Mega's menagerie of miniature madness - Page 32
Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Many thanks - DF, I'm approaching this from a different point of view than normal (or most). Rather than blocking in the colour across the whole mini I'm finishing one section at each stage. Due to that these jumps you've describe occur as things don't look right until the areas adjacent are sorted.

Here's the latest -

Lookin sweet! Did you say ur on a timeline with this guy? Is he a commission or for a contest?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Lookin sweet! Did you say ur on a timeline with this guy? Is he a commission or for a contest?
    Thanks buddy! It's being entered into the competition at world expo next weekend

How did you do? I think I saw this on WAMP and it looks like you changed some things. I think I remember 2 figures on the base, is this correct? Also I think you changed the shoulder pads up. Looked great...unless this was a dream or something...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Here's something that I was kindly given at Figureworld. This cheeky chappy is from the new company Guild Ball and he's call the Alt Boiler Master. I must say that the quality of cast (in metal) is really something to behold, the level of detail and quality is absolutely fantastic. These pictures are extremely large - the actual lad is the size of the head of these pictures (at least on my screen). I'll do some comparison shots when I get my camera out next. He comes in 5 parts and once put together strikes a dynamic pose. One area that was tricky though is assembly, I found the socket on his leg and leg arm slightly too big to make a good connection. After a little work reducing the bump it fitted much better. With virtually no mold lines clean up and assembly was quick even with the work on the connecting parts.

From the scuplt point of view I would like to see his right arm (the one holding the log) slightly more bent so that when assembled his face is point upwards slightly more (hence making it the focus more than is possible right now). Having said that as it's made from metal I think making this slight mode should be easy. Otherwise sculptwise and pose it's damn cool - easpecially as its digitial. Those darn rounded edges you sometime see on digital scuplts are just not present, rather we see clean sharp edges. Nice!

Overall it's a cracking mini with high quality printing and casting. Well done Guild ball, I'm looking forward to painting him now

https://www.facebook.com/guildball

Last edited by megazord_man; 07-21-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Love the marine guy. Nice model and wicked paint job.

The guild ball guy looks great. Cant wait to see your finished mini :-)

Looking sweet John, do a scale shot to show off those impressive painting skills
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Looking sweet John, do a scale shot to show off those impressive painting skills
    All i have to do is look at the size of the base relative to the tip of the needle drill...then look at the smooth blends and the glow of the eyes to know you guys have skills that blow my current capabilities away.

Lovely work so far.

Blog Entries

Goggles clinched, continue like this he's a winner, ubercool mini

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Do you ever post your finished work on your thread? I am just curious because I always see all this beautiful work you put into a mini and then its on to the next model and I never see the finished one. Maybe its just me, just wanting to to know if I am going crazy or not....well more crazy than normal anyways.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

The finished pieces have there own threads Digga like the guy at the top was in brothers from another mother (so no more crazy than normal !)
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

You missed a seam line mate

Name:  140722DSC_3896.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  71.8 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I think I got some of them 10 ball - The trouble is that he's too tiny for my eyes! Here's a size comparison shot then some progress.

Looking good, really like the highlights. The high contrast works really well on this mini model
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I realy do like the lighting on the goggles there mate and the blue band on the orange sleve works well.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Thanks guys

Here's a little more. It's been nice painting something so quickly without pushing myself - that will come with my next piece

That a very nice paint job on such a tiny piece. Love the colors contrast and the shine you give to all surfaces. It really makes it pop!

I love this mini, you have truly done it justice. Good discipline in sticking to subtlety with his skin. I think with a sculpt like this it'd be easy to go overboard with the contrast. To me, NMM is for the fantastic, and this mini certainly is. If you want him to truly stand out, you MUST go over the top with the base. Eager to see what you choose.

Edit: I must have got mixed up somehow. This remark is for the HassleFree barbarian you did, which is probably waaay old. Sorry. But as for this latest guy, good use of complimentary colors.
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 08-04-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17