A question about the optional miniatures
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question about the optional miniatures

Question A question about the optional miniatures

Are the optional minis* going to be limited** like the promotional ones?

I've asked this on the Kickstarter comments but they are going so fast it would be easy to miss.

*Eva, Marvin, Ivy, Claudia
    **maybe available in small numbers at cons and such.
    Member of the Kathryn Loch painting fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by Niranth View Post
    Are the optional minis* going to be limited** like the promotional ones?

I've asked this on the Kickstarter comments but they are going so fast it would be easy to miss.

*Eva, Marvin, Ivy, Claudia
    **maybe available in small numbers at cons and such.
    I think they'll be the same as the other promos in that there'll maybe some left for cons etc

CMON reply at Kickstarter was that optional minis are limited to 3 of each type

It took a bunch of scrolling but I found the answer 40 pages of Kickstarter comments back; I'm really under the weather today and should have posted it here too. Matt has it right.

Yeah it's sort of a shame it seems like the quality of the comments board on the kickstarter page has really gone down the past few days. Quite a few people seem to have nothing better to do than spam nonsense.

I feel sorry for the CMoN staffer that has to go through those comments to find the ones with helpful feedback and questions.

For myself, I'm not really too concerned about how limited these miniatures are. I'm more concerned about how good they actually look in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsc Zacal View Post
    I feel sorry for the CMoN staffer that has to go through those comments to find the ones with helpful feedback and questions.

For myself, I'm not really too concerned about how limited these miniatures are. I'm more concerned about how good they actually look in person.
    I'm sure CMON has seen there's those of us who don't spam, and try to help!

It did get a bit much, comments wise, with all the CTS moaners (I predict that will be a problem here in the long run too) - up to that point, though, at least it was all good humoured, if a little silly at times.

I'll admit I did add some to the spam. I also agree that some of the comments on CTS were out of line. I think that there is a bit of CTS in all of us, so the figure is really everyman. Who hasn't picked up an empty wrapping paper tube and pretended is was a sword? My brother and I beat each other nearly senseless, my sons took it to another level and made boffer swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Niranth View Post
    I'll admit I did add some to the spam. I also agree that some of the comments on CTS were out of line. I think that there is a bit of CTS in all of us, so the figure is really everyman. Who hasn't picked up an empty wrapping paper tube and pretended is was a sword? My brother and I beat each other nearly senseless, my sons took it to another level and made boffer swords.

I have two boys and about 6 light sabers... that doesn't even count the foam weapons we have. My oldest was at a small con recently and spent about 2 hours learning about AMPT Guard and combating people with foam weapons. While I'm not a huge fan of the CTS figure... I can totally relate.

NERF had a line of neat foam weapons a few years back that's still in stock most places. The longswords and mace were awesome, much as the others weren't. They're not exactly being used much, but I got them.

Edit: No, I don't have kids. Why do you ask?
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Shiva View Post
    NERF had a line of neat foam weapons a few years back that's still in stock most places. The longswords and mace were awesome, much as the others weren't. They're not exactly being used much, but I got them.

Edit: No, I don't have kids. Why do you ask?
    I'm lovingly appropriating your sig. I think we all should. Someone should do a banner.

LOL! I take it 107 the number of eejits that didn't pay the extra $25 for a small mountain of extra goodies (CBA to check).

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    LOL! I take it 107 the number of eejits that didn't pay the extra $25 for a small mountain of extra goodies (CBA to check).
    Yep. Poor fattys.
    My Avatar is a Zombie sketch by The Walking Dead Artist - Charlie Adlard.

You're welcome - I kinda hoped it would catch on.

What's going to be kinda funny/sad... is they will be on the forums and constantly be reminded that they didn't poney up.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
    What's going to be kinda funny/sad... is they will be on the forums and constantly be reminded that they didn't poney up.
    Well they're getting another chance now to up their pledge with the surveys.

Hopefully they'll realise.

I'm assuming they're not the ones likely to be on the forums to start with. Also, I'd guess at least one-third will, in fact, upgrade. But 107 is such a good number, and it will remain listed that way on KS long past the expansion's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Shiva View Post
    I'm assuming they're not the ones likely to be on the forums to start with. Also, I'd guess at least one-third will, in fact, upgrade. But 107 is such a good number, and it will remain listed that way on KS long past the expansion's release.
    Next expansion "Revenge of the 107"

Honestly if they do any sort of army add on, the company should be called the 107th.