those mushrooms work brilliantly. Sets the whole thing off really well.
    Love the way they carry on down the plinth a short way as well
    Last edited by Foxtail; 04-10-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    error 404: signature not found

Been busy with interviews for jobs and work stuff the last couple of weeks (work really pissing me off when I realised I could get paid thousands more for doing exactly the same job elsewhere). Any way got a new job and picked up the brushes and started on a 75 mm ive had a while the Dragon Elf figure it's a good one for sure. Just the flesh started going for a very pale skin tone.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

i still have a hard time to realize you actually do work...

no whatsapp nowdays?

It's not real work like we do stefan, he just has a laugh all day and talks about flashing things in space
    Don't see why we need all these astrophysicists anyway, if you need to know anything about the universe just Google it !

He he.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Congrats on the new job Andy, good to see you picking up the brushes again
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Been having a dreadful time with the dragon elf chap fighting me every step of the way going to stick him on a back burner for the moment. Started Straken instead a nice sculpture and small just what I need at the moment to get my mojo back. Very fed up with the Salute comp they had an oscars moment and announced me as the gold winner for single fantasy with the big black sun barbarian only to realise they had made a mix up with the tickets. Talk about a slap in the face I sulked all the way home. As it was I came away with three finalists medals nice but it isn't a gold not sure if I'll bother with salute next year.

any way enough of the moaning and a few pics of the first pass on the skin got to tidy it up with a few glazes. My new iPhone seems to be desaturating it.
    Here be my ranking=

Excellent work Andy!!!absolutelety excellent work.

Love it Andy, gorgeous skin tones
    Visit me on Putty and Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Mally17

oh, double sorry to hear, what an anti-climax moment, baaaad! i really hope you get around next year again though