Mega's menagerie of miniature madness - Page 22
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Looks great. I think it's the mix of smooth, but organic that threw you. It needed to look super clean which is hard on areas like that. Again, looks great!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

There really needs to be a ruined windmill around this guy, so awesome! /)^3^(\

Wow you have done an awesome job on such a fun looking mini, looking forward to more

That one is just so fun! It might have been complicated but let it came out super, lots of character in it. Where did you this one from?

I think you're right, organic and ultra smooth didn't compute in my mind. He's from G.A.St Art and they have a complete range of them

Oh dear god... I honestly thought for a second that the nostils were this the eyes...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

I'm just back from the excellent weekend workshop - thanks John, Elias, Kev, Pete, Terry, Gus and Mike for an enjoyable weekend Here's a few pics of my nmm tries (really just the knee pad, whip blade and shield is finished and the purple thing. The skin and other parts are roughly blocked in) -

But more importantly here's Elias's amazing work - he's so fast it's incredible!

Damn fine NMM. Yours looks very reflective because of the low amount of dark areas, but the the little that is there is really all the contrast you need. Very surprising.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

At last ....welcome to the dark side! Nmm everything now mate.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    At last ....welcome to the dark side! Nmm everything now mate.
    I'm just starting to try and get out of that habit Andy. It's still my default setting!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I thought I would see if I could squeeze another one in before next weekend, this is yesterdays work....

Man alive it's a love mini to paint, lovely volumes and fantastic character.

Blog Entries

nice start. I have had my eye on this little guy, there have been some wonderful versions painted up and I am sure yours will be awesome too.

Subscribed, beautiful work love the materials and the NMM is very interesting (in a good way). Done in a crome style on the gauntlets, Motovation for more practice as your's and Elias results are just spectacular.

Milosh, he's such a lovely mini, so full of character - you should try it! Other than the box art I've not seen another one - do you have a link?

Many thanks Canny I think Elias is quite a step up from mine but I'm trying to reach there!

Blog Entries

I saw it on planetfigure.com but couldn't find it again. It was a couple of months ago. I have also seen a couple on nocturna's FB page. sorry about no links though. This guys always paints up fantastic, hard to believe he is so tiny.

He's called Derkin and is from Nocturna models.

No worries Milosh, what you did post has help me to track a few down He is small, true 30mm.

Thanks, may have to add him to the army of unpainted minis.

I think it needs a little more light in the desaturated red areas otherwise an improvement.... But I'm still not 100%

He look great!! How do you highlight your reds ?