Expansion Thoughts/Hopes...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Thoughts/Hopes...

Default Expansion Thoughts/Hopes...

Indoor mall (with squad of unique zombie security guards.
    Amusement Park (Zombieland) with zombie clowns and yep, the mandatory zombie boss, likeness of Bill Murray!

Wutcha think?

Zombie Bill Murray would be EPIC!

I approve this thread Wondering what will be the expansions when the base game is out in 5 months that's totally like me.

I'm all for a city mall!

I like both places as scenarios for the game.
    I don't see Bill Murray as a final boss, though...
    Maybe Tor or even Schwarzenegger would be better bosses.

I'd love to see a mall. A flip side outdoor forest area could be interesting too. With thick stands of trees to block LoS instead of buildings.

Arnold would be a great zombie boss, great idea. How about Jack Black clone as the music shop survivor, wielding a guitar at the zombies? And the comic book shop survivor, Hiro Nakamura from Heroes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernado View Post
    I like both places as scenarios for the game.
    I don't see Bill Murray as a final boss, though...
    Maybe Tor or even Schwarzenegger would be better bosses.

I do think the mall idea would be popular, although difficult for those of us wanting a 3D board to model.

How about a large multi-storied office tower. It could be designed to fit onto the end of one of the street tiles from the original game and designed to play one of two ways.

- The survivors must make their way through the streets of the city to the office tower while being chased by an overwhelming zombie horde. Once they reach the tower, they must make their way upwards through the various levels and to the rooftop helicopter pad where they will be whisked away to safety. During their progress upwards the survivors will encounter objectives and more zombies that could slow them down, and allow some of the zombies from the horde chasing them to catch up.

- Alternatively, the survivors could find themselves at the top floor of the building when the zombie outbreak occurs. Now the survivors have to fight their way down, battling zombies in ever increasing numbers as they get closer to street level. Once there, they must make their way through the city streets of the original game, until they reach the exit zone and safety.

Of course the designers could just create tiles that add visual variety to make the original game city bigger.

Whatever they decide on, one thing I really do hope for is new zombie sculpts. I wouldn't want to have them simply including more of the current zombies just to make a bigger horde. I'd really want unique sculpts for the expansions.

Maybe not for the next expansion, but at some point I'd like to see rules allowing each player to control an anti-zombie SWAT or Special-Ops team of maybe 4 figs each.

That's all I've got for now.
    Last edited by Darsc Zacal; 04-27-2012 at 12:40 AM.

I second Mall and Theme Park. Could have themed Zombie

I also reckon hospital (wheelchair Zombies!) or Army base,

Quote Originally Posted by MattZitron View Post
    I second Mall and Theme Park. Could have themed Zombie

I also reckon hospital (wheelchair Zombies!) or Army base,
    I dig the idea of a hospital and army base as new locations for an expansion. I have always been a big fan of the Bubblehead nurses from the Silent Hill series of games so having zombie surgeons and nurses running around would be pretty wild even if they might be considered replacements for standard walker/runner zombie types. We haven't really had much detail as to what type of epidemic is turning people into zombies so a military base might even serve as ground zero for the outbreak.

In terms of expansions I just hope that new zombies types, locations, or abilities should be easy to incorporate into the base game. There is nothing worse than an add-ons which make things so overly complicated to play that you have to force yourself to try and have a good time. This also makes it tough to try and introduce the game to new players.

I second the Mall and Themepark too! There's simply no way to avoid these!

And what about some Subway station?

We definitely need some other zombie models !

Quote Originally Posted by IdylHans View Post
    In terms of expansions I just hope that new zombies types, locations, or abilities should be easy to incorporate into the base game. There is nothing worse than an add-ons which make things so overly complicated to play that you have to force yourself to try and have a good time. This also makes it tough to try and introduce the game to new players.
    Amen to that!

JuJu
    Kaleb Daark
    Last edited by Kaleb Daark; 04-29-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb Daark View Post
    I second the Mall and Themepark too! There's simply no way to avoid these!

And what about some Subway station?

We definitely need some other zombie models !

Amen to that!

JuJu
    Kaleb Daark
    I second the Subway Station. Really good idea. You could add gameplay elements like Zombies in the dark and zombie rats!

What about an event deck? Before play or perhaps during, draw a card (not to often though). might add, rain, fire, lights out, lockd door or something else to the game.. Even though I belive that LNOE is overdooing the random events occuring during a game, the element of surprise is a must for all good zombies themed games..
    Another thing I would like to see is more gory rules.. Like the feast rule in All things Zombie..

Subway sounds cool though, a couple of scenarios focusing on activating the subway train before travelling with it.. Everyone who played Resident Evil, knows that you can't travel for more than a few seconds in a sub or any kinda train, before something big and nasty jumps at you...

But as I wrote ealier, with the map editor and a bit of photoshop knowhow I can't see why we can't create the subway ourselves.. Then the rest is gametesting..
    Last edited by Allan82; 04-29-2012 at 07:49 AM.

I like the idea of this spreading out to be a "city wide" exploration miniature game. It could turn into something All Things Zombie by TwoHourWargames. And that would be cool.

As for locals.... hospital (maybe a field hospital would be better), a strip mall, school or campus?

Quote Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
    I like the idea of this spreading out to be a "city wide" exploration miniature game. It could turn into something All Things Zombie by TwoHourWargames. And that would be cool.

As for locals.... hospital (maybe a field hospital would be better), a strip mall, school or campus?
    I reckon the expansion will let you add on to the main game giving you a longer play/exploration.

MaddockKrug

Hi.

What about an harbor and/ or airport?

Survivors tend to head for places where they either find food and guns (mall), medicine/ medical care (hospital, military camp), protection (military camp, mountain enclaves), or places to get away from the threat - which would be the harbor or the airport at best.

All the best!
    Mad

Quote Originally Posted by MaddockKrug View Post
    Hi.

What about an harbor and/ or airport?

Survivors tend to head for places where they either find food and guns (mall), medicine/ medical care (hospital, military camp), protection (military camp, mountain enclaves), or places to get away from the threat - which would be the harbor or the airport at best.

All the best!
    Mad
    I like it. Having water behind them means that they can be cut off if a horde corners them.

Oh... a harbor.... or anything where you have limits on movement and can get trapped could be fun. What about a jail or prison?

MaddockKrug

Quote Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
    Oh... a harbor.... or anything where you have limits on movement and can get trapped could be fun. What about a jail or prison?
    A prison would be cool. And if the designers do it well, the tiles could be as general that they could be used for prisons, nursing home, hospital or whatever. And with appropriate door- or bar-tokens you could provide the specific nature of the place ...
    So: seconded!

Here's a related question.... are there any clip systems for map tiles that would allow you to have a 3D map by layering the map tiles vertically? Kinda of like 3D Chess? That would be awesome for a small apartment complex/prison/hospital/etc.