Voting bugs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voting bugs?

Default Voting bugs?

Hi.

Somehow I have a weird behaviour when voting on the page. I'm logged in, but neither does it increase the number of votes I have made (it stuck on "You have voted on 6121 out of 172183 minis!"), nor can see the voting I gave them when searching for minis. On older items I can still see the score I gave them, on newly voted ones it doesn't show it.
    Even more, yesterday I voted on maybe 50 miniatures and I gotta say I like how I get shown the "newest" entries I haven't voted on, based on my search-string. But... I voted for like 50 miniatures and then I got a picture and when I voted it, the same one appeared. I voted again and again got that picture. I clicked forward - same picture. I clicked backward - same picture. So I went back to the search-results and clicked one... and the voting-process started again from the beginning. ALL the items I already had voted on came again in the very same order.

What's wrong?

PS:
    Voting on old.coolminiornot.com still increases the counter, shows my votes at the search-results and basically... WORKS!
    Last edited by Hendarion; 04-26-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Yes, the voting don't quite work. Some of us have been wondering the same thing: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-used-to/page4

My voting count has not went either I have also noticed how many people will put my minis to their favourite list, but for some reason the vote count doesn't go up at all. I think it is reasonable to assume that those persons would have voted as well. BTW; what is this old.coolminiornot.com?
    Last edited by Routaporsas; 05-01-2012 at 06:38 AM.

We're looking at this now, voting is on a timed cache (i.e. it queues votes up from everyone before being entered into the system). It appears to be working, but might not be the instantaneous feedback you're expecting in terms of counts.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Actually it doesn't work at all it seems or it works just for some or so. Even if I'm waiting a few days, my vote-count doesn't change and when I start to vote, I'll again get shown the entries I already have voted upon multiple times before (within any possible time-range).

Got to agree with hendarion numerous times I've voted and days later the vote has not appeared at all it's been like this for months. For example I voted on Megazord mans gallery several days ago, the votes have still not appeared. This according to him has been reported to a mod, I love c'mon and wouldn't do anything to dis it but loads of people have been saying for ages there is something seriously wrong with the voting and they are right.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Well, for me voting is the main feature and it only works when using the old site. That's quite sad.

Have you tried clearing your cache recently?

Yep on Ipad and yep on home PC, hmm did I vote from work PC though. Dunno cant remember will double check cache is cleared.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

OK, we've confirmed it was a bug on our end, finally tracked down and fixed it. Please check if it works for you now.

Yep could see straight away all the votes I'd put on had just appeared you could see the " you've voted and score" in the top right and the number of votes had gone up across the board.

So a big thumbs up from me, thanks
    Here be my ranking=

Now it sems tp work and the voting count is actually rising It also shows "your vote and number of votes" in case of every mini you voted, which it didn't do earlier even when I tried to vote. There is a slight delay, but when you wait and refresh the page, it should work.

Great, it even counted ALL of the votes I had made in the past. Magnificent.

Newbie, please be gentle LoboDemon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm still seeing a problem with not all of my votes being counted. I voted on about 10 minis in a row, then about five mins later my vote count went up by 1...

Quote Originally Posted by LoboDemon View Post
    I'm still seeing a problem with not all of my votes being counted. I voted on about 10 minis in a row, then about five mins later my vote count went up by 1...
    Yup. Noticed the same last night. Figured I'd give it overnight to "catch up", and still no progress. Ten votes, 3 counted.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Yep same thing with me voted several times and my vote count not only didn't go up but has actually gone DOWN by several votes.

Here we go again
    Here be my ranking=

Same for me, 90% of my votes arent counted since 1-2 weeks now. Do you guys have an idea where the problem comes from?

Not really sure. Could be that eBay auction images might have something to do with it. Haven't tested that theory yet. But then again, my entire CMON profile seems hosed, since I'm logged in and a guest both at the same time.

EDIT: Had to test my thought. Not eBay. Just voted on 26 minis. Of those, 6 increased my count immediately, while the other 20 have yet to "register" in the counter. Doubt that they will.

EDIT2: I'm going to sit down tonight and try to find a pattern to the madness. Another 77 minis voted on with the count only going up 14. Really thought I'd found a pattern, as the count was rolling on counts divisible by 3 (rolling on 3, 6, or 9) but that pattern failed after 7 counts. This really vexes me to no end. I MUST find the reason! <nice men in white coats sedate the engineer>
    Last edited by PegaZus; 07-31-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Okay, engineering data coming in. Voted on 50 minis I had never voted on before. Recorded the URL, amount my vote counter said I'd voted on, what my vote was, if the mini popped up as the little mini window on the next voting page (top left thingy), and then some fields that didn't matter in the end (manufacturer, genre, date submitted). I then revisited each URL to see if my vote "took", in the top right above the voting ballot, in red text (Your Vote, Average Votes).

So, for 50 votes, I noticed that my vote counter went up nearly instantaneous after voting on some. Sometimes it took a second page. But, any vote I did that made the counter increment was still recorded when I revisited the URL. If the counter didn't move after voting, it didn't show the red text above the ballot. For those 50 gallery postings, 25 votes "took". They showed up as voted on AND the counter had correctly incremented to reflect that.

Now, to make sure this wasn't just my account screwing up, I logged out and into my alternate account "Pegazus vX" (set up awhile ago in case I paint and post to the gallery any Not Safe For Work minis, since several coworkers have shown an interest in my hobby and I'd like to not get fired for showing what I can do; damn zero tolerance policies). That alternate account had voted on exactly zero miniatures, and it shows the points thingy so the account could be considered clean and working as intended. Went back and voted on the exact same 50 gallery pictures using the URL. Results? Of the 50, only 16 "registered" my vote. After the first 10 URLs revisited, I started making predictions on which ones "took" and which ones didn't based on what I saw the vote counter do at the time I voted. Of the 9 times I saw the counter increment, 6 of those were on the mini just previously voted on. The other three were two previous, so the counter was just catching up.

Just to delve deeper into things, I checked to see if the same minis counted in both runs. They both got counted in only 11 cases, and they both didn't get counted in 20 cases. Manufacturer, genre, and date submitted didn't seem to fit any pattern, so that's why I think they were irrelevant.

So, things are broken again somehow. For whatever reason, only a third to a half of my votes are being counted. The counter itself is doing phenomenal. I probably could use it a barometer of if my vote counted or not, soon enough to back up in the browser and try again. Think I might try that next. Keep voting on a set of minis until it actually does register my vote. And as an aside, I cannot recall the counter going up any later than a minute or two after I voted. Down, yes, as pictures get removed from galleries I'd wager. But never where it looked to be a case of the cache catching up.

I do intend to recheck the minis I voted on which didn't "take", just to see if there's a lag in the system. However, it's a pretty consistent (but not constant) pattern of registering a vote, then not the next 2-4.

And if anybody's concerned about the double votes I managed with the alternate account, I can forward the URLs of those to have them decremented should that be possible.
    Last edited by PegaZus; 08-01-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Forward to Chern; methinks the soft roll out of the points/ medals thingy mi bob is the reason but hey what do I know?
    Here be my ranking=

The problem is still there, most of the votes arent taken in consideration. Thanks for your efforts Pegazus, i have the same results.

Hope an admin can give us an answer

Edit: Today my number of votes even decreased lol
    Last edited by dre4mit; 08-01-2012 at 10:28 AM.