KruleBear's WIP WIP - Page 45
Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: KruleBear's WIP WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    NO WONDER! Now I know why you get more updates than me. You have a minion. Im on to you now lol. Must be a lot of fun to work on stuff like that with your little one. I am going to try to sculpt with my 7 year old nephew later this month, there will be dragons!
    Buwaaaahhhaaaahaa......er I mean good luck corrupting your nephew.

Finished up the two skeletons...it is sad that the one base coated by a four year old looks as good as mine. He also base coated a sea hag in a light blue (looks a lot paler than irl). I should finish this one, but that he did an excelent job of coverage. And it makes for a cool looking ghost as is.

Name:  IMG_0916.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  203.8 KBName:  IMG_0919.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  209.5 KB

Great stuff KB, maybe get the little cub to try some washes on the sea hag as a progression so it remains all his work
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I second the notion of WGS. A wise man that one is
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I second the notion of WGS. A wise man that one is
    I love the idea. I think I will let him play with the dip method as he will love that. I may paint the base up for him though. Similar to what I did with his large plaster figure painting a year ago.

Thanks for the VALUABLE feedback WGS....oh and I guess your feedback too Digga lol

Thats right! Just because I plagiarized WGS advice doesn't mean you can leave me out. I mean the value of my insight to feed off his idea should give me double the credit. Obviously!
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Been slowly completing some things. First a few Reaper Bones skeleton's for the toy box and a baby Reaper Bones Dragon. I think these look pretty decent for using basic techniques and not removing any mold lines....also a couple Hirst Art molded cavern terrain pieces completed. Enjoy.

Name:  IMG_0926.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  156.3 KBName:  IMG_0927.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  114.2 KB
    Last edited by KruleBear; 08-02-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot the pictures.

Looking good KB, really like the extra touches of moss on the scenery
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Fantastic work buddy. Makes me want to come over and play DND with you guys. Just let me know cause I have a lvl 1 gnome barbarian ready to go.
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Looking good KB, really like the extra touches of moss on the scenery
    I like how it turned out considering it's primary purpose is lazy man's "greenstuff" to hide a couple gaping cracks. I am also pretty happy with how it blends in with the Dwarven Forge prepainted scenery.

Fantastic work buddy. Makes me want to come over and play DND with you guys. Just let me know cause I have a lvl 1 gnome barbarian ready to go.
    That makes two of us. I haven't played D&D for 30 years and have been building up all this awesome terrain just begging for a dungeon crawl. Good thing is I think I have a couple people at work now that might be up for a skirmish level dungeon crawl...now where did I put those Frostgrave rules!
    Last edited by KruleBear; 08-03-2017 at 10:01 PM.

That baby dragon looks really good KB! Frostgrave sounds like a pretty fun game as well so I'm envious you're going to get a game or two in! I wouldn't mind seeing a shot of your terrain or of all your minis on the board if you're so inclined.

Thanks. That is an interesting idea. i wouldn't be able to put it all out for a couple reasons though. 1- the wife would find out how much I have and 2- a lot of it is still needs assembled. However one weekend the little bear and I built dungeons with just my Dwarven Forge stuff and we covered about half the living room floor

Also glad you like the baby dragon. I will probably add some eyes in, but they are mostly hidden with the pose anyways. i believe there are three more that size in different poses that are in the queue. They make for good fill ins with whatever extra paint I hav lauing around. They are proof that anyone can get nice tabletop minis using CONTROLLED dryrushing, washes, and glazes.

As for playing that has picked up a lot this year. Quite a few people in the group I am working with now like board games and they have fallen in love with Zombicide when I bring it. One of the guys used to go to a lot of the GW competitions, but quit playing as he struggled to find people to field armies locally. So pretty sure if I paint up a couple warbands I could get them to play Frostgrave which looks like a boat load of fun.

Blog Entries

Good to see you hard at work, uh, making lots of cool toys, bud! Glad your kid's going strong on the hobby!

Nice little set of figures there, and they look great in front of your scenery backdrop.

You're right about being able to get good minis on the tabletop with easy techniques. I think a lot of budding painters get put off when they see guys doing wet blending, nmm, whatever magic Sprocket uses etc.

Needs reinforcing that anyone can produce something they should be proud of without a huge investment of time and that you shouldn't expect to just be able to watch a few tutorial videos and paint a golden demon winner.
    Last edited by Foxtail; 08-04-2017 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Added some line spacing to break up my wall of ranting text

Some nice work here Krule, impressed with how these Bones miniatures scrub up: if I still had an rp group I think I'd be tempted to invest in some.
    As for painting with little helpers, it can be equal parts inspirational and frustrating (never underestimate just how much paint can be squeezed into a small space), but I certainly enjoy painting alongside my daughter when she shows an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Good to see you hard at work, uh, making lots of cool toys, bud! Glad your kid's going strong on the hobby!
    Thanks, he is slowly coming over to the dark side. He built a Scooby Doo Haunted Lighthouse kit with his mom for her birthday this morning. They both had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Nice little set of figures there, and they look great in front of your scenery backdrop.

You're right about being able to get good minis on the tabletop with easy techniques. I think a lot of budding painters get put off when they see guys doing wet blending, nmm, whatever magic Sprocket uses etc.

Needs reinforcing that anyone can produce something they should be proud of without a huge investment of time and that you shouldn't expect to just be able to watch a few tutorial videos and paint a golden demon winner.
    Well to be fair I think Sprocket had to sell his soul to a demon for the magic and we are supposed to worship him now....which most of us do. Since I don't have as much time as I would like to paint, I am hoping my wip shows that you can get some good results without being a great and skilled painter.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiarcus View Post
    Some nice work here Krule, impressed with how these Bones miniatures scrub up: if I still had an rp group I think I'd be tempted to invest in some.
    As for painting with little helpers, it can be equal parts inspirational and frustrating (never underestimate just how much paint can be squeezed into a small space), but I certainly enjoy painting alongside my daughter when she shows an interest.
    I think that is the Bones nitch---low, but acceptable quality and cheap. If you are running a campaign and need a bunch off mooks for one incounter it doesn't break the bank to buy them, base coat, dry brush, and wash for quick cheap gaming pieces.

Speaking of quick and cheap....here are three Bones green translucent haunts. The nightspectre, gravewraith, and ghostly summons. Most are washed with Tamiya clear green with a few things painted as normal. On the nightspecter, I painted the skeletons and then coted the, with the clear green. I should have probably did the sMe with the ghostly summons to make the woman stand out.

Name:  IMG_0930.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  168.1 KB

Now I have some more skeletons, terrain, and sacrificial zombies to finish.

They look yummy. I'm not sure how much work it's possible to do in these transparent minis?

Mmmmm gummy ghosts...they stay with you forever!

Gummy ghosts?! Better not tell my wife, or ill be running to the store to get some.
    ." -Me-

Another way people level up.they find very cool,easy,and extremely effective ways of getting effects for all sorts of things including these revenants!!! Great job on the hobby end bud!!!