Mega's menagerie of miniature madness - Page 41
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Looks great John, will you be doing a freehand design on his waist mat or would that distract from the amazing skin tones ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I really like how the feathers look now.

John you should give up repairing microwave ovens and start painting miniatures as a career
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Thinking ahead a bit, any ideas for the base? For some reason I see him in a gritty, Sepia toned, almost western scene.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Looks absolutely fantastic so far Mega!

Fantastic! The knees and elbows are awesome.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Many thanks all

Tbh, I'm surprising myself with this one - especially the knees and elbows :P As for the base, I'm undecided, I also see a dusty vista but a couple of friends are suggesting water. I'll think about it nearer the time. The cloth part may get some simple native American type free hand, geometric patterns but once again I've not thought that far ahead yet!

Dust definatley it's got that whole tribal chief thing going on water wouldn't suit it I think
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I tend to agree at this point.

Latest pictures....

Jaw dropping good mate, would never have thought of these colour blends

This is just so good the shading on the skin tones is spot on. I love seeing the progress as it gets better every time!
    For the base I'd say dry & dusty maybe a dead tree, some bones and/or a skull of some type. Possibly those elements could make up some sort of tribal totem or fetish.

Oh my! That skintone! Jawdropping stuff that becomes better and better for every update.

Be sure to allow for some dynamism in the shadows as well, it feels slightly as they clip at a certain level and could go darker on some small spots, but it could be the images that are washed out as well.

Blog Entries

This is shaping up to be an incredible work. Awesome, just awesome.

Loving his right hand. From the gems to his green white red hand. The texture on it is so convincing, I can feel what it would be like to shake his hand.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Many thanks for days so guys

I agree with you Sproket, hot and dusty is the way to go right now. That way I can lots of reds and purples into the base as well.

Im liking the beads and extra details its pulling it all togther well. Hot and dry plains I can see it now Purple snake sneaking around!

Here's some more progress - tbh I'm getting fed up seeing green now as I want to do some sculpting and metallics!

Remember: Patience in the home stretch! Finish strong!

Nice blend on the newly attached arm, had to look back on your earlier post to see where the join was. Not much green left now

I'm still progressing - basing's next.