A question about the optional miniatures - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A question about the optional miniatures

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Yea, but two chuck norri still don't equal one bruce lee.
    I also like Bruce a lot more than Richard, but you have to admit, in a zombie game, being already dead kinda ruins it for him...
    Last edited by Archon Shiva; 06-20-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Missing quote
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Shiva View Post
    I also like Bruce a lot more than Richard, but you have to admit, in a zombie game, being already dead kinda ruins it for him...
    Even dead, One Bruce Lee beats two chuck norri. He's that awesome.

If we're gonna go there, my personal pick for overblown folk heroes is Davy Crockett. Of course he didn't have much of an acting career (though the other two are debatable at best), but for all the things they are reputed able to defeat, Chuck and Brucie sport surprisingly few political victories. So three-year old David wrestling a bear to death is probably apocryphal, but still, what a guy!

So, Chuck Norris was made an honorary Texas Ranger. Davy Crockett made Texas.

And his honorary title was "King"...

Blog Entries

I'm glad the funding went crazy on this. Congrats to those of you who jumped in. I'm saddened because I despise everything zombie, but desperately wanted to get a Chuck, Uma, and Sam. I just couldn't buy a box full of stuff I'lll never use to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by philologus View Post
    I'm glad the funding went crazy on this. Congrats to those of you who jumped in. I'm saddened because I despise everything zombie, but desperately wanted to get a Chuck, Uma, and Sam. I just couldn't buy a box full of stuff I'lll never use to get them.
    I'm sure there will be people who bought multiple sets (ahem...me?) who would part with their exclusives for a reasonable price.

All the optional minis are going to be fairly limited, i.e. we won't be making a ton of these. Enough to satisfy the Kickstarter demand as well as minimum run quantities; it's not really worth it to keep rehashing the same thing over again when we can be making cool new stuff!
    I like it firm and fruity!

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    All the optional minis are going to be fairly limited, i.e. we won't be making a ton of these. Enough to satisfy the Kickstarter demand as well as minimum run quantities; it's not really worth it to keep rehashing the same thing over again when we can be making cool new stuff!
    Thanks Chern Ann.

However, could you clarify and confirm that that applies to all the minis - the Promos (Nick, Zombie Nick, El Cholo, Zombie El Cholo, Dave, and Zombie Dave) and
    the Abomination level stretch rewards (Chaz, Zombie Chaz, CTS, Zombie CTS, Troy, and Zombie Troy) and the optionals (Marvin, Zombie Marvin, Eva, Zombie Eva, Ivy, Zombie Ivy, Claudia, and Zombie Claudia).

You see, the source of all the confusion, and lack of clarity, is that various things have been said about each individual group (promos/rewards/optionals) of minis, at various times, and in various places, but only ever about one of the groups at a time, so, though the message seems to be roughly the same for all the minis, it's never been explicitly stated, which could, for some, imply that some of the minis may not have a limited production run, and may indeed go on general release at a later date (not that that would, in my opinion, necessarily be a bad thing, in and of itself, just that the lack of clarity is leading to confusion, and could, in the long term, lead to bad feelings amongst some backers, if some minis were to later go on general release (when the implication is that they won't)).

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))