KruleBear's WIP WIP - Page 50
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1158

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

Oh yeah, it’s all looking good krule, I’m really loving the skin tone on that orc, excellent colour and the blending is great. Great work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    The bones stuff came out well, the orcs my favourite. I think my step brother had dark future when we were kids, don't remember playing it but modelling for it might be fun
    Yeah, I never played Dark Future as I got that during the twent year drought where I had no one to game with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Oh yeah, it’s all looking good krule, I’m really loving the skin tone on that orc, excellent colour and the blending is great. Great work mate.
    Yeah, I put the most work into the orc. The skin looks even better in person. I was wanting to jazz up the metals more, but I need to get some of these low quality minis off my desk. He is also the only one that didn't get the Army Painter Dip treatment which made the mummy look pretty nice which is mr second favorite of the group. Those little dragons are just crappy casts in Bones. If you realy took the time to prep them to a decent level you could probably learn to sculpt and make your own version in the same amount of time. Iirc my goal on the in keeper was to learn how to shade a fairly smooth light colored cloth (the apron). I think I finally got there but the dip wash really mucked it up.

Looking nice KB, the bones guys came out well its some times tough getting the pic right, you can be super happy and then take a pic and go himmmmm that's not as good as it should look! Some things look way better in person!

They look good for tabletop level miniatures. The apron on the barkeep is looking nice and smooth, with a bit of good weathering, and the orc skin is excellent.

Nice work.

Thanks Foxtail and Canny.

Quote Originally Posted by Canny View Post
    Looking nice KB, the bones guys came out well its some times tough getting the pic right, you can be super happy and then take a pic and go himmmmm that's not as good as it should look! Some things look way better in person!
    I am not too worried about the picture as I didn't even attempt my good setup. I just threw a paper backdrop over my paint area and took the picture with my iPad...also known as shaky cam! But it is documented for my review years from now.

Lmao. You donut. Hahaha I lost it when sick said that. Painting looks awesome bro. I'm curious about playing gaslands as well but currently my brother got us back into infinity.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Lmao. You donut. Hahaha I lost it when sick said that. Painting looks awesome bro. I'm curious about playing gaslands as well but currently my brother got us back into infinity.
    Well to be fair I am more of a lovable bear claw than a donut. Lol

One thing I like about Gaslands is my son likes looking at pictures of converted cars and keeps suggesting we build some battle cars. I am hoping that by the time I get two squads painted up that his patients will be at a level where we can at least play a simplified version of the game together.

I always loved the beautifully painted Infinity minis, but after painting one Sedition Wars mini with all the armor plates I don't think I could handle it. I have great respect for people that can paint things like infinity and Star Wars Storm Troopers effectively.

Had fun in Chicago this weekend (even the four hours in the mall parking lot watching an unhappy 4 month old while my wife and son were playing at LEGO land).

The Crystal Brush entries at Adepticon were all a step above last years and congrats to several of our forum members that submitted awesome minis and got some well deserved recognition. I also attended a couple of painting classes. Damn, I really need to reguster for classes earlier next year though as getting out of a class at midnight is a bear for this bear!

Friday night I attended NMM for idiots....er I mean "NMM for beginners" presented by Anthony Rodriquez. The class started out a bit disorganized, but I got results that at least looked like metal on the dwarf from arms length. So win number 1. Win number two was winning the door prize of a Prodos 2017 Adepticon Alien crouching on a giant skull...very cool mini and probably covered the cost of the entry fee.

Name:  IMG_1079.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  83.7 KBName:  IMG_1078.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  87.8 KB

Saturday night I attended"Navigating the Maze:Painting a Minitaur from start to finish" by Mohand Art. To be honest it took me a couple hours to completely understand what he was telling us, but it started clicking at the end and I can say I will be using some of the techniques he explained. He was a really approachable and hands on instructor which helped a bit. I really liked how the skin turned out for as quick as it was to do, then we moved on to NMM...damn NMM sucks! we did the weapons first and I had a heck of a time getting smooth transitions. Then we moved to the armor and it started out terible (back shot I didn't take a photo off). So I was frustrated and moved to the helmet and that was when it started to click for me. I liked how the helmet turned out and I think it would look even better if I would have taken it slower and had better lighting in the room. So win number 3!

Name:  IMG_1077.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  88.6 KB

Thought and comments appreciated-Mike

Oh damn krule... that sword, hell yeah!!! Well now you’ve started I Guess you will be pumping out NMM all the time great work mate, I see a lot of stuff which people do in these short courses and it seem they are very valuable as most come out with great results.
    Haha I feel your pain with the Bub been there, done that haha not much fun but has to be done sometimes...

Well paint me jealous my friend. One of these years im gonna need to come see what this adepticon business is all about. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yep, as a european, definately a bit jealous of the adepticon thing...looks like a great show to get involved with and would love to be able to soak up the knowledge a bit more at some decent classes...never seem to find time or have the local classes I am intersted in fit in with work etc.

Great job though!

Dwarf's sword and mino's helmet specially look fantastic!!
    On my short NMM experiences I find Silver/Steel NMM relatively easier compared to the gold or cooper ones. In them you not only need to put the extreme lighting on the correct places but also the right colour hue... which I still find difficult to pull out.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

NMM isn't my forte but you can start to see it work here, perhaps without the time pressure of being in a class with a time limit you could get even better results

Thats very impressive for the first try. When I remember my first attempts ... looked like some kind of stone weapons^^

Stay on it. You'll notice that you'll make progress from mini to mini. Once you got the idea how the effect works it's getting better and better.

Chaotic Creations, Digganob, Hairster, Maenas,Sicks, and CyAniDe-- thanks you guys are awesome! Since that sword was my first "real attempt" at nmm I was pretty happy with it. Plus that was done on the floppy sword of a Reaper Bones PVC mini!

What I enjoy about Adepticon is that with Crystal Brush it is big enough to draw some awe inspiring miniatures, awesome vendors, and world class painters who are willing to teach these cool classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Haha I feel your pain with the Bub been there, done that haha not much fun but has to be done sometimes...
    LOL--I got the better end of the deal this time. Every time i saw a family going across the parking lot with a gift for the parties going on in LEGOland I was happy with sitting in the truck, changing diapers, feeding baby, listening to tunes, and catching up on the cmon forum. Plus my wife said it was so crazy with the lines and kids that she is reconsidering her desire to go to Disneyworld...and if that trip never happens I would consider it a big WIN!

I’m impressed and sorry I missed you Krulebear. I’m glad you had a chance to view my entries. Really wAnted to take you out for coffee or a beer. Next year comes quick. great results matey. See anyone can do it.

thats a really good first attempt a NMM. Also I like that orc from a page or so back, very good flesh tones.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    thats a really good first attempt a NMM. Also I like that orc from a page or so back, very good flesh tones.
    Thanks Coyote. I'm still trying to find my notes on the colors I used for that orc.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I’m impressed and sorry I missed you Krulebear. I’m glad you had a chance to view my entries. Really wAnted to take you out for coffee or a beer. Next year comes quick. great results matey. See anyone can do it.
    Thanks John. The onus was on me, but I ended up too damn busy with non-Adepticon activities to even reach out to you. But it would have been cool to run into you again in the display area and actually chat. Hear's to next year!

Don't worry Bam, next year KB is going to be gIvins you a run for your money with his newly aquired painting skills.
    ." -Me-

Damn CMON forums, had lost your thread in saved thread, good thing I decided to check in the main wip lobby! Nice KB, that steel is awesome for first attempt, but you know me, who am I to discuss NMM.. I swear I will make anything possible to make it to Adepticon next year have a blast with you guys and show you guy my stuff in real. Oh I am easy to find, look for a stick like 6 feet tall guy!
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 03-27-2018 at 02:20 PM.