AndyG WIP (pic heavy) - Page 204
Page 204 of 220 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4388

Thread: AndyG WIP (pic heavy)

Off to a very nice start. I've liked this sculpt for a while, been tempted to get the kit several times but haven't gotten around to it yet. I can see this piece really shining with your style of painting. 10 ball picked a great figure for you!

Light placement is excellent mate
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

love this miniature, will be cool to see the progress here

Skin tones are on point as ever Andy. Looks like another awesome sculpt

looks a very good start, nice light placement, and its a right cool looking mini

Enjoying this mini loads. Just been glazing in the skin giving by it a bit of depth. Got to smooth it yet and add details. Thought I’d show the base as well which I attached first.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

More work done on it the jaw line has had a six o’clock shadow added and more colours in the skin adding a bit more depth. I’ve pushed the contrast up to white on the skin on the right facing shoulder going for that Spanish style pop on the skin. Material needs more work and the steel of the helmet needs more depth yet.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

This is looking excellent so far... that skin is awesome and highlighted to near perfection... looking forward to watching how this progresses

Skin looking excellent as usual.
    Imo the unshaven stubble is either too dark or to close in colour as the metals making it look like an extention on the helmet.
    Could be the photo though.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Imo the unshaven stubble is either too dark or to close in colour as the metals making it look like an extention on the helmet.
    You wouldn't have that problem with proper metal paints...

Seriously, though... Nice work on the skin. I like the lighting!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

I’ll glaze it back with a bit of midtone skin. Tbh it’s more the light glinting off the chin though.
    Here be my ranking=

really like how this is looking, the list placement and blending in skin is spot on. nice work
    Last edited by Coyotebreaks; 12-30-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    I’ll glaze it back with a bit of midtone skin. Tbh it’s more the light glinting off the chin though.
    do it now !
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

All right glazed back and the axe head done.
    Here be my ranking=

Looking great! That blue really makes the miniature pop! May I ask what colors you used to paint it?

Thanks

Looking great Andy, his sash really starts to pull it together. Skin is awesome.

Why does his helmet have a metal chin strap? Surely that’s really impractical?

Haha, just kidding. Excellent painting as usual Andy. Blue tones on the sash are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Why does his helmet have a metal chin strap? Surely that’s really impractical?

Haha, just kidding. Excellent painting as usual Andy. Blue tones on the sash are spot on.
    Ah ha hah hah I see you have the Swedish style of humor #thinkthey’refunnybutthey’renotStefanjohnsoniwr estlepolarbears

The blue is hawk turquoise old gw range if you can’t get that then coat d arms do a perfect replacement for it I forget what it’s called have a look on dakka dakka they have a replacement chart. The shadows are done with purple er lich purple I think with a bit of regal blue added. The highlight is just hawk turquoise mixed with white.
    Here be my ranking=

Looks great Andy, love the flesh tones you have going on, particularly the placement on that right shoulder. Really Nice.

(not convinced on the sturdyness of that bendy axe handle though)

I stop in every so often so I don’t get depressed seeing your brilliant work Andy... so I’ll say it again- MANNN THIS CAT CAN PAINT!!!