At long last!

Thread: At long last!

Default At long last!

OK, here is a project that languished forever (or at least it seemed that way). It is the first tiny step in getting out of the gargantuan painting hole!

Here is the post...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/304982

I will be finishing off the foot version of this in the next 3 days, and that will probasbly show up here or on the blog!

Well the time put in has paid off! Top painting sir.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

I concur, very nice work there.
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com/

Yup, he's lovely, Kev did a great job of that sculpt and your painting brings it out nicely
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Ah, that's why some of those features seemed so familiar on the figures! It felt like I was painting a 54 mm Tiriel in a way :-) The shoulder armor in particular.

That scale is obviously much bigger as well. Empire infantry is supposed to go on 20mm bass, and I was lucky to be able to squeeze him onto a 25mm. :-) Hopefully this one will go active at some point. The 72mm chaos rider has been in stasis for days... :-)

Lovely job on one of my favorite models. Bruckner is a big dude according to the fluff
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I thought that must be the case... :-)

Here is the foot version, will post tomorrow perhaps...

Very nice, the NMM is lovely. Geif your recipe for it please! =D
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com/

Thanks for the kind words! I don't really have formulas for many things (in terms of specific names of colors). I have some general shades that I will use in a certain part of the nmm. My starting point tends to be a shadow grey or fenris grey or luftwaffe uniform purple grey. I have a dark walnut brown, something like graveyard earth, a sky blue, a seafoam green, and a white or ivory.

Obvioulsy, all the sky blues go into the sky facets of the armor, with the browns mixed into anything pointing down. :-)

Sorry for the non-specifics! I often have to make do with whatever colors I have on hand, so I don't get myself tied into any one paint scheme. It is more generalized warms and cools, with various tints done with glazes. At some point, I will be putting more of our "how to" articles on the blog,with the "shaded basecoat" being one of them!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I was just getting caught up on your blog, and I saw a lovely termy for the Grey Knights, made from the Chaplain. How did you make the banner for that mini? Is it paper, green stuff, of metal? If it is paper, how did you go about making it?

Man, when I think you have reached the pinnacle of painting prowess, you seem to find more ground to cover!

Amazing James!

Thanks for checking out the blog!

If it is the banner I think it is, a great way to do a paper banner and get that 'wavyness' is to use a glue stick to adhere two sheets together. If you bend in while the glue is still wet, it locks in into that position, which is great!

If you want to use green stuff, you can roll out a sheet of tin foil, and then place a very thin sheet of green stuff on to of it. The tin foil is like an armature that lets you bend it to the desired shape, but not allow it to sag, etc. It also gives it support.

I hope that is useful!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wappellious View Post
    I hope that is useful!
    Very useful, thanks for the help. I had thought of doing a cloth banner, but I doubt it will work for what I need. But I am gonna try this. Love the blog, I do not check every day, usually I get caught up on Sundays, makes for a good day!