Rules......where are they? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rules......where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Droganis View Post
    Once you have reached the previous objective, place the
    surviving Survivors on a Zombie Spawn Zone that has no
    Zombies in it (to prevent further spawning).

Buh? It kind of sounds like you get randomly teleported around the map every time you hit an objective? And how does this prevent spawning? Maybe you're supposed to actually remove the spawn zone token? I'm very confused with that one.
    You misunderstood it. After reaching the previous objective, you just have to get all the remaining survivors to a single spawn zone and eliminate all zombies in it. Once this is done you prevent further spawning in that spawn zone, winning the mission.

The PDF is also posted on the website!
    Blank Survivor ID, Item, and Weapon cards too!

Quote Originally Posted by Loophole Master View Post
    Time for some reading...

So, the 4th scenario, Drive By Shooting, has a bit that makes no sense to me:
    Once you have reached the previous objective, place the
    surviving Survivors on a Zombie Spawn Zone that has no
    Zombies in it (to prevent further spawning).

Buh? It kind of sounds like you get randomly teleported around the map every time you hit an objective? And how does this prevent spawning? Maybe you're supposed to actually remove the spawn zone token? I'm very confused with that one.
    You misunderstood it. After reaching the previous objective, you just have to get all the remaining survivors to a single spawn zone and eliminate all zombies in it. Once this is done you prevent further spawning in that spawn zone, winning the mission.
    It is a tad confusing, but less so 'in context' than out.

The 'previous objective' bit is referring to the first "Take all objective tokens" objective.
    And the 'place the surviving survivors on' bit is how you achieve the second objective.

So, you have to, first take all the objective tokens, and only then, move all remaining survivors to a zone containing a zombie spawn point, kill any zombies there, then place the survivors on the spawn point, to win.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

Ah. That makes sense. I think I was particularly tripped up on "place the surviving survivors" in taking that as a command (do this now) not as an objective, reading it more as a "once you've done A, B happens" than "once you've done A, do B" Just some clunky wording, IMO. Maybe it would be better as: "Once all objective tokens have been retrieved, to win you must get all surviving survivors to a spawn zone without zombies on it."? That makes more sense to me, since the "to prevent further spawning" is unimportant (you already won, right?) and referencing "previous objective" when you have something called objective tokens can be confusing.

Everything else looks nice, and I'm even more looking forward to the game!
    Dood!

Aye.

Also, Ambidextrous=Swordmaster+Gunslinger

We have the rules.
    Now, to be fully happy, we need the scenarios designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernado View Post
    We have the rules.
    Now, to be fully happy, we need the scenarios designer.
    Surely, to be fully happy we need the game itself too!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Surely, to be fully happy we need the game itself too!
    I would really be very happy to have the game now.
    However we now at this moment that we have to wait a bit longer.
    But when we get it (and the tons of miniatures and promos) we'll be ecstatic.

Just to be clear - I want to make sure I"m understanding this... Regarding searching police cars, it says:

You can search a police car more than once. Draw cards until you find a weapon. Discard the other cards. The “Aaahh!” cards trigger the appearance of a Zombie as usual and interrupt the search.
    So that means the Survivor spends one action point and then just turns over cards until they find a weapon, right? As opposed to an action for each card turned.

Just seems generous.

Sounds about right, thefinn. You don't keep what wasn't a weapon, and you can also find zombies quickly, which is dangerous. But I'm guessing the item stack is something like 50% weapons anyways, so it shouldn't be too overpowered. They look to mostly be in maps where you can expect (need) to fight lots of zombies pretty quickly.
    Dood!

Also, you are discarding what is likely a useful item.
    Member of the Kathryn Loch painting fanclub

I didn't notice anything about what happens when you run out of cards.

If you reshuffle, then it's not a problem.

If not, then it is.

Unless it is an item that you need for a scenario and do not mill through the deck. I get the feeling you do not want to postpone solving the scenario if you can help it.
    Member of the Kathryn Loch painting fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I didn't notice anything about what happens when you run out of cards.

If you reshuffle, then it's not a problem.

If not, then it is.
    I assume there are a lot more cards than 'searchable areas' on a map, so it should pretty much never be a problem unless you get really unlucky and discard loads of cards searching a police car. If I've understood the rules correctly..

Hmm... Good point about the items needed for the scenario, Niranth.

Like the one where you need to find supplies - would be a bummer if you discarded all of one of the types of required items looking for a gun.

I might house-rule that in those types of scenario's you can choose to stop on an objective item (particularly if it's doughnuts :P), rather than a weapon.

But it will depend on the balance of weapon-to-non-weapon items, and so on, in the deck.