The few...The proud...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The few...The proud...

Blog Entries

Default The few...The proud...

Just realised on posting there in a WIP i've been here 6 years! Quite possibly a record for any forum by a long stretch. Nice to see a bunch of proper old schoolers that have been here longer, but it's safe to assume i'm no noob round these here parts...At least I assume it's safe...

This got me thinking, this site's had a lot of history, what have been your favourite moments?
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I love the inspiration of looking at other peoples super work and the boost I get when out of the blue someone takes the time to say they like my work
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

a tbs moment "no one expects the inquisition"
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Can't think of any one event, but I get a thrill every time I come across a 10 during voting. One that just blows me away.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Tooshy's online romance.

BME

Matt Varnish

Drink poison.

Those come to mind and put a smile on my face....
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

The Freakbar....awesome place....

The day I joined. Been down hill ever since. Also gd 03 (I think) - first time I met people form here irl
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I've been here a quater of my life now.. scary times...

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

The Great Stache Contest
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

In my short time on this site....all the advice I get from more knowledgeable painters and getting a comment on one of my minis from darren latham ;-) I liken it to slash telling me my guitar playing is OK lol!

Great community.

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

I likes it here all the time. I think it's fun mostly when someone with a 5 mini gets a 5 instead of the 10 they want... Also when someone with an 8 mini gets a 5 and hundreds of people then sympathy vote it to 10.

Humans are funny.

Blog Entries

Funny you should mention meeting people at GD, Tim. I remember a few faces that are now nowhere to be found!

Even the names elude me at this point...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

TBS? Is it indeed you? Oh my. I feared we had lost you for good.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Tis indeed I. The prodigal son has returned to once more sit at the throne of destiny and wear the heavy crown of dubious responsibility that comes with general thread disruption. No one can really stay away *that* long =P

About time mister. There have been WAY too many uninterrupted threads. I forgot what a derailing looks like.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Kinda like the Hotel California.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

looks like this at the start
    Last edited by cassar; 05-21-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    looks like this at the start
    I went all the way up to the start to check... But no, TBS post looks NOTHING like that! Son, I am disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Funny you should mention meeting people at GD, Tim. I remember a few faces that are now nowhere to be found!

Even the names elude me at this point...
    From this crowd?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Tis indeed I. The prodigal son has returned to once more sit at the throne of destiny and wear the heavy crown of dubious responsibility that comes with general thread disruption. No one can really stay away *that* long =P
    soooooooooooo ....... when is the High Prince TBS coming back to the Land of the Free to visit Liz and "ME" I's not getting any younger
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.