KruleBear's WIP WIP - Page 58
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
Results 1,141 to 1,158 of 1158

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

The terrain piece looks great. A table full of that will look incredible.
    Have fun at Adepticon. I envy you those great classes!

Thanks Toad. I think it will look pretty cool when completed too.

BTW, took a great face painting class with David Powell (Bailey) at Adepticon yesterday morning. Awesome class and highly recommended. I liked that he had us practice the techniques on a 2D head outline before going to the sculpt. Here are my crappy photos of the work. The eye brows and beard are just blocked in at this point.
    Name:  28AFF331-B233-4CEF-93E7-4AB3ADBE8775.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  26.7 KBName:  18200A4D-7309-4363-AB27-3DD65375462E.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  25.0 KB

Wow, KB, that’s a really great start. I’ve got to say that looks like it could be your best when it’s all finished up. Cheers to Bailey for being a great teacher (which we all knew already).

I was shaking the tip of the brush a good cm, yet I managed to get the eyes in only a couple tries...I am pretty surethat is a record for me.

That is some nice painting on the head so far. I really need to try to get out to Adepticon sometime it looks like.

Think I say this every year but definitely jealous of you guys getting all of those class opportunities in one place at adepticon! Hope you had a great time.

Looks like the class was a success because that's a very nice looking face.

Thanks guys the classes were worth it. The class Friday night really ended up being an exercise in getting back into the swing of things. I also bought a new set of over prised brushes Friday night as my Winsor and Newtons were crap. The new brushes, better lighting in the room, and David’s excellent instruction really resulted in some work I was proud of.

By the way Fluisterwoud, your knight was one of the few I was able to look at in the cabinet...it looked awesome. Definately someth8ng to be proud of.

I love how the skin looks. What model is this? I want to see it finished already

Quote Originally Posted by Ddmkr View Post
    I love how the skin looks. What model is this? I want to see it finished already
    . Thanks Ddmkr. It looks like it is the 40mm Tagar from Hera Models. A beautiful sculpt that comes with two heads. I am tempted to fill the hole in the back if his head and leave the hair off.

Name:  44F73DC9-1560-4A83-AC41-3720C5D2AA3A.jpeg
Views: 172
Size:  262.8 KB

One thing this has convinced me to do is to start working on my higher quality minis that I have been kepping in the “waiting to be good enough” pile.

Oh cool, that is the mini we got for use in Sergio Rubio's class! It is a really great one.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    One thing this has convinced me to do is to start working on my higher quality minis that I have been kepping in the “waiting to be good enough” pile.
    The sad thing is that you will be good enough if you finish that pile

I know. Bailey really stepped it up for the mini he had us use in the class. A very cool mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Lemming View Post
    The sad thing is that you will be good enough if you finish that pile
    LOL:

I will either be better or dead when that pile done!

Geez, thanks for reminding me LL!

That's one superb looking face you have there. Should I be able to paint like you I would start painting my high quality models too. Maybe you can drill an hole in the bottom of his neck, attach a pin and put it on a sockle like some kind of mini base. Nice way to present something you first considered a study model.

Take care,

Gino(2dope)

Quote Originally Posted by Gino2dope View Post
    That's one superb looking face you have there. Should I be able to paint like you I would start painting my high quality models too. Maybe you can drill an hole in the bottom of his neck, attach a pin and put it on a sockle like some kind of mini base. Nice way to present something you first considered a study model.

Take care,

Gino(2dope)
    LOL. That is an intersting thought. Also don’t sell yourself short. You are as capable of this as me. And if you want to see my miss, this is the mini from the class the night before. Of course this is my list of excuses: I hadn’t attempted blending at this scale in months, the cast wasn’t smooth, my brushes were fraying, the lighting sucked, I am getting old, the moon was in the wrong position.... lol

This was a class in painting female skin tones.

Name:  FEB33574-C597-4021-B507-26E991D6B645.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  21.6 KBName:  00DB3F62-8E47-492B-8499-1B7E14C9DBE5.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  20.2 KBA

The clothes are just blocked in. Sorry for the fuzzy picture.
    Last edited by KruleBear; 04-03-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Which clothes? :-P
    Blending on the front side is looking really nice - a sun maid.
    On the back I cannot really evaluate... too fuzzy.

It sounds like the Adepticon classes went well and I agree with others that the dwarf is some of the finest work I've seen from you, KB! I'm starting to think I might want to pick up one of those dwarf models in the future now I support your conversion idea on the pony tail as well. Lop that thing off and it will look much better! I look forward to seeing more painting progress from you!