Mega's menagerie of miniature madness - Page 17
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Yes, watch in amazement as differences in colour temperature from lighting screws with your nice paint job! Try taking photos of him under florescent lights, normal lights and day light and see how he changes. BTW I'm surprise you don't paint his pupils before you do his skin tone, are eyes that much easier in a larger scale like busts?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

MM - stunning work so far. very pleasing to see this face half painted as it really shows where we go from and where we arrive at with paintjobs. Fantastic!
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Thanks With regard to the eyes, they're pretty straight forward at this scale - just some care is needed. I'm interested to hear your opinion of the colour scheme for his face - the cold side is probably too cold right now and hasn't has the upper highlights and lower shadows yet also it still pretty rough, but I'm keen to hear your thoughts before I go too far with the scheme.

really like this aproach, gives it a very natural feel as if the sun is catching one side of the face
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Blog Entries

I think it is looking great with your colors. Here is another example of light coming from the side rather than the top, this one is all warm though.

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/...adiator.28515/

I like the effect but as you say it's a bit to cold at the moment.
    The effect will look more natural when the other parts are painted in a similar way.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Certainly the scheme is going to have to be more than the face, well at least I'm planning on continuing the idea further than just his face. I've given him a little more life but looking at these snaps I think I need to play with the highlights a little more. To be honest it's better in the hand due to his pose, looking up off to one side, it seems more an obvious ploy than the stills are showing.

looking really good MM. Have you balanced the cooler side? It looks even better now?? I like the eyes although the seem very bright. Very eye catching but a little disturbing at the same time. Just my opinion. Great painting.

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Willdorling View Post
    looking really good MM. Have you balanced the cooler side? It looks even better now?? I like the eyes although the seem very bright. Very eye catching but a little disturbing at the same time. Just my opinion. Great painting.

Will
    Looking more balanced now. Before this step the front on shot did look a tad disturbing.

Yep, every time I'm trying to remove that disturbing look he had to a point where I've made many tweaks all over his face, eyes and is hat is more or less done. The harsh line on his left cheek is just where the light has caught it - in reality its smooth.

This is looking really good mate, real quality.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Really really good work here
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Thanks guys I'm surprising myself with this one.

The surrounding areas really help tie into the flesh and tone down the cool to warm transition. I think it was all that white surrounding the flesh making things pop before. It always throws me for a loop how much the surrounding colours can affect the final product. He looks so good already!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Hat really helps indeed, looks a lot better the cool and warm sides now. I like it! (Y)
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

Everything you touch turns into something wonderful.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

wohoo, that IS awesome and highly inspirational, have to paint a bust soon!

Blog Entries

looking really ace and as KB said, the leather is near perfection.