Island of blood - high elf mage

Thread: Island of blood - high elf mage

Default Island of blood - high elf mage

I just bought a few days ago a high elf mage from box Island of Blood. It was very very cheap, and that was the main reason to buy it. As I'm not a player, but a painter, I did some research on net and found out that practically nobody wants this figure. On ebay are only two painted mages and no interest on them. Does this mini have any restrictions - so that why is so unpopular - or something else? Or am I wrong? I just wanted to paint it and earn a buck or two...

Blog Entries

I have this figure to, came with the griffin and the rider. I think if this was your intent you really need to spend some time researching what people want rather than buying a model you'd like to paint yourself. I cant think why there would be a lack of interest on it. Its just the ebb and flow of ebay I guess. Next week someone may be looking for one.....

Paint it and see what happens.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

why noone want it? relatively simple.
    - as there is one in every box, there are more mages than needed, all of them unpainted-grey of course
    - most of the minis going to ebay are so badly painted, that no1 wants to buy it.

and the most important one:
    for HE players this model brings nothing. For a competitive list the named character is used, but even is someone uses simple HE mages they won't need more than one (while because of the skaven and other HE-s it's cost effective to buy 2-4 boxes)
    So they stay extremely common and unwanted in army-lists.

but if someone does a decent paintjob to resell on ebay there are buyers who'd pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    why noone want it? relatively simple.
    - as there is one in every box, there are more mages than needed, all of them unpainted-grey of course
    - most of the minis going to ebay are so badly painted, that no1 wants to buy it.

and the most important one:
    for HE players this model brings nothing. For a competitive list the named character is used, but even is someone uses simple HE mages they won't need more than one (while because of the skaven and other HE-s it's cost effective to buy 2-4 boxes)
    So they stay extremely common and unwanted in army-lists.

but if someone does a decent paintjob to resell on ebay there are buyers who'd pay for it.
    Just as I assumed!
    But, yes, a decent painted mini can sell. That is encouriging.

I think this falls into the category of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is". Give it a good paint job and pop it onto eBay and just see what you get for it - you never know you might make something