AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 2
Page 2 of 221 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Thanks guys thinking of putting a tentacle coming out of thr pipe.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Looks very nice andy. I like the Steel NMM most, the horizon on the backpack vent is good. Some transitions look a bit jumpy to me on the gold and armour but the contrasts from light to dark are very eye catching and your placing of the lightest spots is really really good.

Nice piece matey.
    cheers
    will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

yep, yep, yep looking sweeeeet

Love the base, esp the wire, very gritty - get some verdigris on there. Yea go for a tentacle also. The only thing Im not keen on is on the fist ,
    I would of done the palm and fingers in black to break up the green a bit but you have done such a good job on the blending I would leave it now
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

That base is rockin....and go for the tentacle monsieur
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Wink Almost done space marine!!

Ok done the tentacle and done a roll of barbed wire following the instructions on the articles section here also verdigreed the copper wire and splashed more colours on the base trying to add a bit more depth to it. So guys and gals any more tips suggestions comments? Got to say I have realy enjoyed this foray into the scifi bit of the mini world a first for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Awesome stuff, all the little details on the base really help the final piece.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Glad to see you got a skull on there sir. Love the shell cases
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Very nice Andy! Are those some of those grass tufts on there? If so, how do you like working with them?

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Very nice Andy! Are those some of those grass tufts on there? If so, how do you like working with them?
    Thanks amigo's

The grass tufts are definitely way better than the flock and static grass you can buy. For my money they are one of the best basing materials you can get. However less is more and placement is everything also occasionally put in patches of static grass as well so they hump up with the tufts in the centre. also paint them dark olive green at the bottom and browns and then lighten to the top which I haven't got around to doing yet thanks for reminding me

Hope this helps.
    Here be my ranking=

Default The black crow Andrea mini

Heres a few pics of my new project the black crow a 30mm Andrea mini not come across this make before but i am totaly smitten the quality of the sculpt is second too none!
    Just doing the muscles at the moment going to push the highlites a lot more and nmm the metal gonna try some free hand on the cloth got to keep plugging away at the free hand as its by far my weakest area.

Comments and suggestions as ever are realy welcome!!
    Here be my ranking=

Oh yeah...I remember that one! Horthak? Or something like that? They have two different sizes if I remember correctly. The bigger one is cool too but there was something about his face...but the smaller one is cool!

You've got a great start! Love how you do your flesh tones!

ETA: Okay, hun, I luv ya but we really need to talk about Photoshop. So I did a little something for ya.

Name:  andy.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  166.3 KB

It's a little harsh but your dpi was a bit low and combined with the low light it was rather hard on the image.
    Last edited by kathrynloch; 04-20-2012 at 03:35 AM.

yeah still strugling with photoshop cheers!
    Here be my ranking=

Kath, seems a bit too green atm...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Me had a bash also

Name:  IMG_2059.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  363.3 KB
    "
    . Andyg

Right from now on I post em you sought em only joking!
    Here be my ranking=

Ive tweaked it a bit more

Name:  38dca5c6438249973610e5c959ab1413o.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  170.4 KB
    "
    . Andyg

yes thats more like it god can never get photoshop right!!
    Here be my ranking=

lol! Impressive tweaking 10! At that rate, I'll have you do mine too!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Kath, seems a bit too green atm...

Yeah, I just now noticed that I had my laptop monitor at a bit of an odd angle. If it's not in exactly the right position I can get some interesting color casts. Screwed up a whole mess of photos before I realized it.

Default Scarlet Harlot

Hi guys Ive kinda recovered from salute now and Im getting on with painting the black crow mini. Decided to do red clothes. Dont normaly do them as they tend to look either pastel pink or oragey red rarely proper scarlet or some such proper red colour. I bought some valejo paint on the suggestion of dragonsreach at Salute some ivory and neutral grey and ive got to say Im very impressed with the quality of the paint and the realy useful bottle dropper design much better then the GW pots which I have always bought. Nothing wrong with GW dont get me wrong but its the ease of application and the coverage of the paint which does seem to be better.

Any way heres a couple of pics, Im quite happy with the red still slightly pink but definately closer to true red than my previous efforts.

Any suggestions on getting that final realism on the reds?
    Here be my ranking=