Sedition Wars KickStarter...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sedition Wars KickStarter...

Default Sedition Wars KickStarter...

I won't be pledging in this one (Zombicide sucked me dry (and I, personally, am not 'drawn in' by the mini's or the game concept in quite the same way)), but, for those who might be interested, and haven't seen it, there's a new CMON KickStarter just starting:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-for-alabaster

From a objective perspective, it looks good, and Studio McVey (the game developers) are very well known, and very well respected, in the miniature painting world.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))

I've been drooling over Mike McVey's paint work for nearly 20 years. Some of the Eldar stuff he designed for GW back in the day were really neat, and his paintwork is incredible.

I backed within a minute of seeing the kickstarter. (Though, I backed Zombicide even faster!)

You might know me as Joshua "Cornbread" Harris from Kickstarter and BGG

Yeah, I think this one will cost another hundred or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Skittlebrau View Post
    I've been drooling over Mike McVey's paint work for nearly 20 years. Some of the Eldar stuff he designed for GW back in the day were really neat, and his paintwork is incredible.
    Yeah, both Mike and Ali are awesome painters. And, I wasn't in the hobby when he doing GW stuff, so I'm not overly familiar with his work from that time, however I do know there have been several occasions in the past were I've seen some old GW stuff, gone "OOOH! NICE!" and then someone's said "Sculpted by Mike McVey..." and I'm like "Ah..... I see!"

Can't say I'm overly taken by any of the Sedition Wars stuff though. Not that it's not well sculpted, just none of it grabs me and screams "PAINT ME!" down my lug-holes from 6-inches away!

Really like some of their limited edition pieces though - if only I felt I had the painting skills worthy of the sculpts!

Mike was one of the key designers at Privateer Press when the converted Iron Kingdoms RPG into miniatures rules for Warmachine, which really made Privateer Press the powerhouse it is today. And a big plus is he's a super nice guy in person.
    I like it firm and fruity!

I'm really not too keen on the game boards. Only 5 of them ( double sided though), and they look a bit, I don't know, off with the rest of the game.

I'll probably back it just for the minis though. If it's like Zombicide, I feel we'll see hundreds of them by the time it ends. I suspect it's going to beat Zombicide too.

Yeah, I'm flat broke (was even before I saw Zombicide), but already convinced myself I can afford sedition wars on top of Zombicide... I'm starting to get a nice collection of self contained box games, Super Dungeon Explore, Zombicide, Sedition Wars, if only I had got that Space hulk, and some more regular gaming buddies...
    CONSCRIPTION IN THE LUCKY 88TH
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shoogoo View Post
    I'm really not too keen on the game boards. Only 5 of them ( double sided though), and they look a bit, I don't know, off with the rest of the game.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw it. My immediate conclusion was: ok, prototype. But then they mentioned that all the artwork was done. The tiles look as if they where taken from some abstract game, not from a "minis-draw-you-into-the-universe" board game. I am still very unsure about backing this one - well, in addition there is the money issue of course.

I eventually remembered that solo and co-op modes a Zombicide pledge make sense for me. This one is more of a hardcore versus game - a category where I have more games than opponents. Still planning to jump in for the minis once the $160k goal is reached, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Shiva View Post
    I eventually remembered that solo and co-op modes a Zombicide pledge make sense for me. This one is more of a hardcore versus game - a category where I have more games than opponents. Still planning to jump in for the minis once the $160k goal is reached, though.
    What happens at 160k?

The minis do look cool. I am pondering jumping in.... but Zombicide has tapped me...for now.

If i get to clear out some old minis by the end of this i think i will be backing it already sunk a fair bit into tentacle bento for some funky new minis and a game but tthis does look interesting even if the game boards don't look great it's not like you can't customise a 3d setup of them like everyone seems to be doing with boxed games these days

What i don't get is wh america gets free shipping yet those of us in the uk have to add an additional $25 shipping when the studio is based in sheffield :s

I'd guess it's something to do with Design Studio vs Publishing Location ?

As for the boards the images on the blog looked pretty good to me and the size is quite decent as well. The only thing holding me back is knowing what the finances will be mid next month so I'll probably wait to jump on board later (as I did Zombicide)
    JokerOx? Ox? Stupid fat fingers and the keyboard it's supposed to be Oz!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoogoo View Post
    What happens at 160k?
    I don't know. But aren't you excited to find out?
    I was referring to the similarly-stretched Zombicide where $160k-ish was when the contents of the Abomination pledge really reached critical mass.

Hmm... It's already really interesting to compare the progress of the Sedition Wars KickStarter to the Zombicide one.

For example, S.W's gained nearly as many backers (probably more by the time I've finished writing this) in less than four days, than Zombicide did in 12, and raised nearly as much money in that time as Zombicide did over 16 days!

Will be interesting to see if S.W. stays stalled for longer, and/or whether that larger initial burst of backers will result in even more coming on board towards the end.

(edit: t
    ypos)
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 05-28-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Typos

And....Troy is back... this time in this kick starter.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
    Troy is back...
    Sadly, every interwebz must have it's resident troll.

I've noticed 51 backers in the Quarantine Zone, are these the new "Tearful" class? Or are these people expecting to be able to upgrade after the finish?
    Member of the Kathryn Loch painting fanclub