Favorite Miniature Company?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Miniature Company?

Default Favorite Miniature Company?

What are some all your favourite miniature company's right now my personal favourite is Kingdom Death I find there models very well done. I kind of looking for other company's I may like.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 05-31-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Rackham, it's like finding old treasures. And they always have such a definable character and humour about them.

Though saying that Otherworld Miniatures have a cheesy 2nd D&D style to them too which never fails to bring a smile to my face.
    "Miniatures are like crack cocaine to us lot, so being paid to paint them is like getting a free needle exchange program".

agentmolar

Lots but I've got to say I mainly buy old Rackham they're loooooovely sculpts. Andrea is fast becoming a favourite of mine now as well.

OLD GW will always have a place in my heart but I will never ever ever ever buy anything from them now
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

In order:

Freebooter
    Studio McVey
    GW 1988-1999
    Reaper
    everything else

In no particular order.

GW and FW
    Dark Sword
    Heresy
    Hasslefree
    Freebooter
    Enigma
    Sphere Wars

Kingdom Death is good - I like Soda Pop as well. Andrea has awesome sculpts, even if they are a bit larger. Reaper has a lot of selection. They're all winners!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Rackham, it's like finding old treasures. And they always have such a definable character and humour about them.
    Great, you got me all excited looking at them, and then I found out you can't buy them anymore. :\

Rackham, for sure, is at the top of my list.

Then there's Andrea Miniatures, Pegaso, Dreamforge, Kingdom Death, ...

*sigh* so many miniatures. So little time.

And waaaay too little cash ...

If I have to pick only one.

Forgeworld. They have titans, tanks, monsters and mahveeens. All they need is some 54mm witchelves and battlesisters and my life would be perfect lol
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Hasslefree, Fenris, Antenociti, Knight Models, Studio McVey, Heresy, and Reaper are the ones that keep getting my ca$h.

Quote Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
    Great, you got me all excited looking at them, and then I found out you can't buy them anymore. :\
    eBay is your friend Just bought some today. Also if you join the ME29 chances are youll get some. I did on the last ME28.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Lots but I've got to say I mainly buy old Rackham they're loooooovely sculpts. Andrea is fast becoming a favourite of mine now as well.

OLD GW will always have a place in my heart but I will never ever ever ever buy anything from them now
    never say never mate - I have a vision....... yes I can see it now an artist and an astronaut sitting at the bar at golden demon getting drunk
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

eBay is your friend Just bought some today. Also if you join the ME29 chances are youll get some. I did on the last ME28.
    What is a ME29?

Quote Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
    What is a ME29?
    Its were we on CMON have like a secret santa type thing going on you post some minis to people and they post some to you its great you never know what your gonna get and you recycle some minis your not likely to get around to plus you end up being in contact with people on the forum you wouldnt other wise. Its great!!!

Have a look on the sticky thread on this link

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ange-29-(ME29)!
    Here be my ranking=

always liked werner klockes work, so i'm getting into freebooter. and now that i'm more into the painting end as opposed to the playing end, i'm dusting off my old metal rackham stuff i never painted

Rackham, then Rackham and finally Rackham. There is a lot of good stuff out there but nothing compares to the minis Rackham put out.

At the moment "Victrix" closely followed by "Perry miniatures" - I want to try "Capitan miniatures" and "Blazaway" - but I am now hooked on 28mm Napoleonic's, the colours, the history etc etc I may even get to play a game in the near future!

can't really decide on a favorite mini company. I like figures from a lot, but not all the released ones.

But the ones I really like now (in no order):
    Kingdom Death (always trying to get most of the releases)
    Sodapop (getting all, but now with kickstarter it could mean nothing bought until may 2013 or so)
    Freebooter (and by extension the Werner sculpts from Reaper)
    Hasslefree

Rackham... I liked the sculpts, but the company itself... never was favorite. Too many dumb decisions even before the C4 thing.

I have always had a soft spot for Kev Adams sculpts - old 80/90s greenskins. Some of his new commissions for Four A miniatures, Crooked Claw, and White Knight Miniatures have been stellar as well.

I just started looking more into Rackham stuff. Not all of the styles catch my eye - some I find a bit too exaggerated, but I really really like most of their greenskins.