A few thought on the posibilities of Zombicide map editor

Thread: A few thought on the posibilities of Zombicide map editor

Default A few thought on the posibilities of Zombicide map editor

Ive allready posted this on the Geek, but it might actually fit better here together with the rest of the hopefull dreamers..

So about now om just as hyped on this game as it seems a lot of you are and I started wondering what this map editor might do for the game..

As a long time fan of LNOE (although Im a bit fed up by now), I too kept my fingers crossed hoping that Flying Frog would one day, some how, turn LNOE into a big city zombie action game or maybe let it take place in a mall, army base, theme park, creepy hospital etc.. Well I dont know how they would do it and it seems a bit like its kinda to late for them now, to enhance the size of the table (I know Blood in the Forrest, is on its way, but still).

BUT with the so far simple, yet tactical rules of Zombicide AND the map editor out for grabs The posibilities might be endless. Lets face it, since the tiles aren't hand drawn but (looks like they're) computer made, people might have started making homemade tiles sooner or later even if the map editor wasn't released. But since it is, we can hope that CMON and the designers really endore this and instead of fighting the homemade stuff or compete against it, they decide to make it a buisness and maybe release updates for the map editor every now and then. Example.. Police station designs: x dollars. Including everything you need to create PD tiles, from stools desks and computer screens to holding cells and of course armory.

Even if they don't make updates, im pretty sure people will find a way to find the designs they want to create whatever scenario and tile that might suit them.. My first thought was bying some of Worldworks http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=catalog&... Mayhem section, and with some photoshoping and a good printer, mall tiles does not seem that far away.
    Since zombicide does not use a grid or hexogon system, we're not even restricted to making the tiles have the same size, shape or even be on a street. You could do like Mansion of Madness just by letting each tile be a small room functioning as one, two or three squares http://boardgamegeek.com/image/81842...ons-of-madness. So why even stop their? you could have scenarioes taking place in one single large building instead of just roaming small building in the streets..

Wanna show Rick Grimes how they were supposed to defend Hershel's farm? Create a set of rural farm tiles with a few scenario rules attached.. Maybe a barricade rule would come in handy

Wonder how Tallahassee and Columbus made it through that amusement park?
    Create a themepark setting.. but remember it's not going to bee easy to know who to double tap, in the Hall of Mirrors.

And what if Shaun and Ed spend a little shopping time in a mall before trying for the last stand back at the Winchester.. Would Ed still have to live in the shack afterwards?

Okay I am getting a bit carried away here, Im just trying to inspire viewers and designers to see what might happen if CMON keeps focusing on making cool simple rules, with tactical options and a hell lot of zombies, survivors or other kind of suiteable antagonists and let the gaming community turn Zombicide into the greatest zombie game so far! Instead of constantly waiting for expansions to arrive and when they finally do, they are usually way to expensive and filled with all sorts of extra rules that might not fit into your gaming group, this game could have a stream of small releases from design updates to minis and official scenarioes... Released every couple of month or 6, thus keeps fans not constantly waiting for something that might end up dissapointing them in the end.

Please do comment if you agree or find my ideas to far out..

My intention is to make a 3D board for zombicide to have multi layered madness. But the map editor will sure be useful for inspiration. And depending on how it works, it could even be used to create interiors for the 3D buildings.

I hope there's a way for people to share their creations with the Map Editor.

Some of us aren't graphic designers and would love to benefit from the skills of others!

I'm sure once the official editor is released there will be all sorts of sharing going on. If were lucky maybe they will release the editor and rules prior to the actual game release so people can have a chance to brew up some scenarios and tile sets in anticipation of the game.

One problem I can see with the editor is how to print the tiles - they're 250mm by 250mm - which is bigger than the width of A4!

I guess the "easy" way around this is save it as a PDF then go to your local print shop and hope they can do it.....

Quote Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
    I guess the "easy" way around this is save it as a PDF then go to your local print shop and hope they can do it.....
    Yeah man, in the US it would be like "Kinkos here I come."

Scorp are you in the UK?

If so we can maybe get a batch printed.

Hmm... does it not show my location? I'll see if I can change that...

Is my location visible now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Is my location visible now?
    Yep. You damn punter.*

*People from outside the UK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5CKBtPZn0

Quote Originally Posted by MattZitron View Post
    Yep. You damn punter.*

*People from outside the UK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5CKBtPZn0
    I live here and I still don't know why May Week isn't in May!

Oh, and given my total lack of coordination, that would be "You damp punter"!